[January 01, 2018, 02:14:01 PM]
Merry Christmas
by Janetplanet
[December 25, 2017, 10:33:41 PM]
Net Neutrality
by NightmarePatrol
[December 15, 2017, 07:44:03 AM]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: It doesn't seem right  (Read 5576 times)

bighair80s

• Self Important Starfish
Re: It doesn't seem right
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2008, 07:40:41 AM »

By the way, I like it here. This is a sharp group, glad to belong.

mr r
i think it is evident that your contribution has "sharpened" this groups' profile too. that statement was not meant to be patronizing either, i mean it in all sincerety. i enjoy your insight very much as i know everyone else does. good to have you here!
"this space for rent"

gore range

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2008, 10:57:11 AM »
...The State Department has taken it upon themselves to strip the law abiding, tax paying Geiser of his citizenship and are actively trying to deport him...

... who stood up and made the initial decision that this guy has to go?...

....the Justice Department's Office of Special Investigations, created by President Jimmy Carter in 1979, is specifically charged with and responsible for detecting, investigating and taking legal action to denaturalize and/or deport persons who took part in Nazi-sponsored acts of persecution committed abroad during the period 1933-45....

....additionally, the Refugee Relief Act of 1953 bars visas from being issued to anyone “who personally advocated or assisted in the persecution of any person or group of persons because of race, religion or national origin.”

.... the documented facts are Mr. Gieser willingly and intentionally entered the United States under false circumstances and obtained US citizenship; and, pursuant to their charters,  the law enforcement agencies created to identity and act upon such did so per their mandate....

....the DOJ-OSI has successfully prosecuted 100 persons in such matters since being created by Jimmy Carter....

....it is the Justice Department that asked the federal court in Pittsburgh to revoke Geiser's citizenship and order him deported....

"...He doesn't deserve to live in this country. I feel sorry for his family..."
"...It seems somewhat callous and indifferent, especially for people who quite deliberately did these things and then tried to escape by hiding their past..."

Mr. Ripley

• Won't Go Away
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2008, 11:54:49 AM »

....it is the Justice Department that asked the federal court in Pittsburgh to revoke Geiser's citizenship and order him deported....

I stand corrected on the Department that has initiated these proceedings. Thank you for pointing that out.  :thumbsup:
....additionally, the Refugee Relief Act of 1953 bars visas from being issued to anyone “who personally advocated or assisted in the persecution of any person or group of persons because of race, religion or national origin.”

Perhaps while wording this they forgot about the Japanese interment camps out west??

Here is an excerpt from a post I made on the Sharon Herald Forum:

One has to understand the predicament of a German speaking young man at this time in those nations that became the "Iron Curtain".

If your home was approached by the Waffen SS, naturally you would speak German to them to plead for your family. They would simply offer you the choice between conscription or death for you and your family. If you could somehow fool them into thinking you were a local peasant they may kill you anyhow. If you wait for the advancing Russians to come, and they find out that you speak German, the Russians will kill your family. What would most men do in this position? Sacrifice themselves for the good of the family.

This scenario played out thousands and thousands of times in Eastern Europe and the Balkans in the 1940s. Geiser likely did what he had to do to spare his loved ones.

Now we want to strip him of his citizenship after he led a clean life here, worked hard, payed taxes and took the time to become a citizen. Ship him off at 83?

If they cannot prove that he was actively and criminally complicit in the extermination of Jews in these camps they should let him be.

I have done a great deal of research over the years on my family history, and had several members presented with this same ultimatum. Conscription is not an offer to be considered and decided against without grave consequences. What would you or I do??

I would also like to state that I in no way condone what the Nazis did in these camps, it was a dark stain on human history.

Goodness, am I long winded

Mr R

bighair80s

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2008, 11:59:06 AM »
One of the most publicized events of the last decade was the execution of a Texas woman who had been convicted of murdering two people 14 years earlier. During her time in prison, she became a Christian. The evident genuineness of her conversion elicited calls from all over the world to spare her life. Even the Pope pleaded with the Governor of Texas to intervene. In the end, those who sought justice for the crime she committed prevailed. With a lethal cocktail running through her veins, Karla Fay Tucker “coughed twice, let out a soft groan, and fell silent.”(1)

The debate raised by this case was gripping enough, but what I found to be most fascinating was the intense contest that was unfolding outside the premises where the execution was scheduled to be carried out. Both the proponents as well as opponents of the death penalty camped outside, each side trying to drown the other's voices. The news of the execution was greeted by a boisterous cry of triumph from those who had so vehemently sought justice for the crime. Others were left wondering where, when, and how mercy applies when the life of an individual hangs in the balance.

This drama was a classic representation of the two most disparate poles of justice and mercy. How are the guilty to be spared in cases where absolute justice is administered? If there are no shortcuts, no bribes, and no turning of a blind eye against evil, what hope is there for those wedged between the jaws of justice? The tension between justice and mercy is a reality with which we all live, and depending on the circumstances, our hunger for vindication is only matched by our plea for mercy and forgiveness.

this quote represents the connundrum for me. justice and mercy. justice for the offended and against the offender, mercy for the offender.  it just goes to show the key in all this is knowing the human heart.  who can know it? who can judge it?  i guess the best we can do as mere mortals is make rules and hope they make things right. they dont always do they?  my core beliefs tell me that a price has to be paid for wrongdoing, even if you repent, in other words you can be sorry about a thing but that wont take away consequences, my core beliefs  also embrace mercy, due to the fact i need it myself i would extend it to others that exhibit humble repentance.  again, how to know the heart...

The only recourse for the guilty is to seek mercy, and mercy cannot be demanded.

"this space for rent"
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

A random picture
Sorry, you need to be logged in to view the gallery
Portal Management Extension PortaMx™ v0.957 | PortaMx © 2008-2009 by PortaMx corp.