Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Recent posts
* CLP REPORT *
by The Wraith
[Today at 01:41:06 PM]
Tell us how you hated 8 years of OBAMA and less than 2 years of TRUMP...
by bighair80s
[July 10, 2018, 11:45:57 AM]
No Topic. Anything Goes.
by gore range
[July 07, 2018, 06:26:30 AM]
The Trump Administration
by gore range
[July 06, 2018, 12:05:29 PM]
....bang bang....
by gore range
[June 29, 2018, 07:40:20 AM]
More on climate change
by gore range
[June 27, 2018, 12:17:55 AM]
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Merry Christmas  (Read 576 times)

NightmarePatrol

• Self Important Starfish
Merry Christmas
« on: December 23, 2017, 05:18:25 PM »
I hope you all have a nice enjoyable Christmas day however you celebrate it.

lifefeedsonlife

Re: Merry Christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2017, 09:09:22 PM »
Thanks NP! To you and yours as well - and everyone else in EE Ticketland!
For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. - Carl Sagan

The Wraith

• Won't Go Away
  • Error never lies with facts but how they are used.
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2017, 12:22:47 PM »
Merry Christmas to you all!

Even if you don't find it acceptable to post comments on the boards anymore, this would be one topic where it would be nice to see some old contributors, or "newer readers", check in to let everyone know you are still stopping by to see the shenanigans, or to stay informed about what is happening in the area. No BS, no judgements, just stop by and say Merry Christmas!

HO - HO - HO ....... Off I go......

Is there any point in public debate in a society where hardly anyone has been taught how to think, while millions have been taught what to think? ― Peter Hitchens

Lifetime

• Honk if you've not seen a gun fired from a Harley
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2017, 02:27:58 PM »
I can't seem to copy/paste this greeting... I send them out to all my friends and family.. So... crap typing coming up..

'twas the day before Christmas...

Once again .... the season of Hope and Expectations of the year, of a year of renewl and the plans of such, in our heads is upon us..

Christmas isn't about the weather, gifts and partying. It is a time to think about those closest to us.... about those who are not able to be a part of the immediate functions. We think of those memories past that bring smiles and contemplate those who have passed on and the joys they may have given us.

The eldest try to hold tradition for the youth amoungst us and set new ones for the ones who just came into our circle... may they be new friends or fresh new lives. We try to share a meal...if just for 2 or 22. The colorful paper flies off the new found object of need or want by the young ones and it is imprinted in the monds and memories of those who are older and watch.

With all the lights, meals, and presents, we should at least, remember the WHY. We know that science states Jesus was NOT born in December but...even that has become historical tradition all over the world. Santa and hios Elves may not be tangible but, they exist in the gleam of a child's eyes and the hearts and monds of those who were parts of Christmas pasts. As we grow older, the priorities of Christmas changes. It goes from the glee of searching under the tree for that special gift, to realizing that we are alotted but so many Christmas Holidays and they become even more important.

In all of the hustle and bustle of this year-end Holiday and Celebration, may we take away the feelingwe did our best, received spiritual rewards and for those elders... see the WHY of Christmas and ...also see it through the eyes of a child as well. So, in closing.... May your Christmas be fulfilling and we take the time to even look up into the Night Sky and at least imagine... to see that Star so important in marking this day. If you look close, I bet ONE will shine brighter than the rest... say a prayer and smile... God just had you on "Candid Camera"... Merry Christmas to ALL....

Amidala

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2017, 04:52:56 PM »
Merry Christmas!

Janetplanet

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2017, 10:33:41 PM »
Merry Christmas to all of my friends here.  Hope it was a good one for you and yours.  Ours has become more low-key as the years have passed, but it is peaceful and meaningful.  I do count my blessings.Janet
handle every stressful situation like a dog.  pee on it and walk away.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

A random picture
Sorry, you need to be logged in to view the gallery
Portal Management Extension PortaMx™ v0.957 | PortaMx © 2008-2009 by PortaMx corp.