by Janetplanet
[November 23, 2017, 09:40:42 PM]
Dead Air
by Amidala
[November 15, 2017, 12:34:55 PM]
Happy Birthday lifefeedsonlife
by The Wraith
[November 13, 2017, 05:54:16 PM]
Happy Birthday to any Jarheads out there!!!!!
by NightmarePatrol
[November 10, 2017, 11:18:31 PM]
The Trump Administration
by gore range
[November 02, 2017, 09:59:04 AM]
Harvey
by NightmarePatrol
[October 02, 2017, 05:26:19 PM]
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24   Go Down

Author Topic: The Trump Administration  (Read 19055 times)

Lifetime

• Self Important Starfish
  • Honk if you've not seen a gun fired from a Harley
Re: The Trump Administration
« Reply #270 on: March 25, 2017, 07:01:53 AM »

Again... you follow the path of lemmings when talking about those "6 years". There were many plans put together to change/repeal BUT..if you just said the rest of the story.... NO ONE on the DEM side would even allow any of them to even be brought up for discussion on the floor. Dem party heads just shut them down, being the Majority Party. I don't think this is over by a long shot...
And yes...AFTER the pipeline is finished..there may well be less than 50 people needed to maintain it BUT... there will be thousands needed to do the needed construction for years. Maybe you don't know or care much about CONSTRUCTION jobs but.... other than maintaining PA roads.... single jobs are not what you retire from. People working construction, work PROJECT lengths, not permanent PROJECTS. When done, they will have had up to 5 years towards their retirements and will hopefully have ANOTHER project to go to for even more time. In that 5 years... some will retire/pass and young workers will come up through the increased ranks and get some seniority under their belts.
I wonder how much you would smirk... if one of those, who were left to maintain the Pipeline, were one of your family members? Not so bad then...HUH?
Again... now 64 days in and you expected immediate things to happen? Even my parents didn't give me my first bicycle on my first "try". I am more than willing to wait... we have close to 4 years left. For 8 years, the Conservatives had been "guilded". It may take a while for many of them to find their Cajones again.
Complaining for the past 6 years, majority in the House and Senate, yes I would expect more if I was a supporter.  He said repeal on day one actually.  Of course according to Trump he was quoted as saying "nobody knew that health care could be so complicated" which gives me great confidence in his intellectual abilities as he was the first to realize this I am sure.  Jobs, yes he is claiming for his own decisions that started a year or more ago.  The Trump administration and their Russian ties, it is going to be  one bumpy ride.  You should have said he is taking care of those that "make" millions instead.  Oh yes and that pipeline, once in operation 35 full time positions are needed which will be build by a Canadian company.  It is the weekend and Trump called off the vote, he had to catch a plane and go play a couple rounds of golf.  The blame game already started, he says somehow it was the Democrats fault for the Republicans inability to vote.  I would say I heard it all, but I know there will only be more.  Strike 3, next batter up! Or fore!

Now moving forward they need 60 Senate votes and control only 52 seats since they first were trying to roll this health care vote into a budget reconcilliation bill not subject to a filibuster in the Senate.  Moving forward it will not get any easier to get 60 votes controlling only 52 and TrumpCare is likely done for 2 years.  Good luck getting agreement on the next agenda - tax reform.

Now it will be up to Trump to save ObamaCare in the interim, LOL.

At least he is trying to take care of those Millions who foot the bill for the rest.... 64 days in and you expect...what? ??? Only God could do anything in 6 plus a day of rest. It ain't over ...Just the warm up... Looks like jobs are being created/maintained/brought back and the pipeline is going to be law on Monday. The Canadians are already doing their construction on it. Next will also be the taxation issue...ya gonna say no to that if it goes through??? Life goes on...

And...do we really want the Canadian style health system? Most Canadians are too young to remember it being any other way. Seems they have LOST half their Hospitals and wait times are much worse than ours... not to mention..those Canadians who positively need immediate care... guess where they go.... ??? ? The good old USA... and they are willing to pay. Some of them are more patient than others...but they might be called deceased. :o

gore range

« Reply #271 on: March 25, 2017, 09:58:54 AM »

....we have close to 4 years left. ...

....591 days, and 1,319 days....

....it just can not possibly get any sillier ....

Amidala

« Reply #272 on: March 25, 2017, 12:07:06 PM »
Interestingly, Canada does rank slightly higher than the US in life expectancy....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_life_expectancy

Jayhawk

• Won't Go Away
« Reply #273 on: March 25, 2017, 12:34:50 PM »

Again... you follow the path of lemmings when talking about those "6 years". There were many plans put together to change/repeal BUT..if you just said the rest of the story.... NO ONE on the DEM side would even allow any of them to even be brought up for discussion on the floor. Dem party heads just shut them down, being the Majority Party.

Well, if there were so many plans -- so many good plans -- why is the POS that failed this week the only replacement plan presented?

Again... now 64 days in and you expected immediate things to happen?
I do only because those involved clearly promised that these changes would be both amazing and immediate. They set that expectation themselves.

I suppose this gets us back to words not mattering, that just because someone promises something you can't expect to believe that they mean it. Politics as usual.

gore range

« Reply #274 on: March 25, 2017, 12:45:21 PM »
Interestingly,

....there are 3.2 million  Canadians classified as living in poverty. 9% of the population.

45 million in the US, or 14.5 % , are classified as living in poverty.

Canadian average per heath care cost- $5,292.

US average per person health care cost- $9,403.

clp_lives

• Won't Go Away
« Reply #275 on: March 25, 2017, 02:05:21 PM »
Less than 50 jobs long term vs. the risk of a leak on questionable economics for very expensive Canadian crude, no thanks.  It will be like the Alaskan pipeline, lots of capacity due to lack of reasonably priced crude to extract.

Day 1 nothing, day 61 still nothing.  Obamacare repeal is expected now to be 2 plus years away at the earliest.  Wait till tax reform hits the wall as they now need democratic support as well.  His supporters have been suckered.

Again... you follow the path of lemmings when talking about those "6 years". There were many plans put together to change/repeal BUT..if you just said the rest of the story.... NO ONE on the DEM side would even allow any of them to even be brought up for discussion on the floor. Dem party heads just shut them down, being the Majority Party. I don't think this is over by a long shot...
And yes...AFTER the pipeline is finished..there may well be less than 50 people needed to maintain it BUT... there will be thousands needed to do the needed construction for years. Maybe you don't know or care much about CONSTRUCTION jobs but.... other than maintaining PA roads.... single jobs are not what you retire from. People working construction, work PROJECT lengths, not permanent PROJECTS. When done, they will have had up to 5 years towards their retirements and will hopefully have ANOTHER project to go to for even more time. In that 5 years... some will retire/pass and young workers will come up through the increased ranks and get some seniority under their belts.
I wonder how much you would smirk... if one of those, who were left to maintain the Pipeline, were one of your family members? Not so bad then...HUH?
Again... now 64 days in and you expected immediate things to happen? Even my parents didn't give me my first bicycle on my first "try". I am more than willing to wait... we have close to 4 years left. For 8 years, the Conservatives had been "guilded". It may take a while for many of them to find their Cajones again.
Complaining for the past 6 years, majority in the House and Senate, yes I would expect more if I was a supporter.  He said repeal on day one actually.  Of course according to Trump he was quoted as saying "nobody knew that health care could be so complicated" which gives me great confidence in his intellectual abilities as he was the first to realize this I am sure.  Jobs, yes he is claiming for his own decisions that started a year or more ago.  The Trump administration and their Russian ties, it is going to be  one bumpy ride.  You should have said he is taking care of those that "make" millions instead.  Oh yes and that pipeline, once in operation 35 full time positions are needed which will be build by a Canadian company.  It is the weekend and Trump called off the vote, he had to catch a plane and go play a couple rounds of golf.  The blame game already started, he says somehow it was the Democrats fault for the Republicans inability to vote.  I would say I heard it all, but I know there will only be more.  Strike 3, next batter up! Or fore!

Now moving forward they need 60 Senate votes and control only 52 seats since they first were trying to roll this health care vote into a budget reconcilliation bill not subject to a filibuster in the Senate.  Moving forward it will not get any easier to get 60 votes controlling only 52 and TrumpCare is likely done for 2 years.  Good luck getting agreement on the next agenda - tax reform.

At least he is trying to take care of those Millions who foot the bill for the rest.... 64 days in and you expect...what? ??? Only God could do anything in 6 plus a day of rest. It ain't over ...Just the warm up... Looks like jobs are being created/maintained/brought back and the pipeline is going to be law on Monday. The Canadians are already doing their construction on it. Next will also be the taxation issue...ya gonna say no to that if it goes through??? Life goes on...

And...do we really want the Canadian style health system? Most Canadians are too young to remember it being any other way. Seems they have LOST half their Hospitals and wait times are much worse than ours... not to mention..those Canadians who positively need immediate care... guess where they go.... ??? ? The good old USA... and they are willing to pay. Some of them are more patient than others...but they might be called deceased. :o

Lifetime

« Reply #276 on: March 25, 2017, 02:22:58 PM »
Where do you get your "PHACTS"? That oil was more dangerous being transported by truck and rail than by any PIPE. If anything... the protester have been trying to sabotage the pipe so... WHO poses the risk???

I will trust a pipe over rails and highway any day to deliver commodities like this.

Less than 50 jobs long term vs. the risk of a leak on questionable economics for very expensive Canadian crude, no thanks.  It will be like the Alaskan pipeline, lots of capacity due to lack of reasonably priced crude to extract.

Day 1 nothing, day 61 still nothing.  Obamacare repeal is expected now to be 2 plus years away at the earliest.  Wait till tax reform hits the wall as they now need democratic support as well.  His supporters have been suckered.

Jayhawk

• Won't Go Away
« Reply #277 on: March 26, 2017, 03:22:11 AM »
I will trust a pipe over rails and highway any day to deliver commodities like this.

both have their benefits, and flaws. Pipelines leach goo that consumes neighborhoods or just incinerate neighborhoods. But do to crashed railcars.

The significance of this pipeline is that it does zero to help U.S. energy, despite any such implications. The damn thing is just a pass-through to the gulf, bound for other countries.

Lifetime

« Reply #278 on: March 26, 2017, 10:13:49 AM »
And where do you think the Alaskan Crude goes??? A lot goes to Japan. Our country has run on SWEET crude for over a century... Our factories stayed in it but when we rebuilt Germany and Japan...we set them up to use the oil WE didn't use so we could keep the sweet. Alaskan oil is mostly sold to other countries. Crud Crude is still not our cup of tea. We try to keep the natural gas from Fracking and sell the sand oil and less to others. It helps keep them out of the Sweet Crude market.... even if it is just a "pass through". One of the Defense Strategies the USA had put in place... to buy oil (when it was cheap) from other countries and keep our reserves standing...just in case. Now we find those "Peak Oil" buttholes were so very wrong. Hmmm like those "Global Cooling" scientists of the 70's. Wait!!!! Let me wet my finger again  ;) .

Again... I would be willing to bet that the "GOO" you talk about is not so prevalent today and it seems that the "tree huggers" make an over effort to puncture or open those pipes to cry foul on the use of pipelines to move oil, LNG, gasoline and anything they don't like. I trust pipes to bring Natural Gas and water into my home... very few issues if any, unless some dipstick digs and punctures them or they are so old they should have been dug up and replaced years ago. As a matter of fact... the Main water lines on my street and others is now being replaced. The gas lines were replaced 5 years ago just to upgrade. There is no where near the scrutiny that is afforded the big pipelines... Even here in PA they have people who's job it is to walk/ride the many miles of pipeline to check for damage and leaks... Even from a stray bullet from a hunter...

Guess we have to agree to disagree...

both have their benefits, and flaws. Pipelines leach goo that consumes neighborhoods or just incinerate neighborhoods. But do to crashed railcars.

The significance of this pipeline is that it does zero to help U.S. energy, despite any such implications. The damn thing is just a pass-through to the gulf, bound for other countries.

gore range

« Reply #279 on: March 26, 2017, 11:08:53 AM »
  :

clp_lives

• Won't Go Away
« Reply #280 on: March 26, 2017, 09:12:25 PM »
How about let's keep that expensive Canadian crude in the ground instead of crossing the US and shipping it out of Houston to foreign lands at no benefit to us.

Where do you get your "PHACTS"? That oil was more dangerous being transported by truck and rail than by any PIPE. If anything... the protester have been trying to sabotage the pipe so... WHO poses the risk???

« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 10:32:54 PM by clp_lives »

Jayhawk

• Won't Go Away
« Reply #281 on: March 27, 2017, 02:32:06 AM »
How about let's keep that expensive Canadian crude in the ground instead of crossing the US and shipping it out of Houston to foreign lands at no benefit to us.
the best analogy i read once was that it's like the landlord expects you, without any benefit or compensation, to put up with wires from one neighbor to the other passing through your apartment's living room, all the while with the understanding that it may at any point short out and catch fire, incinerating your apartment.

gore range

« Reply #282 on: March 27, 2017, 02:58:20 AM »
Re:

.....the bunkum hyperbole speaks volumes.

[/]

Lifetime

« Reply #283 on: March 27, 2017, 08:38:54 AM »
This is what you want???

http://hotair.com/archives/2017/03/22/dakota-access-pipeline-sabotaged-in-two-states/

or some of this???

http://www.kztv10.com/story/34970447/dakota-access-pipeline-vandalism-highlights-sabotage-risks

"Some of the worst incidents in the U.S. were on the Trans Alaska Pipeline. Vandals blew up a section in 1978, spilling about 16,000 barrels of oil near Fairbanks. In 2001, a drunken man fired a hunting rifle into the pipeline near Livengood, causing more than 6,000 barrels to spray out.   

Some of the most notable incidents in Canada happened in the 1990s and 2000s in Alberta and British Columbia. A series of bombings in 2008-09 targeted pipelines in British Columbia. Weibo Ludwig, an Alberta man who crusaded against the extraction of "sour gas" containing high amounts of hydrogen sulfide, was convicted in several of the 1990s acts of vandalism. He was arrested but never charged in the later attacks."   

clp_lives

• Won't Go Away
« Reply #284 on: March 27, 2017, 10:21:30 AM »
Another round of golf this weekend, his 13th I believe so far.  All the while he complained during the campaign of Obama's few times he golfed over the years.  Trump said he is making deals during his outings, the biggest deal of his new administration just went down in flames with many insiders saying Trump never took the time to actually understand the health care bill or have the ability to answer questions on it.

Sounds like a con man to me.
Optimism in the markets has been high with this new administration but can it last?  If the Dow closes lower today that will be 8 straight days, something that has not happened since 2011.  Wonder how optimistic people will remain if the market continues it' slide back to reality and we have an administration that can't seem to get things done despite having the majority.  Time will tell.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24   Go Up

A random picture
Sorry, you need to be logged in to view the gallery
Portal Management Extension PortaMx™ v0.957 | PortaMx © 2008-2009 by PortaMx corp.