by gore range
[December 04, 2018, 08:37:38 AM]
* CLP REPORT *
by IC2ITUC
[November 30, 2018, 08:01:38 AM]
Holiday start
by IC2ITUC
[November 28, 2018, 11:40:53 AM]

Author Topic: No Topic. Anything Goes.  (Read 1254128 times)

Lifetime

• Self Important Starfish
  • Honk if you've not seen a gun fired from a Harley
Re: No Topic. Anything Goes.
« Reply #5880 on: March 10, 2016, 07:13:29 PM »
And now we have thieves in suits.... I am happy to see the top Executive officers of the Wounded Warrior Project have been fired and this so called Veterans Organization will be given a complete audit. Nardizzi needs jailed...not fired.
I have kept my eye on them for years and saw many shortcomings....Nothing they do that cannot be done by the Older Veteran Service Organizations and yes.... EVEN THE VA.
From what I have come across.... I am led to understand the help was just to Post 9-11 mostly. I am of the old school thought of "too many cooks in the kitchen... spoils the soup."  Anytime you start something "NEW"... the first to usually get paid.... the top. Life goes on and we should always use the mind before the heart in reaching into the wallet or pocketbook.
I think that there will be more of the top positions evacuated as the investigations continue. IMHO

Jayhawk

• Won't Go Away
« Reply #5881 on: March 11, 2016, 01:21:03 AM »
The doorbell rang, so she threw some clothes on, nobody at the door.

the alleged solution to this, or so the ads say, is the My Doorbell (or whatever it's called). It's a wifi camera, and you reply from your phone at work, "Sorry, i'm giving the baby a bath. Go the F away..."

And the criminal believes you are really 30 feet away and goes home. Until he sees the commercial and realizes this actually means the home is vacant. Great plan.

Jayhawk

• Won't Go Away
« Reply #5882 on: March 11, 2016, 01:28:00 AM »
I am happy to see the top Executive officers of the Wounded Warrior Project have been fired and this so called Veterans Organization will be given a complete audit.

So am i.

If i ever worked for a non-profit, expecially a charity, i would feel so conscious that every dollar i earned came from someone's pocket, as did every dollar the organization spent.

instead, this organization became like government, where somehow the pool of money became divorced from its source, and the organizational management became more important to fund than actual benefits.

An organization like this needs to be having board meetings and retreats at the holiday inn in paramus, NJ, not a 5-star hotel in manhattan. Once you lose sight of that kind of frugality and reason, it all falls apart.

NightmarePatrol

« Reply #5883 on: March 11, 2016, 08:27:19 AM »
The ring/no answer, then go around to the back is a pretty common trick. Our neighborhood has large lots and the back end of all but a handful of houses are nothing but woods. I'm sure he was just as surprise to see my wife as she was pissed off to see him opening up the screen door to the pool. Our vicious 15 pound dog will shower anybody with affection and kill them with love and kisses. With any luck the next dog will possess better discretion.

The doorbell rang, so she threw some clothes on, nobody at the door.

the alleged solution to this, or so the ads say, is the My Doorbell (or whatever it's called). It's a wifi camera, and you reply from your phone at work, "Sorry, i'm giving the baby a bath. Go the F away..."

And the criminal believes you are really 30 feet away and goes home. Until he sees the commercial and realizes this actually means the home is vacant. Great plan.

NightmarePatrol

« Reply #5884 on: March 18, 2016, 07:03:07 PM »
A great idea I wish was a little less expensive They have light switch plates too.

gore range

« Reply #5885 on: June 30, 2016, 08:36:53 AM »
The middle daughter in Texas is the deputy chief of the automotive claims branch for one of the big national insurance firms.

On the way to her work yesterday, in the inside  lane of a double left turn a non-citizen driver in the outside lane decides they liked the daughter’s lane better and proceeded to move into inside lane :o .

Remains to be seen if the non-citizen is legal or was on cell phone.

The deputy chief of the automotive claims division for one of the big national insurance firms says the driver was an total buttwad yelling at her while she was still in the car, and-

….the trucking firm is already trying to blame the deputy chief of the automotive claims division for one of the big national insurance firms her for careless driving.

Good luck on that.

Other than watching her life appear to be disappear before her eyes in full HD movie quality slow motion tire crunching terror, the daughter walked away, counting her blessings……and late for work…….with a good excuse.

lifefeedsonlife

« Reply #5886 on: June 30, 2016, 09:55:38 AM »
Woah!  :o
For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. - Carl Sagan

Amidala

« Reply #5887 on: June 30, 2016, 10:09:46 AM »
OMG! glad she is ok! What a terrifying experience!

NightmarePatrol

« Reply #5888 on: June 30, 2016, 11:47:08 AM »
Way too close!

Amidala

« Reply #5889 on: July 05, 2016, 06:09:42 AM »
Wonder how far and wide the power outage is in Madville?? Its been,3 hours.

Lifetime

• Honk if you've not seen a gun fired from a Harley
« Reply #5890 on: July 05, 2016, 09:03:40 AM »
Wonder how far and wide the power outage is in Madville?? Its been,3 hours.

I guess it may have been part of a grid... Hermitage was out of power to about 1500 homes. The safety forces had to bring out generators to run the traffic lights... I think all are back on by now though.

gore range

« Reply #5891 on: November 01, 2016, 10:24:26 AM »
After over a decade confined to a customized compartment on the bunker command control desk credenza, the now former mini-desktop has found a new life.

I received a new solid-state drive even more compact PC for the birthday.  While I indeed have a nice wifi-ed lap top,  and even built a wifi mini-deck out in the back yard for lazy afternoon surfing in shade of the narrow leaf cottonwood, after all these years I just couldn’t seeing unceremoniously chucking the old desk top PC.

The old  mini desktop is a nice small unit and  running pretty darn well after a decade of proven and dependable productivity and I just couldn’t see taking the sledge hammer to the hard drive disk and tossing the remnants in trash can.

At the risk of appearing turning into an old crotchety  tree hugging anti-waste tree-hugging environmentalist, technological dinosaur entrenched in sentimental nail and hammer sawdust skill set which I tend to relish,  I snagged a used $5 small monitor at the thrift store, picked up a new mini $7 key pad at the techno super mart, got some sweet $9 USB speakers on da bay, threw together a carrying box for it all with scrap half inch plywood, quickly hard wired the mini-deck,  and got another toy out of the deal.

I see the AC-powered $5 monitor does offer noticeably improved contrast in the daylight than the wifi-ed lap top and/or the smart phone.

Ya, goofy as all get out, but that’s life in the retired slow lane  :D

NightmarePatrol

« Reply #5892 on: November 01, 2016, 12:21:50 PM »
I would think a laptop would be a much easier thing to move around. Still... pretty cool though!

lifefeedsonlife

« Reply #5893 on: November 01, 2016, 12:29:41 PM »
That's pretty cool. Surprised ya didn't stain the dang thing though.
For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. - Carl Sagan

NightmarePatrol

« Reply #5894 on: November 14, 2016, 07:49:00 AM »
So did anybody see the super moon last night?

it was brighter than a typical full moon, but it didn't seem all that much larger. Maybe it's my latitude.
Pages: 1 ... 388 389 390 391 392 [393] 394 395 396 397 398 ... 402   Go Up

A random picture
Sorry, you need to be logged in to view the gallery
Portal Management Extension PortaMx™ v0.957 | PortaMx © 2008-2009 by PortaMx corp.