[September 26, 2018, 04:55:42 PM]
Sad day
by NightmarePatrol
[September 17, 2018, 06:50:14 PM]
No Topic. Anything Goes.
by NightmarePatrol
[September 12, 2018, 02:39:09 PM]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: ....bang bang....  (Read 10096 times)

gore range

• Self Important Starfish
Re: ....bang bang....
« Reply #60 on: April 14, 2018, 10:49:25 AM »
Hmmm which one of these were able to be slapped  on ... Cruz in Florida  ...

I know what the parameters are for Veterans to be considered in revoking the ability to possess/own firearms/ammunition. I would hope that the lines are CLEAR to determine the defined areas for our population

....the documented factual reality is the touchy-feely, self-esteem-feeding, emotionally delluded paper-pushing/money  grabbing liberal bureaucrats  intentionally changed the high school incident reporting requirements so that it falsely appears legitimate crime incidents in schools are not reported as such, making it appear crime incidents in schools are lower than actually occurring, with the motivation o that minorities are not being discriminated against/victimized due to their acting out in school....

....got to love the irony mental heath challenged/socially isolated Cruz is factually documented having been heavily bullied in school, and now -

....the wasn’t-even-in-school-that-day Camera Hogg is the victim.....and  financially propped up to beat the to restrict second amendment self protection rights drum because –

....the utterly ignorant-of-the-law/Supreme Court rulings Camera Hogg believes only the authorities have the right to possess guns to protect you....the same authorities –

.....which had scores of contact with the challenging Cruz and-

.... completely failed to protect any body....

gore range

« Reply #61 on: April 14, 2018, 10:52:38 AM »
....its Bush's Trump's fault :D ....

Lifetime

• Honk if you've not seen a gun fired from a Harley
« Reply #62 on: April 14, 2018, 12:15:48 PM »
Gore.... my part in Florida..... My Step Daughter is the head of Nursing in Broward County Schools and her daughter is a senior at Stoneman Douglas. I can't wait until she is out of there and in College. She says it is a Media Circus.... only for stories, not the kids. She lost 3 personal friends in this mess. Cruz was KNOWN to be unstable by LOE and still no actions...

And... unlike her classmate Hogg, she doesn't look at herself as a survivor as she was not in the AO of the firepower....luckily.

....its Bush's Trump's fault :D ....

clp_lives

« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2018, 12:24:36 PM »
The determination Under Obama was an "and", not "or" so they needed both criteria, so yes if a veteran also could not manage their own benefits and needed a third party to do so then they should fall into that category as well, no exceptions.  I am not aiming at any particular group individually.

and b) they were unable to manage their own benefits, thus needing the help of a third party to do so.

We have incidents like this an adult shooting at a 14 year old kid in broad daylight asking for directions just because he is black and that is a problem in our society. 

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/local-news/black-teen-misses-bus-gets-shot-at-after-asking-for-directions-in-rochester-hills

Hmmm which one of these were able to be slapped on the Vegas shooter or even Cruz in Florida... or even Maj. Nadal Hasan in Ft. Hood??

I know more than a few Vietvets, as well as many from the Sand Box Wars who are total disabled ( can't work) with PTSD, yet are able to handle their finances and lives on their own with treatments they receive... so are you aiming at ...Veterans? Be very careful when you fire a shotgun...collateral damage will occur when you don't want it.

Well in the case of retrictions on gun purchases for the mentally ill it is really the laws WERE there, until the current administration just got rid of it.
In the case of this restriction the definition of mental illness was clear:

While the list of eligible mental disorders is long -- ranging from anxiety to eating disorders to schizophrenia -- those who would have been reported by the agency had to meet two main criteria: a) They were receiving full disability benefits because of a mental illness and couldn't work and b) they were unable to manage their own benefits, thus needing the help of a third party to do so.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/15/politics/trump-gun-legislation-mental-health/index.html

To me those that meet these 2 criteria should not be allowed to purchase guns as they apparently are so incapacitated they cannot work and must live off full disability.

My point could be that the LAWS are there...

Hmmm and numbers are the qualifier to having an impact on the Government as laws??

Less than 4% of US population listed as LGBT... Yet they sway Lawmakers

Little over half of the registered Voters...even vote... ( and not just for D or R) Yet they sway Lawmakers

The ACLU and the like ...represent very small % of orgs...such as those suing municipalities and schools over religious displays, but... they sway Lawmakers..

If you are talking 2% of the total population... is one number or 2% of adults legal to own fire arms??? Not sure the number but... 2% of the ENTIRE population... including infants, deaf, blind, mentally challenged...can mean a plethora of numbers. 2% of the ENTIRE USA Population is approx..... 6,400,000. I would say, that is a substantial amount...as long as they stay engaged...

So.... maybe we need to clarify "numbers" and not obfuscate with percentages.... If I ran a footrace and came in second... that would be better if there were 1000 participants and not.... TWO. Numbers need clarified.

Clearly the US has a problem looking at these numbers.....

https://www.yahoo.com/news/thank-shooting-will-nra-go-way-tobacco-lobby-090001394.html

The NRA membership is about 2% of the US population and it seems recent court rulings, bank decisions on funding, and company sales decisions are showing they are not as powerful as they once have been.  2% really does not have an impact if you boycott vs. 98%.

Lifetime

• Honk if you've not seen a gun fired from a Harley
« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2018, 04:00:49 PM »
AGAIN....WHO makes that determination and what will be the abilities and parameters of redress? My own wife thinks I am nutz at times but i don't want HER to determine my abilities to handle things... WHO and WHAT???

The determination Under Obama was an "and", not "or" so they needed both criteria, so yes if a veteran also could not manage their own benefits and needed a third party to do so then they should fall into that category as well, no exceptions.  I am not aiming at any particular group individually.

and b) they were unable to manage their own benefits, thus needing the help of a third party to do so.

We have incidents like this an adult shooting at a 14 year old kid in broad daylight asking for directions just because he is black and that is a problem in our society. 

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/local-news/black-teen-misses-bus-gets-shot-at-after-asking-for-directions-in-rochester-hills

Hmmm which one of these were able to be slapped on the Vegas shooter or even Cruz in Florida... or even Maj. Nadal Hasan in Ft. Hood??

I know more than a few Vietvets, as well as many from the Sand Box Wars who are total disabled ( can't work) with PTSD, yet are able to handle their finances and lives on their own with treatments they receive... so are you aiming at ...Veterans? Be very careful when you fire a shotgun...collateral damage will occur when you don't want it.

Well in the case of retrictions on gun purchases for the mentally ill it is really the laws WERE there, until the current administration just got rid of it.
In the case of this restriction the definition of mental illness was clear:

While the list of eligible mental disorders is long -- ranging from anxiety to eating disorders to schizophrenia -- those who would have been reported by the agency had to meet two main criteria: a) They were receiving full disability benefits because of a mental illness and couldn't work and b) they were unable to manage their own benefits, thus needing the help of a third party to do so.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/15/politics/trump-gun-legislation-mental-health/index.html

To me those that meet these 2 criteria should not be allowed to purchase guns as they apparently are so incapacitated they cannot work and must live off full disability.

My point could be that the LAWS are there...

Hmmm and numbers are the qualifier to having an impact on the Government as laws??

Less than 4% of US population listed as LGBT... Yet they sway Lawmakers

Little over half of the registered Voters...even vote... ( and not just for D or R) Yet they sway Lawmakers

The ACLU and the like ...represent very small % of orgs...such as those suing municipalities and schools over religious displays, but... they sway Lawmakers..

If you are talking 2% of the total population... is one number or 2% of adults legal to own fire arms??? Not sure the number but... 2% of the ENTIRE population... including infants, deaf, blind, mentally challenged...can mean a plethora of numbers. 2% of the ENTIRE USA Population is approx..... 6,400,000. I would say, that is a substantial amount...as long as they stay engaged...

So.... maybe we need to clarify "numbers" and not obfuscate with percentages.... If I ran a footrace and came in second... that would be better if there were 1000 participants and not.... TWO. Numbers need clarified.

Clearly the US has a problem looking at these numbers.....

https://www.yahoo.com/news/thank-shooting-will-nra-go-way-tobacco-lobby-090001394.html

The NRA membership is about 2% of the US population and it seems recent court rulings, bank decisions on funding, and company sales decisions are showing they are not as powerful as they once have been.  2% really does not have an impact if you boycott vs. 98%.

gore range

« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2018, 09:21:37 AM »

gore range

« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2018, 09:21:56 AM »

gore range

« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2018, 09:26:18 AM »
...” and that is a problem in our society”...

....into the rabbit hole....

gore range

« Reply #68 on: April 18, 2018, 08:53:57 AM »

....fallout of effective boycotting- ..

clp_lives

gore range

« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2018, 09:01:45 PM »
Lawsuits are having an effect and fund managers are pulling money from their stocks.

....good to know, dear....

"...In interviews on Monday, some independent gun dealers said they were unsurprised by the bankruptcy filing. Although Remington's rifles and shotguns are well regarded, the dealers said the company focused its attention on big-box stores, and then those retailers started pulling out of the market

"...Remington bet on the wrong horse," said Justin Anderson, the marketing director for Hyatt Guns in Charlotte, which advertises itself as the nation's single-largest gun store. "They turned their backs on shops like ours."

There are no federal statistics on nationwide gun sales that might show industry slumps affecting Remington and other firearms makers.

However, statistics from the FBI show that the total of all types of background checks fell nearly 8.4%, to roughly 25.2 million, in 2017, the year of President Trump's inauguration.

Firearms background checks increased steadily during much of President Obama's two-term White House tenure, as well as during President George W. Bush's second White House term, the data show.

A caveat with the data states that "a one-to-one correlation cannot be made between a firearm background check and a firearm sale."

Separately, U.S. firearms manufacturing increased 43%, to more than 9.3 million weapons, from 2011 through 2015, according to data issued by the U.S. Department of Justice's Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

In all, 3.6 million rifles and 3.5 million handguns were manufactured in the U.S. in 2015 the data showed. Rifle manufacturing was up 9% from 2014, while the number of pistols manufactured was down roughly 2% during the same one-year period, the data showed.

Owners of some gun shops saw a rush of firearms purchase in the months leading up to the 2016 presidential election, when polls predicted that Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton would likely win the White House. ...

gore range

« Reply #72 on: April 19, 2018, 07:50:12 PM »
....run with it, hon ;) .

Run hard, run long.  I'm comfortable with it :D

gore range

« Reply #73 on: April 20, 2018, 10:29:23 AM »

Amidala

« Reply #74 on: April 21, 2018, 09:54:53 PM »
I am offering this link only as a historical reference with regard to the early Christian church's view of violence, and that view in the modern context with regard to guns. How the Orthodox Church interprets it. For those who don't know, Orthodoxy can trace its roots directly back to the time of Christ.

Now, if you don't know Christ as your Lord, this article means nothing more than a historical tidbit. If you consider yourself a Christian, pondering how we, as Believers, got from this viewpoint,  to the modern American evangelical church where concealed carry is worshipped is worth pondering. ( Church history is largely ignored by modern independent churches. Church history is seen as a threat, I believe, but I've never really understood why.) So. FWIW

http://myocn.net/christians-guns-2/
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10   Go Up

A random picture
Sorry, you need to be logged in to view the gallery
Portal Management Extension PortaMx™ v0.957 | PortaMx © 2008-2009 by PortaMx corp.