by Janetplanet
[November 23, 2017, 09:40:42 PM]
Dead Air
by Amidala
[November 15, 2017, 12:34:55 PM]
Happy Birthday lifefeedsonlife
by The Wraith
[November 13, 2017, 05:54:16 PM]
Happy Birthday to any Jarheads out there!!!!!
by NightmarePatrol
[November 10, 2017, 11:18:31 PM]
The Trump Administration
by gore range
[November 02, 2017, 09:59:04 AM]
Harvey
by NightmarePatrol
[October 02, 2017, 05:26:19 PM]
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 24   Go Down

Author Topic: The Trump Administration  (Read 18527 times)

NightmarePatrol

• Self Important Starfish
The Trump Administration
« on: January 30, 2017, 07:00:24 PM »
Okay, I'll open it up for discussion. I'm sure it'll be polarized.

Anybody?

lifefeedsonlife

Re: The Trump Administration
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 07:16:08 AM »
I think it's interesting how everyone wants to define 'us' - who 'we' are and what the country is about. You know, what do people think about when they see Old Glory? Quite frankly - I find it futile. The only thing I really have the wherewithal to do is define me - and the government I'm living with is no true reflection of that. Never has been . . . never will be.   
For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. - Carl Sagan

NightmarePatrol

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 07:50:12 AM »
Americans, like any other nationality, religion, sect, fraternal organization or bridge club gets summarily classified, pigeon-holed and painted with a broad brush. It's easy and it doesn't take a lot of effort despite having rather inaccurate results. I see lots of slanderous generalizations on social media about how stupid the republicans or democrats are. Right now we're polarized to the point of some major squabbles that might have the possibility of escalating into something really bad.

There seems to be a general lack of respect for those that have a different point of view these days. The many different points of view is a large part of what actually defines us a a country. However, when one group wholesales another's value system almost by default because it doesn't line up with theirs, we are going to have issues.

Amidala

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 08:41:26 AM »
Back in the dark ages of the 60s, we were clearly taught in school about the idea of the US being a "melting pot" of all races, religions, cultures, but we all worked to get along and live together. That has apparently disappeared, and it distresses me when I see those in my age group (Boomers) walking away from that value, as some have. 

Of course, the longer I live, I realize that people are fundamentally selfish and we are seeing a very public expression of this right now.  This is a "what goes around, comes around" type of thing, I believe and it is an expression of the generational archtypes, which you can read about here:

http://www.lifecourse.com/about/method/generational-archetypes.html  (Lifefeedsonlife you might know about this..)   

At any rater, we are in for challenging times. I just hope we don't regress too far from being a free society .

Lifetime

• Honk if you've not seen a gun fired from a Harley
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2017, 08:53:11 AM »
So we "define" each other... Hell I was informed I live in an "Alternate Reality" because of my views on life during the time I have been on earth. I guess I was accused of that because I didn't observe life out of other people's eyes.... No, I didn't do a "Black Like Me" experiment, nor did I try to dress like another gender. I lived my life and observed... my life. Yes... it made me more conservative so... now that makes me "wrong"?

Trump may be course in his approaches... Does that make him a resident of an "Alternate Reality" because of that? Or is it that NO ONE has ever been like him, in his present position, before. Does that make him totally wrong? I have only seen his methods ( that pertain to me and my life) for 2 weeks. We have 206 weeks to go. I will make my mind up in 50 more weeks.

In my alternate reality... I find people who scam our system bottom feeders, I find people who never sweat a day in their lives ( and are capable) and expect to be handed everything... in the same place I guess. Do I have compassion for those truly in need...yes I do. My Immigrant Father was a DEM all his life. He even liked Kennedy ( who by almost all standards would be considered Conservative today ). I do think, if he (my Father) were alive today, he would have voted for Trump. He may have even wanted to wait the next 50 weeks, along with me.

Trump wasn't taught the idiosyncrasies of politics but he seems a quick study. I remember when I couldn't dance for stepping on my partners toes... Since then I don't hear the yelp of pain anymore. I am not Astaire but I get by. This is a "new dance" for him and he approaches it to test the limits. He is a negotiator.... lets wait and watch.

A 2 week Administration is not one to gauge the entire trip on. Lets see what is brought up at his first "State Of The Union Address" next year. Then we can see if where he envisioned the trip to be, is the place where we find ourselves. Just my opinion from .... the Alternate Reality.

NightmarePatrol

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2017, 09:29:38 AM »
The nationalist movement in full swing here is also gearing up heavily in France and spreading. I don't know all the reasons why, but I'd say there's a finite amount of whatever it is that people want or have to give and they either want more of it or they don't want to lose any more than they already have.

I think we got off on a non-POTUS foot and kind of delved into the ideological. But in terms of Trump, he is on a rampage to fulfill his campaign promises it seems. This is a good and a bad thing as he doesn't seem to take into consideration the how "do we get there from here" portion of what he's signing in. Yes, he has a cabinet full of people that will delegate stuff to those that will get tasked on how to figure it all out.

I'm not sure he understands the challenges running a government presents compared to a business. (For the record, I don't either)

The H-1B bill I can get behind despite the fact it could have a drastic impact on my life. I just hope its for the better if it comes to fruition.

I wasn't a fan of Obama and I'm not a fan of Trump's either. All that being said, every POTUS is going to do stuff I don't like and stuff I do like. What I like and don't like is not going to be a shared sentiment by all.  We're in for a controversial ride at the very least and I'll be armchair quarterbacking on some of the issues.

Lifetime

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2017, 09:37:19 AM »
I went to that list you posted and found myself all over that map. I found this ( I am no real fan of Aljazeera )

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2017/01/times-banned-immigrants-170128183528941.html

There are many other instances where we limited immigrants from areas by numbers as well.

I am not so sure this..

"Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore, Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door."

means sneak in to our country by ANY means.

After 11 Sept 2001, the Statue of Liberty was closed for months and the statue remained off limits for several years. This very symbol had restrictions. Is it odd, that our country does as well?

The light is "by" the golden door but... to get through it seems to be the rules that need to be followed.

I know in the past we had QUOTAs as to how many from where. Vetting came to my Father on Ellis Island... Now... who knows how the system totally works? Times have changed. Are we really the "melting pot" ...all blended together or are we made up of "patches" each community/barrio...separate... different?

Back in the dark ages of the 60s, we were clearly taught in school about the idea of the US being a "melting pot" of all races, religions, cultures, but we all worked to get along and live together. That has apparently disappeared, and it distresses me when I see those in my age group (Boomers) walking away from that value, as some have. 

Of course, the longer I live, I realize that people are fundamentally selfish and we are seeing a very public expression of this right now.  This is a "what goes around, comes around" type of thing, I believe and it is an expression of the generational archtypes, which you can read about here:

http://www.lifecourse.com/about/method/generational-archetypes.html  (Lifefeedsonlife you might know about this..)   

At any rater, we are in for challenging times. I just hope we don't regress too far from being a free society .

gore range

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2017, 12:04:04 PM »

clp_lives

• Won't Go Away
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2017, 07:03:59 PM »
A ban on Muslim countries citing terrorism and 9/11 yet not one of the countries where the 9/11 hijackers were from were included including Saudi Arabia.  Oh that is right, those excluding seems also to be the ones that Trump has business ties to.  How long till we see impeachment proceedings for his conflicts of interest.

Janetplanet

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2017, 09:17:23 PM »
What would Mr. Rogers do and say?
handle every stressful situation like a dog.  pee on it and walk away.

Lifetime

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2017, 07:49:55 AM »
Something interesting I found along the way......

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2017/01/29/news-bulletin-the-list-of-muslim-nations-in-trumps-socalled-muslim-ban-are-ones-obama-choose-n2278021

A ban on Muslim countries citing terrorism and 9/11 yet not one of the countries where the 9/11 hijackers were from were included including Saudi Arabia.  Oh that is right, those excluding seems also to be the ones that Trump has business ties to.  How long till we see impeachment proceedings for his conflicts of interest.

clp_lives

• Won't Go Away
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2017, 08:30:12 AM »
This previous ruling is to prevent them using the Visa waiver program where they could previously enter without a Visa if visiting for less than 90 days.  Not the same as the restriction now but same affected countries it seems.
Something interesting I found along the way......

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2017/01/29/news-bulletin-the-list-of-muslim-nations-in-trumps-socalled-muslim-ban-are-ones-obama-choose-n2278021

Janetplanet

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2017, 10:15:23 AM »
Funny how the republicans want to throw this onto Obama.  They keep quoting that over and over - maybe if they say it often enough they will believe it applies.
handle every stressful situation like a dog.  pee on it and walk away.

gore range

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2017, 11:24:23 AM »
Like beauty, humor is in the eye of the beholder.

....sure enough.

Lifetime

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2017, 12:06:06 PM »
And now the dance will begin.... a one and a two and a one....

Nothing for the last EIGHT FRACKING years but.... no matter the problem,  IT IS BUSH's FAULT!!!!!

Please.... 8 years compared to.... how many weeks??? Put ice cream on my arse and give me a break..... ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

FACT.... and I will say it over and over......... the POTUS is...... D.J.Trump.... does that make it apply and is true to you? ???

Now show me where OBAMA didn't pick those paticular countries for scrutiny in a statement, if you will?? I admit, sometimes words can be taken OUT OF CONTEXT. The punishment comes after the Mouth is in motion before the Brain is engaged... Obama did his fair share and stutter stepped and "teeth whistled" to take back his words to "re-explain".  You never did that and it became a Memorable Moment? or is your real name "Mary, mother of Christ?

"Obama restricted visa waivers ( Part of the Visa Waiver Program Improvement and Terrorist Travel Prevention Act as part of an omnibus spending bill.) for Iran, Iraq, Syria, Sudan, Somalia, Libya and Yemen..." Saudi Arabia wasn't on his list either...

Yup..... reallllll funny.

Funny how the republicans want to throw this onto Obama.  They keep quoting that over and over - maybe if they say it often enough they will believe it applies.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 24   Go Up

A random picture
Sorry, you need to be logged in to view the gallery
Portal Management Extension PortaMx™ v0.957 | PortaMx © 2008-2009 by PortaMx corp.