by Janetplanet
[November 23, 2017, 09:40:42 PM]
Dead Air
by Amidala
[November 15, 2017, 12:34:55 PM]
Happy Birthday lifefeedsonlife
by The Wraith
[November 13, 2017, 05:54:16 PM]
Happy Birthday to any Jarheads out there!!!!!
by NightmarePatrol
[November 10, 2017, 11:18:31 PM]
The Trump Administration
by gore range
[November 02, 2017, 09:59:04 AM]
Harvey
by NightmarePatrol
[October 02, 2017, 05:26:19 PM]
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Dead Air  (Read 1218 times)

Lifetime

• Self Important Starfish
  • Honk if you've not seen a gun fired from a Harley
Dead Air
« on: October 28, 2017, 08:12:59 AM »
No new posts in any subject but CLP for over 3 weeks... I guess the place is officially dead to all but those who really care about CLP... RIP

Janetplanet

Re: Dead Air
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 10:47:04 AM »
I was wondering the same thing.  I think a part of this is due to our current president situation.  You can't talk about sports without kneeling, you can't talk about the weather without climate change, and I can go on and on.  I miss hearing from everyone, but it is what we are living with now.
handle every stressful situation like a dog.  pee on it and walk away.

NightmarePatrol

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 08:28:57 AM »
Sadly, it's tough to compete with the 800 pound gorilla.

bighair80s

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2017, 10:11:09 AM »
We could talk about holiday plans, winter coming,the kids, vacation, travel, tv, movies, etc. 

But itís true ideology has gotten into everything like sand at a picnic. Weíve been conscripted and dressed in our uniforms to do battle.  Maybe it would be permissible to go AWOL from all that for a time and just be people again?  Maybe itís not possible though, I donít know. 

That 800#gorilla isnít all itís cracked up to be in my opinion.  For something that was supposed to connect people it sure stripped the warmth from those connections. 
"this space for rent"

The Wraith

• Won't Go Away
  • Error never lies with facts but how they are used.
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2017, 12:03:14 PM »
I miss the input of many of you as well. I learned so much from you all when the message board was hopping and I was just a reader. Sadly, people have found it easier to just check out of conversations instead of stating their positions and letting the chips fall as they may. Conversation requires dialog and the sharing of ideas. Whether you folks used to agree or not, it never seemed to stop you all from having a beer together.

There are times where one should state their position and defend it boldly instead of collecting all their toys and leaving. To that extent, others sometimes feel the same way but do not wish to share that because of the thought they will get attacked for it. I have always felt that your memories are yours, and nobody can change that. I can provide some information that you may not have been privy to, or considered, but for the most part I do not wish to force anyone to capitulate.

I believe that this current climate began far before this current president. It began when our society accepted leadership that straight out lied to their face and they (society) never held them accountable. In fact, we keep putting these people in the same positions of power and calling them great leaders.  I call this the "set it and forget it" generation. How long can you hear someone say "mind your own business" when your ship is on fire and you never made lifeboats? We need to look in the mirror and take responsibility for what we have allowed to happen in our society because we chose to "mind our own business."

The greatest threat to our country is the silence of its citizens.

ďIs there any point in public debate in a society where hardly anyone has been taught how to think, while millions have been taught what to think?Ē ― Peter Hitchens

lifefeedsonlife

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2017, 12:15:20 PM »
All the world's a meme.
For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. - Carl Sagan

Lifetime

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2017, 12:21:54 PM »
So true

" the greatest threat to our country is the silence of its citizens." But.... show your homework before the outcome. Many don't think before uttering and when they do..what they say... they can't show the what when and why other than..."well THEY said it."

I miss the input of many of you as well. I learned so much from you all when the message board was hopping and I was just a reader. Sadly, people have found it easier to just check out of conversations instead of stating their positions and letting the chips fall as they may. Conversation requires dialog and the sharing of ideas. Whether you folks used to agree or not, it never seemed to stop you all from having a beer together.

There are times where one should state their position and defend it boldly instead of collecting all their toys and leaving. To that extent, others sometimes feel the same way but do not wish to share that because of the thought they will get attacked for it. I have always felt that your memories are yours, and nobody can change that. I can provide some information that you may not have been privy to, or considered, but for the most part I do not wish to force anyone to capitulate.

I believe that this current climate began far before this current president. It began when our society accepted leadership that straight out lied to their face and they (society) never held them accountable. In fact, we keep putting these people in the same positions of power and calling them great leaders.  I call this the "set it and forget it" generation. How long can you hear someone say "mind your own business" when your ship is on fire and you never made lifeboats? We need to look in the mirror and take responsibility for what we have allowed to happen in our society because we chose to "mind our own business."

The greatest threat to our country is the silence of its citizens.

bighair80s

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2017, 12:37:14 PM »
All the world's a meme.

The world does seem to have become a meme.  That instead of a story.  I think itís really actually a story.   A meme is a cheap quick imitation for a story. Stories are deep and real.
"this space for rent"

lifefeedsonlife

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2017, 02:50:52 PM »
For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. - Carl Sagan

lifefeedsonlife

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2017, 02:52:21 PM »
All kidding aside though - it seems many folks don't care to read in-depth or write in-depth . . . or think in-depth anymore. Our dialogue has suffered for it. So has our emotional barometer. Seems memes make for high pressure systems.

Amidala

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2017, 09:46:06 PM »
Now, now, now...Gore still writes in depth - occasionally - for newer readers - and then we make the Face ^....   

NightmarePatrol

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2017, 09:18:06 AM »
Strangely I have found all social media useful in some ways. point. Twitter is very useful for me during hurricanes as the hurricane forecasters  post updates (and lots of weird facts) about what's going on. I follow one of the local meteorologists who's pretty awesome. The 800 pound gorilla isn't anything more than an ongoing class/work/distant circle of friends reunion for me. As for the rest of it there's a ton of rants, posturing, hate, misinformation, half-truths and so on. It's wearing a little thin, but I do keep going back for some reason.

Amidala

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2017, 09:25:54 AM »
I LOVE FB because it makes it so easy to keep in touch with friends, old and new. Simple as that.

Lifetime

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2017, 11:12:57 AM »
So do FACE TO FACE, phones, email and even snail mail... and don't have to put up with advertisements. To me...Facebook and the like... are just journalistic crack. Never understood why people put pictures of their meals on it ...maybe they should post "before" and "after" photos of it... but... that is just me *S*. I am not that self important.

I LOVE FB because it makes it so easy to keep in touch with friends, old and new. Simple as that.

NightmarePatrol

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2017, 09:11:18 AM »
It's an interesting view of humanity. Some people post a selfie at least every other day, or pictures of pets, their flowerbed, etc. I'm not one to try and figure out the human psyche. I'm not terribly good at it, but it does get me thinking a bit about what matters to some people and why. What turns me off is when people use it as a podium / bully pulpit .

It's a nice tool to keep up with old friends and that's primarily what I use it for. I really can't complain because facebook buys services from where I work so it does put food in my mouth and a roof over my head.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

A random picture
Sorry, you need to be logged in to view the gallery
Portal Management Extension PortaMx™ v0.957 | PortaMx © 2008-2009 by PortaMx corp.