[February 15, 2019, 04:59:04 PM]
More on climate change
by gore range
[February 14, 2019, 11:12:16 PM]
No Topic. Anything Goes.
by NightmarePatrol
[February 10, 2019, 09:18:40 AM]
Pages: 1 ... 401 402 403 404 405 [406]   Go Down

Author Topic: No Topic. Anything Goes.  (Read 1385239 times)

IC2ITUC

• Won't Go Away
Re: No Topic. Anything Goes.
« Reply #6075 on: January 24, 2019, 01:23:48 AM »
Sounds like java script is turned off in the browser.
....I was using Edge, and the prompt said it does not enable java script on that browser in Windows 10, which I have. I still PREFER EDGE though.  I went to Internet Explorer where it is enabled, which I am using for this post.  Now I can post the emojis.  I guess I will just have to use IE for these forums if I want to use the emojis, but as stated, I prefer Edge and will keep it as my main "ether buddy"   :)   THANKS NIGHT FOR THE INFO and HELP.  :thumbsup: My expertise is in Eyes and Vision, not Computers !   ;D
"There are few bargains in parachutes or healthcare"!  "The Mind is like a parachute, it functions best when open"!

NightmarePatrol

• Self Important Starfish
« Reply #6076 on: February 02, 2019, 11:17:17 AM »
I use chrome, but then I have to because I can't (nor would I) run edge or IE.

Lifetime

• Honk if you've not seen a gun fired from a Harley
« Reply #6077 on: February 03, 2019, 10:21:44 AM »

IC2ITUC

• Won't Go Away
« Reply #6078 on: February 03, 2019, 07:50:20 PM »
I use chrome, but then I have to because I can't (nor would I) run edge or IE.
........I used to run Chrome.  Why do you like it over the others ?  Less chance of viruses, other malware, etc., ??   BTW,  Great skiing this weekend at 7 Springs.  My "Mountain Bunker" wouldn't mind having some bloggers visiting.  Remember, I make THE BEST Irish Coffee you will ever have as a "perk", if you indulge in "adult beverages".  ;D (man, it's like biting fingernails, I just can't get away from those darn quotation marks !! )   ??? ...
"There are few bargains in parachutes or healthcare"!  "The Mind is like a parachute, it functions best when open"!

NightmarePatrol

« Reply #6079 on: February 04, 2019, 05:38:55 PM »
Chrome and firefox are the safest browsers out there at the moment. There are others in the work (like epic) that are security focused. However sometimes security will gt in the way of functionallity unless you're well versed in ho things work. The problem with MS products is that they are marrie to all things MS and in their attemt to make things easier for you they sometimes let thing slip in or out that you might not want.

However, most all sites need to use cookies to function. Some sites add tracking cookies, super cookies and a host of other things. If the site uses flash all bets are off as flash is horribly insecure and prone to all manner of things.

No getting a virus is more common sense, but sometimes you can get hijacked just by hitting a web site. Needless to say, there's a ton of ways to get them.

I have just found chrome to be overall excellent.

I use  a locked down version of firefox for when I have to stray off the beaten path.

IC2ITUC

• Won't Go Away
« Reply #6080 on: February 09, 2019, 12:49:30 AM »
Thanks for your input NIGHT.

NightmarePatrol

« Reply #6081 on: February 10, 2019, 09:18:40 AM »
Here's a interesting link for you to read up on the Microsoft's recent direction on browsers.
Pages: 1 ... 401 402 403 404 405 [406]   Go Up

A random picture
Sorry, you need to be logged in to view the gallery
Portal Management Extension PortaMx™ v0.957 | PortaMx © 2008-2009 by PortaMx corp.