by Janetplanet
[November 23, 2017, 09:40:42 PM]
Dead Air
by Amidala
[November 15, 2017, 12:34:55 PM]
Happy Birthday lifefeedsonlife
by The Wraith
[November 13, 2017, 05:54:16 PM]
Happy Birthday to any Jarheads out there!!!!!
by NightmarePatrol
[November 10, 2017, 11:18:31 PM]
The Trump Administration
by gore range
[November 02, 2017, 09:59:04 AM]
Harvey
by NightmarePatrol
[October 02, 2017, 05:26:19 PM]

Author Topic: * CLP REPORT *  (Read 1742808 times)

gore range

• Self Important Starfish
Re: * CLP REPORT *
« Reply #11085 on: September 04, 2017, 07:32:59 AM »
Who would have thought.  Over two weeks ago then 2 hours prior, you think they would advertise a bit more considering FB is free........

….I would have thought when the park states on their ‘free-advertising’ FB page “Labor Day Weekend is here and we’ve got tons going on at the park to celebrate--all weekend long!!! Join us for our best weekend yet! We hope to see you there!!”….. –

….that when those  Mark Turner-stated ‘90% of customers  from out of town’  made the effort to travel to the park this weekend during business hours on the park’s best weekend yet-

....that those patrons would have found the park food stands open for business and selling food ……all holiday weekend long, much less the locals who went looking for one last ‘park treat’ of the season and came up empty handed.

IC2ITUC

• Won't Go Away
« Reply #11086 on: September 05, 2017, 11:06:04 PM »
Just saw on todays Online Meadville Tribune, that Wanda's husband passed away.  Their son is running the Campground.  God Bless them both as they reunite on the other side of the veil.
"There are few bargains in parachutes or healthcare"!  "The Mind is like a parachute, it functions best when open"!

The Wraith

• Won't Go Away
  • Error never lies with facts but how they are used.
« Reply #11087 on: September 16, 2017, 12:31:22 PM »
Since it has been rather quiet, I figured I would post some updates:

Work continues on the old McClure House. There is now a complete cinder block foundation underneath. It appears that the complete interior is now gutted:

Work has continued on relocating Lake Front Street to accommodate the newly redrawn lake front lots. You can make your own comments based on the photos:

There is also a team working to remove some of the trees along one of the former "Flynn Lots".:

The main entrance sign lit up in all her glory:

An old pedestrian control device attached to the pole near the main entrance - from days gone by:

The murals located inside the Hotel Conneaut. These are located in the stair wells between the different floors:

Enjoy!

“Is there any point in public debate in a society where hardly anyone has been taught how to think, while millions have been taught what to think?” ― Peter Hitchens

Amidala

« Reply #11088 on: September 17, 2017, 09:08:37 PM »
This warm, summer-like evening, a friend suggested that our group have dinner at Hotel Conneaut, only for the six of us to discover that the restaurant was closed. We ended up on the patio at Silver Shores. It was lovely and the food was delish.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 10:04:59 AM by Amidala »

gore range

« Reply #11089 on: September 18, 2017, 09:56:55 AM »
The downstairs hotel dining room ‘restaurant’ is only open for the hotel complimentary breakfast.

Non-breakfast hotel food service is provided in the Spirit Lounge located just off the hotel lobby.

Amidala

« Reply #11090 on: September 18, 2017, 10:08:23 AM »
The downstairs hotel dining room ‘restaurant’ is only open for the hotel complimentary breakfast.

Non-breakfast hotel food service is provided in the Spirit Lounge located just off the hotel lobby.

Nothing was open at the Hotel. Sharky's or whatever the Tiki Bar has become was BLARING music and there were maybe a dozen or so people hanging around, on the beach, etc.

gore range

« Reply #11091 on: September 18, 2017, 10:53:05 AM »
...Nothing was open at the Hotel...

....not exactly even remotely the first time the local populace has been duped and screwed over by the park....

Even Turner is on public record estimating over 90% of park customers are from out of town. Imagine that.

The Wraith

• Won't Go Away
« Reply #11092 on: September 18, 2017, 11:31:28 AM »
Sorry to hear about her majesty's pilgrimage to the park being a washout, but Elizabeth's (or whatever the old regime was calling it) restaurant has not been open for at least a year or more. The GORE is correct with his other information about the spirit lounge, but I am sure that menu would not have sufficed for a party of six that was only looking for a nice dinner. At that point you were probably better off going to one of the satellite eateries located nearby instead of staying for "bar" type food. I have heard that Frank is trying to get all the revenue areas of the hotel up and running, but that may not be till next season because of the Ghost Lake contract.

Also, if Sharkeys was open then the Spirit Lounge was open as well. Sharkeys does not usually open without the Spirit Lounge open, unless of course someone possibly rented it out for an event. That would mean that the hotel was probably open too. Keep in mind that many of the park locations have been turned over to Ghost Lake as they prepare for that event. Ghost lake does utilize the 3rd floor of the hotel. When I have rolled through there recently during the day, the hotel has always been open. Sunday evenings typically are slow at the hotel because most people are leaving for home, and most of the seasonal owners have already packed up or are waiting for the pumpkin fest. It IS "off season" now. Of course, one in Co. is free to draw his own conclusions...... LOL

I have ended up at the Silver Shores many a time as well............ well worth it. Though the new ownership took out my beloved "Captain".

“Is there any point in public debate in a society where hardly anyone has been taught how to think, while millions have been taught what to think?” ― Peter Hitchens

Amidala

« Reply #11093 on: September 18, 2017, 06:33:39 PM »
Well...there was loud music on the beach, an unidentified older lady in very casual clothing ( shorts ) sitting on the porch of the hotel, laughing at us. The friend who had suggested we go there, had been at the Hotel two weeks earlier and had dinner & a beer, on the porch, and enjoyed
 it.  So who knows? I was just chuckling to myself.

The Wraith

• Won't Go Away
« Reply #11094 on: September 18, 2017, 09:54:47 PM »
Hmmmm, that sounds like it was possibly the same server that walked past us for 30 minutes without ever coming over to ask for our order or a beverage. This was after I asked her if it was ok to eat outside on the veranda with an adult beverage or two. I was waiting for a few others to get over there and she never even came over after they arrived. I ended up just going inside the spirit lounge and ordering from the kind female bartender who was happy to take care of us, out on the porch. The food was not that bad, but it does not have the variety that the Shores has.

clp_lives

• Won't Go Away
« Reply #11095 on: September 19, 2017, 09:35:25 PM »
Seems the Hotel is not doing as good as everyone first claimed.....  A restaurant that has not been open in months, questionable wait staff and advertised hours that are not true.  But hey just ask Turner, it has been the best year in the last couple decades.

Amidala

« Reply #11096 on: September 20, 2017, 12:03:13 PM »
I thought MT retired and a new guy was running the EPACC???

gore range

« Reply #11097 on: September 20, 2017, 01:39:46 PM »
....nope, not yet.

gore range

« Reply #11098 on: September 22, 2017, 08:02:21 PM »

Squirrels In Hats

• Definately Not Leaving
« Reply #11099 on: September 23, 2017, 04:49:19 PM »
No wonder the park and the area is dying! I went to the Crawford county convention and visitors bureau page and when you click for more information to the pumpkinfest website, the page is gone!! On Facebook, the Conneaut business association page is dead and so is the pumpkinfest page - last updated 5 years ago?!?! 
Also when you click the link to the pumpkinfest website, the pages is dead there also!  How the hell are people supposed to plan ahead??? 
What a mickey mouse show!!   Truly idiotic
"The idea is that there is a kind of memory in nature. Each kind of thing has a collective memory. So, take a squirrel living in New York now. That squirrel is being influenced by all past squirrels."  -Rupert Sheldrake

A random picture
Sorry, you need to be logged in to view the gallery
Portal Management Extension PortaMx™ v0.957 | PortaMx © 2008-2009 by PortaMx corp.