by Janetplanet
[November 23, 2017, 09:40:42 PM]
Dead Air
by Amidala
[November 15, 2017, 12:34:55 PM]
Happy Birthday lifefeedsonlife
by The Wraith
[November 13, 2017, 05:54:16 PM]
Happy Birthday to any Jarheads out there!!!!!
by NightmarePatrol
[November 10, 2017, 11:18:31 PM]
The Trump Administration
by gore range
[November 02, 2017, 09:59:04 AM]
Harvey
by NightmarePatrol
[October 02, 2017, 05:26:19 PM]
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Trump Administration  (Read 19053 times)

Lifetime

• Self Important Starfish
  • Honk if you've not seen a gun fired from a Harley
Re: The Trump Administration
« Reply #345 on: June 22, 2017, 11:22:24 AM »
'Splain me dis Batman.... Why is it that in the demographic area I reside in.... almost EVERYONE who is on public assistance or a hand out program, shows up to vote DEM in most elections but especially the presidential?? Does that mean those who are in this category are...in your words..." College and post college educated as well as younger moving toward Democrats..." and THEY are the ones who demand the HANDOUTS?

And one thing I remember from my "60s" days...other than being drafted and working for a living, was the old saying..."ASS...GRASS...or GAS...nobody rides for free." Those OLD WHITE GUYS have went to college and/or OWN one...or they built corporations that employ those willing to WORK. I agree...not all are perfect but... without them... we may be in worse shape than we are now. Math teaches you that 20 workers do not, in themselves, make enough to take care of 200,000 dependents. (Just a word/number example but...)  Our population is about 320 million. As of 2012 (God knows what it is NOW) 109,631,000 were on welfare. The whole story is eye opening comparing those receiving funds here to the total population of...RUSSIA?

http://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/terence-p-jeffrey/354-percent-109631000-welfare

My question would be, how many of those you deem Dems, are destined to be on welfare as well?

"I want my Student Loans paid for by the Government." or..."I want "FREE" College."  ::)

clp_lives

• Won't Go Away
« Reply #346 on: June 22, 2017, 02:37:28 PM »
51% those quoted in your numbers on welfare are children who cannot work and if only one in the household receives benefits everyone in the house is considered to fall in the welfare category.  This list also includes 5% senior citizens over 65 and 28% of those on medicaid between the ages of 28 to 64 on this list actually work full time.  Stating this big number though brings fear in those that want to have fear and do not want to look into it any further. 

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2015/jan/28/terry-jeffrey/are-there-more-welfare-recipients-us-full-time-wor/
College education expands one's horizons and brings more tolerance in my opinion as they more often work side by side with people outside their demographic vs. never leaving one's rural homestead and only hanging out with like minded individuals.  In many cases a college education forces many to move toward bigger cities and towns that have the job oppotunities they were trained for.  Often left behind in these rural areas are those that do not have this education.   And these larger cities and metropolitan areas vote more for Democrats than Republicans. Certainly it is not 100% but that is the trend.
And another perspective on welfare vs. party line:
https://trofire.com/2016/01/12/welfare-hypocrisy-red-states-are-the-real-freeloaders/

From what I have seen from Trump he believes in welfare as well, welfare for the rich...........

'Splain me dis Batman.... Why is it that in the demographic area I reside in.... almost EVERYONE who is on public assistance or a hand out program, shows up to vote DEM in most elections but especially the presidential?? Does that mean those who are in this category are...in your words..." College and post college educated as well as younger moving toward Democrats..." and THEY are the ones who demand the HANDOUTS?

And one thing I remember from my "60s" days...other than being drafted and working for a living, was the old saying..."ASS...GRASS...or GAS...nobody rides for free." Those OLD WHITE GUYS have went to college and/or OWN one...or they built corporations that employ those willing to WORK. I agree...not all are perfect but... without them... we may be in worse shape than we are now. Math teaches you that 20 workers do not, in themselves, make enough to take care of 200,000 dependents. (Just a word/number example but...)  Our population is about 320 million. As of 2012 (God knows what it is NOW) 109,631,000 were on welfare. The whole story is eye opening comparing those receiving funds here to the total population of...RUSSIA?

http://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/terence-p-jeffrey/354-percent-109631000-welfare

My question would be, how many of those you deem Dems, are destined to be on welfare as well?

"I want my Student Loans paid for by the Government." or..."I want "FREE" College."  ::)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 02:53:47 PM by clp_lives »

Lifetime

« Reply #347 on: June 22, 2017, 07:22:47 PM »
and 51% of the other side....ISN"T CHILDREN WHO CAN"T work??? and THEY DON'T HAVE ..... SENIOR CITIZENS who planned for their retirement or also are STILL working???
I know of single and double amputees who work full time as well as serve in some of the most strenuous jobs in our military. INFANTRY and even AIRBORNE for Christ's sake. To me ords make more invalids than actuals anymore.
For me... I am sick and tired of peeling off my nest egg to help those who "convinced" some liberal program..that they need to be given everything
I only feel this way because... I was raised by a Greek Immigrant who worked his ass off and never asked for anything but a job and now I live in a "Hood" loaded with Gimmees and Can'tdoos. Guess we agree to disagree...

51% those quoted in your numbers on welfare are children who cannot work and if only one in the household receives benefits everyone in the house is considered to fall in the welfare category.  This list also includes 5% senior citizens over 65 and 28% of those on medicaid between the ages of 28 to 64 on this list actually work full time.  Stating this big number though brings fear in those that want to have fear and do not want to look into it any further. 

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2015/jan/28/terry-jeffrey/are-there-more-welfare-recipients-us-full-time-wor/
College education expands one's horizons and brings more tolerance in my opinion as they more often work side by side with people outside their demographic vs. never leaving one's rural homestead and only hanging out with like minded individuals.  In many cases a college education forces many to move toward bigger cities and towns that have the job oppotunities they were trained for.  Often left behind in these rural areas are those that do not have this education.   And these larger cities and metropolitan areas vote more for Democrats than Republicans. Certainly it is not 100% but that is the trend.
https://trofire.com/2016/01/12/welfare-hypocrisy-red-states-are-the-real-freeloaders/

From what I have seen from Trump he believes in welfare as well, welfare for the rich...........

clp_lives

• Won't Go Away
« Reply #348 on: June 23, 2017, 09:42:48 AM »
I think we agree on one key thing no able-bodied citizen should get a free ride if they can work.  My point was the numbers are misleading, half children, 28% from age 28 to 65 are actually working full time, 5% over the age of 65.  The reality is though for the remaining millions who are not working there are not enough open jobs in the US to get them back to work with around 5M jobs open give or take right now, many of which require a specific technical know how or background.

and 51% of the other side....ISN"T CHILDREN WHO CAN"T work??? and THEY DON'T HAVE ..... SENIOR CITIZENS who planned for their retirement or also are STILL working???
I know of single and double amputees who work full time as well as serve in some of the most strenuous jobs in our military. INFANTRY and even AIRBORNE for Christ's sake. To me ords make more invalids than actuals anymore.
For me... I am sick and tired of peeling off my nest egg to help those who "convinced" some liberal program..that they need to be given everything
I only feel this way because... I was raised by a Greek Immigrant who worked his ass off and never asked for anything but a job and now I live in a "Hood" loaded with Gimmees and Can'tdoos. Guess we agree to disagree...

Lifetime

« Reply #349 on: June 23, 2017, 12:26:26 PM »
Hmmmm and yet we will continue to allow unbridled legal and illegal immigration to happen and then.... just what do you think happens to the HAND OUT Roles that we can't sustain ...even NOW. Lets see...not enough jobs for those we have already and we pour in more...nope...numbers don't work... Education must not be the answer as well or those who want to get the Tech jobs, would be flocking, drug free and without legal baggage to the doors to better themselves. Dude...you can't even give jobs away... We use to have a poster on the forums who talked of her husband who was a Head Hunter for the Fracking/Oil industry right here in PA. I did meet up with him. He had to go out east to recruit people. He interviewed hundreds and only 20 could pass the piss test or had clean driving records. These weren't shit jobs...starting at ...$1000..per WEEK. plus per diem, and housing...TO START. not counting overtime and shift differential... Some who made it into the jobs began with the $1000/week and some of those who stuck it out...were making 6 figures, last time I checked. Did they need college? No... did they bring a skill... not always... What they brought was the desire to work and learn so they could be a positive addition to society and make more $$$... without pounding drugs in themselves or breaking the law at the drop of the hat. Yup.... we need more people in the US who bring nothing to the table and continue to burden the system and we can't even care for those  who ARE leeches on the system already.... O1 visas aside I guess.

My son graduated from High School years ago. We had a talk.... He was already working for Giant Eagle in HS. I told him, if he wants to live here, he pays rent so he has to keep working. No rent if he went to college. He was smart... he went to work at Giant Eagle FULL TIME and... He went to college FULL TIME. So... no rent was paid and he is now close to retirement. I like to think I was part of his decision. Again... ASS, GRASS OR GAS..... ain't no free ride. The birds need pushed out of the nest in real life... sink or swim.

So your numbers don't seem to work for me as well and I bet for others in the forums.

I think we agree on one key thing no able-bodied citizen should get a free ride if they can work.  My point was the numbers are misleading, half children, 28% from age 28 to 65 are actually working full time, 5% over the age of 65.  The reality is though for the remaining millions who are not working there are not enough open jobs in the US to get them back to work with around 5M jobs open give or take right now, many of which require a specific technical know how or background.

clp_lives

• Won't Go Away
« Reply #350 on: June 23, 2017, 04:42:00 PM »
It is all fake news....

Hmmmm and yet we will continue to allow unbridled legal and illegal immigration to happen and then.... just what do you think happens to the HAND OUT Roles that we can't sustain ...even NOW. Lets see...not enough jobs for those we have already and we pour in more...nope...numbers don't work... Education must not be the answer as well or those who want to get the Tech jobs, would be flocking, drug free and without legal baggage to the doors to better themselves. Dude...you can't even give jobs away... We use to have a poster on the forums who talked of her husband who was a Head Hunter for the Fracking/Oil industry right here in PA. I did meet up with him. He had to go out east to recruit people. He interviewed hundreds and only 20 could pass the piss test or had clean driving records. These weren't shit jobs...starting at ...$1000..per WEEK. plus per diem, and housing...TO START. not counting overtime and shift differential... Some who made it into the jobs began with the $1000/week and some of those who stuck it out...were making 6 figures, last time I checked. Did they need college? No... did they bring a skill... not always... What they brought was the desire to work and learn so they could be a positive addition to society and make more $$$... without pounding drugs in themselves or breaking the law at the drop of the hat. Yup.... we need more people in the US who bring nothing to the table and continue to burden the system and we can't even care for those  who ARE leeches on the system already.... O1 visas aside I guess.

My son graduated from High School years ago. We had a talk.... He was already working for Giant Eagle in HS. I told him, if he wants to live here, he pays rent so he has to keep working. No rent if he went to college. He was smart... he went to work at Giant Eagle FULL TIME and... He went to college FULL TIME. So... no rent was paid and he is now close to retirement. I like to think I was part of his decision. Again... ASS, GRASS OR GAS..... ain't no free ride. The birds need pushed out of the nest in real life... sink or swim.

So your numbers don't seem to work for me as well and I bet for others in the forums.

Lifetime

« Reply #351 on: June 24, 2017, 08:36:38 AM »
Sometimes it is best to just bang your head against a wall  :frustrated:

gore range

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24]   Go Up

A random picture
Sorry, you need to be logged in to view the gallery
Portal Management Extension PortaMx™ v0.957 | PortaMx © 2008-2009 by PortaMx corp.