by Janetplanet
[November 23, 2017, 09:40:42 PM]
Dead Air
by Amidala
[November 15, 2017, 12:34:55 PM]
Happy Birthday lifefeedsonlife
by The Wraith
[November 13, 2017, 05:54:16 PM]
Happy Birthday to any Jarheads out there!!!!!
by NightmarePatrol
[November 10, 2017, 11:18:31 PM]
The Trump Administration
by gore range
[November 02, 2017, 09:59:04 AM]
Harvey
by NightmarePatrol
[October 02, 2017, 05:26:19 PM]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Harvey  (Read 3629 times)

NightmarePatrol

• Self Important Starfish
Re: Harvey
« Reply #60 on: September 09, 2017, 08:21:08 PM »
Plywood is up and secured with tapcons. Patio furniture is in the pool. We have ice, water, gas and simple foods. Now it's just a matter of WHEN Irma arrice and WHEN the power goes out because it will. All we can do is relax and try to stay calm.

By Monday morning at 02:00 hell should be town.

clp_lives

• Won't Go Away
« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2017, 08:40:50 PM »
You sound like you have been listening too much to Rush L.  He says it is a hoax, then he evacuates.......

And at least 12 of those occurred before Gore did the ranting. And... those are the ones that we have calculated...wonder how many occurred before 1899???

I found this interesting and wonder... who is/was right and how much politics played in either...

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-the-global-cooling-story-came-to-be/

Lifetime

• Honk if you've not seen a gun fired from a Harley
« Reply #62 on: September 10, 2017, 02:52:48 AM »
I listen to him rarely. My point is and have been... this has gone on for a long time and I find it hard to accept it being more man made rather than cycles. I live in an area where many of the lakes are moraines. They were cause by an ice age... possibly before man even set foot here. Our world is in constant flux... seashell fossils on top of the Rocky Mountains etc.

Rush can say what he wants. I think his leaving is a smart thing. I have a nephew who was going to "stick it out" until the condo owner told him he had to leave the condo. So he finally made plans and loaded up the car and headed to S Carolina to a friend's house. Sometimes people may need more than a nudge.
And you betcha... I am not a fan of Gore and his ilk. It is history that we had a mini ice age within the last millennia... no jets, internal combustion engines and not so much in the way of belching mills. Population was much smaller than at present as well. To me.... all doesn't add up to the statements of the "Gore Crew". I believe that Mother Nature is a cold bitch and we are at its beck and call. Nothing more... Nothing less. When it rains, I grab a bumbershoot and when it snows...put on the rubbers. If the winds get high..I stay in cover or.... leave.

You sound like you have been listening too much to Rush L.  He says it is a hoax, then he evacuates.......

And at least 12 of those occurred before Gore did the ranting. And... those are the ones that we have calculated...wonder how many occurred before 1899???

I found this interesting and wonder... who is/was right and how much politics played in either...

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-the-global-cooling-story-came-to-be/

lifefeedsonlife

« Reply #63 on: September 10, 2017, 11:01:54 AM »
Stay battened down NP. Hoping things go well for you.

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. - Carl Sagan

clp_lives

• Won't Go Away
« Reply #64 on: September 10, 2017, 03:04:48 PM »
Since solar and wind renewable energy are cheaper than fossil fuel in many parts of the world why not push for them and have the clean air that goes with it.  No rail cars to haul all this coal and contaminated waterways as well.  If global warming is true the world is screwed and Florida among many other places will be in for a world of hurt with the projected sea rise.  If global warming is not true and we still push for renewables anyway we are stuck with the clean air and low cost energy it brings, how terrible.  Renewable energy is the fastest growing job creator in the US over 20% per year, how bad is that.

I listen to him rarely. My point is and have been... this has gone on for a long time and I find it hard to accept it being more man made rather than cycles. I live in an area where many of the lakes are moraines. They were cause by an ice age... possibly before man even set foot here. Our world is in constant flux... seashell fossils on top of the Rocky Mountains etc.

Rush can say what he wants. I think his leaving is a smart thing. I have a nephew who was going to "stick it out" until the condo owner told him he had to leave the condo. So he finally made plans and loaded up the car and headed to S Carolina to a friend's house. Sometimes people may need more than a nudge.
And you betcha... I am not a fan of Gore and his ilk. It is history that we had a mini ice age within the last millennia... no jets, internal combustion engines and not so much in the way of belching mills. Population was much smaller than at present as well. To me.... all doesn't add up to the statements of the "Gore Crew". I believe that Mother Nature is a cold bitch and we are at its beck and call. Nothing more... Nothing less. When it rains, I grab a bumbershoot and when it snows...put on the rubbers. If the winds get high..I stay in cover or.... leave.

Amidala

« Reply #65 on: September 10, 2017, 03:27:37 PM »
Just to Review....that the globe is warming up all over is well-documented.

Whether it's due to a natural phenomenon, is man made, or due to something else, is where there is still considerable debate. One thing I would caution - There are activities going on All Over The Planet ( not just in the US ) that may contributing to this surface warming.   The issue is global, not just American.

Lifetime

« Reply #66 on: September 10, 2017, 06:08:28 PM »

Classsss.... Classssss.... SHUT UP!!!!!! so much for Cheech and Chong...

And now we know that the Antarctic ice has been ....OMG ,.... increasing. Maybe we can boil up some ice??? No... but seriously...I do think the Goreism has been and still is... HUMANS DID ALL THIS. THAT is what I doubt.... not that our world shifts from Warm to Cold... more or less on it's own. It may have some adjustments to forest fires ( not all are man caused) and Volcanic action...( Not caused by man that I know of).

In the end...we will be arguing about this long after I worm food. Both sides have "EXPERTS".

Not long ago experts told me that coffee was bad for you and then...about 2 weeks ago... they siad that drinking 4 cups a day can help me live longer...???????????????????????????????

Who is right?

Whether it's due to a natural phenomenon, is man made, or due to something else, is where there is still considerable debate. One thing I would caution - There are activities going on All Over The Planet ( not just in the US ) that may contributing to this surface warming.   The issue is global, not just American.

bighair80s

« Reply #67 on: September 10, 2017, 08:34:50 PM »
mr bh and i hoping safe refuge for you and the family np
"this space for rent"

Amidala

« Reply #68 on: September 10, 2017, 11:40:28 PM »
Yep. Allowing for new data input & analysis, and most of all, global critical thinking is never a good thing. Never. Yep.

Classsss.... Classssss.... SHUT UP!!!!!! so much for Cheech and Chong...

And now we know that the Antarctic ice has been ....OMG ,.... increasing. Maybe we can boil up some ice??? No... but seriously...I do think the Goreism has been and still is... HUMANS DID ALL THIS. THAT is what I doubt.... not that our world shifts from Warm to Cold... more or less on it's own. It may have some adjustments to forest fires ( not all are man caused) and Volcanic action...( Not caused by man that I know of).

In the end...we will be arguing about this long after I worm food. Both sides have "EXPERTS".

Not long ago experts told me that coffee was bad for you and then...about 2 weeks ago... they siad that drinking 4 cups a day can help me live longer...???????????????????????????????

Who is right?

Whether it's due to a natural phenomenon, is man made, or due to something else, is where there is still considerable debate. One thing I would caution - There are activities going on All Over The Planet ( not just in the US ) that may contributing to this surface warming.   The issue is global, not just American.
[/quote]

clp_lives

• Won't Go Away
« Reply #69 on: September 11, 2017, 10:13:53 PM »
Globally they are doing their part, France, UK, China etc. are moving toward a day when sole combustion engines in cars will be a thing of the past.  Volvo, VW to name a few have deadlines as well.  400k put money down on a Tesla they never saw in person.  China alone is investing over $300 billion in the coming few years and creating over a million jobs in renewable energy.  We can sit back and watch the world pass us by or jump on the bandwagon.  I for one would prefer to breath clean air, drink clear water and enjoy cheaper energy, but that is just me.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 10:25:32 PM by clp_lives »

Lifetime

« Reply #70 on: September 12, 2017, 07:25:21 AM »
Then ...when the time comes... 2 things..... DON'T take a rebate when you buy into the industry. (No one pays full price for a Tesla or even solar panels) and..... it is proven that even buying a vehicle like a Tesla... the "damage' done to the planet....even before you drive it...is equivalent to having driven a DINO fuel car 80,000 miles. You have to take into this... the materials used for the batteries ( and the disposal added on to the end) and the fact that a lot of the electricity is produced by means other than solar and wind to charge it. I see it as shitting in your neighbors yard and telling everyone how clean your's is.

We have bought into this crap because... it is HUGELY SUBSIDIZED by outside sources and yes... it may be so of the industries that we "despise" at the moment.... but we are no better off. And.... my water and air are just fine. If it were not.... why are we living longer today than just 25 years ago? We do not need to go PISS POOR to have PURE air and water... after all.... fish poop and screw in our water and I don't notice the mills belching in the air anymore where I live so it has to be cleaner. Furnaces in homes are cleaner as are the cars ...thanks to the extra THOU$ANDS we pay for them now.

I don't need solar panels on my roof in dark rainy snowy days and if I need to drink better water... I can install a filter system. Let the other countries do what they want... We fell in love with SMALLER cars when Gasoline was expensive... but you don't see the YUGOs in business anymore. They even gave you one when you bought a Cadillac at one point. I see a few VOLTS and TESLAs on the road and even "powder blue" Prius' but WE buy what we want so I see a SHIT load of full sized trucks in my area. Hmmmmm gotta HEMI???? I can't wait to see how many "AAA" battery imports will be bought from Sweden, Germany and ..oh yes... CHINA in the future. A lot of the countries you mention, have no form of cheaper organic fuel like we do. And if they did... their economies run on TAXES which makes the products VERY expensive. I , personally do not want to be like Europe, Asia, or even Canada for that matter. My Grand Children will be fine as far as water and air... unless some idiot pushes THE button. CARBON Credits LOL. Gore and DiCaprio talk this crap and then climb in huge aircraft or limo's to get to their huge CARBON FOOTPRINT homes. You would think that if you "believe" all this hype... you would live the life as well...TALK THE TALK, WALK THE WALK... but NOOOOOOOOO...it is 'do as I say, not as I do and keep those checks and money coming to my bank."

And as far as doing our part??? Who rebuilt countries like Germany, France and Japan after a time we called WWII. We rebuilt enemies and our friends... That my friend...was a hell of a part. We even did it at the cost of not revamping even our own industries and we see where that took us.

And... China is a good example... Billions of people and only a small part even have electricity or even a paved road or decent water and OHHH how about polluted air in those large cities. All this will be concentrated at the Business centers and the centers of their government... And THEY are going to be the Poster Children of a better life??? PALEEEEASE....

But do what you want.... it is the American Way  ;D

I will not be one to cry "The sky is falling"  just yet.

Globally they are doing their part, France, UK, China etc. are moving toward a day when sole combustion engines in cars will be a thing of the past.  Volvo, VW to name a few have deadlines as well.  400k put money down on a Tesla they never saw in person.  China alone is investing over $300 billion in the coming few years and creating over a million jobs in renewable energy.  We can sit back and watch the world pass us by or jump on the bandwagon.  I for one would prefer to breath clean air, drink clear water and enjoy cheaper energy, but that is just me.

bighair80s

« Reply #71 on: September 12, 2017, 12:17:34 PM »
The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject.

-Marcus Aurelius
"this space for rent"

clp_lives

• Won't Go Away
« Reply #72 on: September 12, 2017, 01:30:23 PM »
Yes studies funding by the coal and oil industry have shown electric vehicle and battery production are no better.  Most unbiased studies show otherwise over the life of the vehicle and will only increase efficiency as electric production transitions over the coming decades to cleaner options.  Proven?  Far from it.  Some people believe Fox News, others do not.  I am sure you decline your "subsidized" personal federal tax exemption "rebate" every year as well.  Why would you get a tax rebate / credit just for living, right?
Then ...when the time comes... 2 things..... DON'T take a rebate when you buy into the industry. (No one pays full price for a Tesla or even solar panels) and..... it is proven that even buying a vehicle like a Tesla... the "damage' done to the planet....even before you drive it...is equivalent to having driven a DINO fuel car 80,000 miles. You have to take into this... the materials used for the batteries ( and the disposal added on to the end) and the fact that a lot of the electricity is produced by means other than solar and wind to charge it. I see it as shitting in your neighbors yard and telling everyone how clean your's is.

We have bought into this crap because... it is HUGELY SUBSIDIZED by outside sources and yes... it may be so of the industries that we "despise" at the moment.... but we are no better off. And.... my water and air are just fine. If it were not.... why are we living longer today than just 25 years ago? We do not need to go PISS POOR to have PURE air and water... after all.... fish poop and screw in our water and I don't notice the mills belching in the air anymore where I live so it has to be cleaner. Furnaces in homes are cleaner as are the cars ...thanks to the extra THOU$ANDS we pay for them now.

I don't need solar panels on my roof in dark rainy snowy days and if I need to drink better water... I can install a filter system. Let the other countries do what they want... We fell in love with SMALLER cars when Gasoline was expensive... but you don't see the YUGOs in business anymore. They even gave you one when you bought a Cadillac at one point. I see a few VOLTS and TESLAs on the road and even "powder blue" Prius' but WE buy what we want so I see a SHIT load of full sized trucks in my area. Hmmmmm gotta HEMI? ??? I can't wait to see how many "AAA" battery imports will be bought from Sweden, Germany and ..oh yes... CHINA in the future. A lot of the countries you mention, have no form of cheaper organic fuel like we do. And if they did... their economies run on TAXES which makes the products VERY expensive. I , personally do not want to be like Europe, Asia, or even Canada for that matter. My Grand Children will be fine as far as water and air... unless some idiot pushes THE button. CARBON Credits LOL. Gore and DiCaprio talk this crap and then climb in huge aircraft or limo's to get to their huge CARBON FOOTPRINT homes. You would think that if you "believe" all this hype... you would live the life as well...TALK THE TALK, WALK THE WALK... but NOOOOOOOOO...it is 'do as I say, not as I do and keep those checks and money coming to my bank."

And as far as doing our part??? Who rebuilt countries like Germany, France and Japan after a time we called WWII. We rebuilt enemies and our friends... That my friend...was a hell of a part. We even did it at the cost of not revamping even our own industries and we see where that took us.

And... China is a good example... Billions of people and only a small part even have electricity or even a paved road or decent water and OHHH how about polluted air in those large cities. All this will be concentrated at the Business centers and the centers of their government... And THEY are going to be the Poster Children of a better life??? PALEEEEASE....

But do what you want.... it is the American Way  ;D

I will not be one to cry "The sky is falling"  just yet.

gore range

« Reply #73 on: September 12, 2017, 03:09:44 PM »
...Most unbiased studies show  ...

gore range

« Reply #74 on: September 12, 2017, 03:32:02 PM »
There is a half mile of gator-infested mangroves between Sisí retirement abode, north of Ft Meyers, and the Gulf. They installed high-tech Lexan storm shutters and were going to ride it out.

At the Thursday 8 AM update she was suddenly dead center for the 400 mile-wide  CAT 4 eye hit on her 8í above sea level garage floor, with the evolving forecast of 130 mph winds,  8í to 12í storm surge, with 14í seas at 10 second intervals on top of that.

They gave it some thought for a while, but then prudently booked at midnight with increasingly dire forecasts dropping like used tractor tires in the lanai hot tub pool.

They egressed rather nicely on mile-high coordinated county back roads in the early AM hours up to Palm Coast on the ocean side to ride out a CAT 1 /2 blow in some friends' vacant retirement abode located a half mile from the beach- albeit sitting in a heavy wooden old forested area, 12í above sea level.

Power/cable was out in Palm Coast with some tree damage and flooding in low areas. Cell coverage intermittent.

They snuck back in to the retirement bunker yesterday afternoon, taking county back roads to avoid the bumper to bumper mobs endeavoring to return post Irma on the major thoroughfares.

Not a lick of damage at the southern bunker and power working. Knock on wood. Thatís the way it works sometimes.

Still, nothing to even think about screwing with. Itís a learning curve for new Sunshine State residents looking for sunshine in paradise.

I got my first solid night of sleep last night.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up

A random picture
Sorry, you need to be logged in to view the gallery
Portal Management Extension PortaMx™ v0.957 | PortaMx © 2008-2009 by PortaMx corp.