by gore range
[December 04, 2018, 08:37:38 AM]
* CLP REPORT *
by IC2ITUC
[November 30, 2018, 08:01:38 AM]
Holiday start
by IC2ITUC
[November 28, 2018, 11:40:53 AM]

Author Topic: * CLP REPORT *  (Read 2759669 times)

gore range

• Self Important Starfish
Re: * CLP REPORT *
« Reply #11235 on: March 20, 2018, 12:21:08 AM »
Contrasting and comparing accumulated debt net profit losses amounts relative to time/boards:

gore range

« Reply #11236 on: March 20, 2018, 12:35:14 AM »
....current trend line snap shot :

Amidala

« Reply #11237 on: March 24, 2018, 10:58:45 PM »
Facebook & the Only in PA page presented Elmwood Park in Norristown PA, a cute little park that has added a variety of attractions, zoo animals, zip lines, etc, to keep itself going. And they have a few rides & playground.  Very creative thinking. Has anyone ever visited there? I would think that some good ideas could be gleaned from Elmwood...

gore range

« Reply #11238 on: March 29, 2018, 12:10:13 AM »

« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 08:56:50 AM by gore range »

gore range

« Reply #11239 on: April 01, 2018, 08:49:22 AM »
....on a parallel Chapter 11 bankruptcy track, out of bankruptcy in three months-

....on a side note for newer readers, after the Beach Club fire in 2013, the former Beach Club/Hotel Conneaut lessee held a highly publicized benefit concert to raise funds to rebuild the lost Beach Club. The lessee publicly stated that if they did not rebuild the Beach Club that they would donate the benefit funds to  the numerous local volunteer fire departments which responded to the Beach Club fire. I am not aware of any documentation showing those funds were paid to any of the local VFDs. Likewise, I am not aware of any documentation showing the former Beach Club/Hotel Conneaut lessee initiated any efforts towards rebuilding the lost Beach Club

clp_lives

« Reply #11240 on: April 02, 2018, 01:41:31 PM »
Over $10k in monthly mortgage payments as a result, take a few guesses on how long before they are in default again.  The crowds clearly don't support that, nor do they for the park.

....on a parallel Chapter 11 bankruptcy track, out of bankruptcy in three months-

....on a side note for newer readers, after the Beach Club fire in 2013, the former Beach Club/Hotel Conneaut lessee held a highly publicized benefit concert to raise funds to rebuild the lost Beach Club. The lessee publicly stated that if they did not rebuild the Beach Club that they would donate the benefit funds to  the numerous local volunteer fire departments which responded to the Beach Club fire. I am not aware of any documentation showing those funds were paid to any of the local VFDs. Likewise, I am not aware of any documentation showing the former Beach Club/Hotel Conneaut lessee initiated any efforts towards rebuilding the lost Beach Club

gore range

« Reply #11241 on: April 04, 2018, 01:00:00 PM »
Over $10k in monthly mortgage payments as a result, take a few guesses on how long before they are in default again.  The crowds clearly don't support that, nor do they for the park. ...

For newer readers, the Conneaut Lake Volunteer Fire Department is reported as appropriately negotiated the required agreed to debt settlements in order to emerge from bankruptcy.

Conneaut Lake  Park, on the other hand, appears to be moving away from emerging from bankruptcy with its filing of now two extensions with the bankruptcy court to submit an application for a final decree to close its bankruptcy case (which, has gone unreported to local tax payers and voters by the local press).

The park’s own financial statements reported to the court appear to portray the park incurring substantial net profit revenue losses, continuing to incur increasing debt (even after allegedly paying off its back property taxes debt), and, the court has been officially notified the park still owes money the tax bodies on its back property tax debt and that the park as not paid its sewer taxes/fees since April of 2016.

I am not aware of documented reports CLPVFD owes money on its back property taxes or has not paid its sewer taxes/fees for two years. 

clp_lives

« Reply #11242 on: April 05, 2018, 01:08:37 PM »
Not yet.

Over $10k in monthly mortgage payments as a result, take a few guesses on how long before they are in default again.  The crowds clearly don't support that, nor do they for the park. ...

For newer readers, the Conneaut Lake Volunteer Fire Department is reported as appropriately negotiated the required agreed to debt settlements in order to emerge from bankruptcy.

Conneaut Lake  Park, on the other hand, appears to be moving away from emerging from bankruptcy with its filing of now two extensions with the bankruptcy court to submit an application for a final decree to close its bankruptcy case (which, has gone unreported to local tax payers and voters by the local press).

The park’s own financial statements reported to the court appear to portray the park incurring substantial net profit revenue losses, continuing to incur increasing debt (even after allegedly paying off its back property taxes debt), and, the court has been officially notified the park still owes money the tax bodies on its back property tax debt and that the park as not paid its sewer taxes/fees since April of 2016.

I am not aware of documented reports CLPVFD owes money on its back property taxes or has not paid its sewer taxes/fees for two years. 

gore range

« Reply #11243 on: April 07, 2018, 11:28:52 AM »
....construction has begun on the lake's new tourist-friendly beach front attraction-

The Wraith

• Won't Go Away
  • Error never lies with facts but how they are used.
« Reply #11244 on: April 07, 2018, 08:35:49 PM »
I am sure this is going to make the borough look attractive to visitors with a hopeful shot in the arm financially, BUT there seems to be concern too. I am pretty sure someone here mentioned this problem a few years ago.....

Crawford County study in response to declining population, influx of housing projects

By Keith Gushard Meadville Tribune Mar 24, 2018

Crawford County Planning Director Zach Norwood (right) talks with Todd Poole, 4ward Planning managing principal, during a walk this week to discuss the county's housing needs and blight. (Picture Caption)

SHANNON ROAE/Meadville Tribune

A declining population in Crawford County coupled with more housing being built is leading to both abandonment around the county and concern within the Crawford County Planning Office.

The Planning Office is working with a consultant on a housing study to look at trends and future needs within the county. It also wants to get input from those involved in different aspects of real estate and large employers.

"We want to see what do we need, where are we going and what do we have here now to ensure the future of the county's housing stock so we don't have issues down the road," said Zach Norwood, Crawford County's planning director.

Despite the county seeing its population decline 3.7 percent between 2000 and 2016, the number of housing units within the county went up by 28 percent or 9,708 units in that same time period.

More alarming is the number of vacant housing units, according to the Planning Office. In that same 2000 to 2016 period, the number of vacant housing units within the county went up by 31.2 percent to 3,640 homes.

"It's signaling mismatches of housing," said Thomas Gilbertson, assistant planning director.

The concern is the combination of a declining population coupled with a substantial number of housing units may impact both individual property owners and communities, according to Norwood. It means taxpayers around the county may end up paying for higher infrastructure and maintenance costs if the number abandoned properties continues.

With baby boomers aging, there's now a building trend toward senior housing — evident by four projects either underway or planned within Crawford County, Norwood said.

Two multi-unit senior housing complexes are planned in the Meadville area — conversion of the 163-room former Days Inn in Vernon Township into independent living apartments for those age 50 and older by Wesbury United Methodist Retirement Community; and construction of a 128-unit independent living complex on Pine Street by Calamar Enterprises Inc.

Hudson Companies is finishing up construction of a 40-unit senior housing complex at Conneaut Lake and has plans for a similar project in Cochranton.

"Those populations need those types of specific housing," Norwood said of older adults. "When they come online, there will be vacancies within our communities and we may not have the necessary population to fill those vacancies."

It also could lead to deterioration of a community's neighborhoods and its housing market plus there are safety issues, too, according to Norwood.

Property owners near blighted structures take a direct hit on their property's value, but potentially new residents can struggle to find affordable housing as most homes are either too costly or in disrepair.

The U.S. Census Bureau recognizes affordable housing as housing priced so a family spends less than 30 percent of its net income on rent or a mortgage plus the cost of utilities.

A 2016 survey by the Census Bureau found 25 percent of all homeowners in Crawford County were paying more than 30 percent of their net income on housing-related costs, according to the Planning Office.

The countywide study is getting underway with 4ward Planning, a consulting firm hired by the county in January. The study will cost $56,440 with $3,000 coming from the county and the rest of the money coming from grant funds, Norwood said.

Officials from 4ward Planning and the Crawford County Planning Office began touring the county this week to check out blighted areas.

The county also wants comments from area real-estate professionals including developers, Realtors, mortgage brokers, loan officers and lawyers specializing in real estate for involvement in focus groups and/or interviews, Norwood said.

The study also wants comments from those who work to provide housing for vulnerable and special needs populations such as low-income individuals and the elderly. The study will contact large employers within Crawford County to understand the needs of their workforce through a survey of employees.

Input also will be sought from municipal officials around the county, Norwood said.

"We want to identify the goals of the different communities," Norwood said. "'Do you want more people in your community or are you satisfied with the size of it?' Some may and some may not. We don't know. It means the approach in one community may be different than another."

“Is there any point in public debate in a society where hardly anyone has been taught how to think, while millions have been taught what to think?” ― Peter Hitchens

Amidala

« Reply #11245 on: April 08, 2018, 09:28:45 PM »
Thanks for posting this Wraith. As you and I both know, it's ultimately about cash flow - into the county or out of the county. In my quarter century + of living here, I've seen a lot of money flow out, extreme resistance to change and heard many voice opinions reflecting those outcomes "why do we need change?" Of course, I wonder what they will think if they're jobs disappear. Crawford is still in the lowest 25% of counties in the state economically, #57/67. Very curious as to what the 2020 Census will show.

Meanwhile I spent Saturday in Mt Lebanon with an old friend - brunch at PAMELA'S watching an endless stream of very colourful patrons followed by treats from a real French patisserie - very refreshing.

gore range

« Reply #11246 on: April 09, 2018, 08:47:55 AM »
....for local readers residing in the county which has the most run down, dilapidated, per capita-costly amusement park in the country-

Crawford County housing data:
http://www.towncharts.com/Pennsylvania/Housing/Crawford-County-PA-Housing-data.html

Crawford County economy data:
http://www.towncharts.com/Pennsylvania/Economy/Crawford-County-PA-Economy-data.html

Crawford County demographic data:
http://www.towncharts.com/Pennsylvania/Demographics/Crawford-County-PA-Demographics-data.html

Amidala

« Reply #11247 on: April 09, 2018, 09:46:37 AM »
That's a good regional analysis - or paraphrase Sheldon Cooper,  Fun with Charts. When I researched this, oh, two years ago, I used the census data and census extrapolation, which has comparisons to all the counties in the state.  The thing whole point of the exerise (for me) was to visualize the poverty in the area compared to the rest of the state, the rest of the nation, by looking at average income and per capita income.  The statistic that I remembered is that we are in lowest quarter of counties in the state, I think 57 out of 67 in those income measures.   While we are 'average' compared to our region, we on the low end of things state-wide.

The money in PA is in the southern tier - the Pittsburgh-Harrisburg-Philadelphia stretch.  Even my home county, Westmoreland, has 4x the population of Crawford, and is, well, booming compared to here.  The declining population of Crawford was 88K and in Westmoreland it is 366K.  More people = more money. They have been much more forward thinking in bringing in more business.

Our challenge is drawing some of that money into the county thru tourism yes (but that's not a big draw) and make the environment fertile for business development and new businesses to move into the county.   Not an easy task but not impossible, either.

Amidala

« Reply #11248 on: April 09, 2018, 10:44:03 AM »
I forgot to mention that when I have mentioned the census data to a local, I always get the 'NO/BLANK stare." Very funny. (That term, the No/Blank Stare was coined by one of my lifelong friends who now lives in Harrisburg area..)

gore range

« Reply #11249 on: April 09, 2018, 01:18:02 PM »
Pages: 1 ... 745 746 747 748 749 [750] 751 752 753 754 755 ... 764   Go Up

A random picture
Sorry, you need to be logged in to view the gallery
Portal Management Extension PortaMx™ v0.957 | PortaMx © 2008-2009 by PortaMx corp.