by Janetplanet
[November 23, 2017, 09:40:42 PM]
Dead Air
by Amidala
[November 15, 2017, 12:34:55 PM]
Happy Birthday lifefeedsonlife
by The Wraith
[November 13, 2017, 05:54:16 PM]
Happy Birthday to any Jarheads out there!!!!!
by NightmarePatrol
[November 10, 2017, 11:18:31 PM]
The Trump Administration
by gore range
[November 02, 2017, 09:59:04 AM]
Harvey
by NightmarePatrol
[October 02, 2017, 05:26:19 PM]

Linked Events

• AppleFest: October 05, 2007 - October 07, 2007
  • APLLEFEST: October 06, 2007 - October 08, 2007
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: THINGS TO DO  (Read 6032 times)

lifefeedsonlife

• Self Important Starfish
Re: THINGS TO DO
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2008, 07:25:47 AM »
Tife, Life.  You underestimate yourselves.  You can rent a rototiller for less than $40 a day.  Get it and split the cost with someone else.  Get your neighbors together and get some tilling done!  After that it's simple maintainence.  Start a box for your food scraps (with the worms and stuff, whats that called.....we do it all winter long) and fertilize it all year.  Your garden will be plusher every year doing this.  All you need after a good tilling is a small hand shovel.  Start your seed in late April/May sometime and get out ther on your hands and knees boys!  There are a million books on freezing/canning.  Some of it is soooooooo simple!  You don't need a huge garden to get a lot of great veggis.  Once you kow what you are doing you will be amazed at how much you will get out of a row of 6 to 10 plants!  (Green beans always amaze with their output.)  I say you start learning, reading, planning now for next year.

We're starting. The Redhead is actually way ahead of me and quietly smiles when I go off on my little rants and anxieties. She smiles and says "Oh, I've been reading about that and I've planned for . . . " I don't know how she came into my life, but I'm sure glad she's here. She says she needs me to be strong. What she doesn't realize is how much strength I draw from her.
For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. - Carl Sagan

TiFeMb

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2008, 08:45:05 AM »
BH: Thanks for sharing that story, very moving. I am so glad we got to met, I consider you a good friend & appreciate your caring spirit & advice.

CLW: I'm just not used to this ecosystem, and have a hard time getting up to speed because nobody down here really farms. At least the people I roll with.  ::) If we stick arounf here I may have to start some research, maybe use that newfangled internet thing, gargle? doogle? whatever.

Life: good for you. I believe we can figure everything out, I just worry about the millions of morons out there that I KNOW can't fend for themselves. Seriously, like the people cruising around by themselves in an Escalade chatting on the surgically attached cell phone while eating some garbage from a fast food drive through. They have no baseline to draw from: Thank God I grew up in the 70's when we were REALLY poor. Think back, we didn't really have any extras. Most people I knew had 1 car per family. Around here everyone has 1 or TWO per person. The studdents are the worst, everyone drives everywhere, go to Starbucks every day and they are clueless to what's going on in the world. College students are noit what they used to be...

*off my rant*

CindyLouWho

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2010, 06:57:14 AM »
Applefest is this weekend beginning today at 10 a.m.
"Hold on tight to your dream"........Electric Light Orchestra

E-L Man

• Yep, it's me.
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2010, 10:31:27 AM »

Wow, CLW. Ya went way back into 2008 to dig this out. You are right, it is the Apple Fest time again already. One of the biggest around. Too busy this year to show the car there but we have in the past.They have hundreds of cars. Punkin Fest = 0  ???
I'm not the best lookin guy in the world but I'll do ya till he gets here.

gator

• Won't Go Away
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2010, 12:07:01 PM »

Wow, CLW. Ya went way back into 2008 to dig this out. You are right, it is the Apple Fest time again already. One of the biggest around. Too busy this year to show the car there but we have in the past.They have hundreds of cars. Punkin Fest = 0  ???
So wonder why pumpkin fest is having a bike show and not a car cruise -in?  Ms Nancy can you answer this for us?

CindyLouWho

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2010, 05:46:57 PM »
Franklin knows how to do it.  It was just wonderful.  As usual.
"Hold on tight to your dream"........Electric Light Orchestra

E-L Man

• Yep, it's me.
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2010, 02:04:01 PM »

So wonder why pumpkin fest is having a bike show and not a car cruise -in?  Ms Nancy can you answer this for us?

Gator, I'm certain that it is a grudge thing. ??? ::)
Maybe bikers drink more beer! ;D
I'm not the best lookin guy in the world but I'll do ya till he gets here.

Amidala

« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2010, 08:32:01 PM »
Probably is a beer/booze thing but I can't understand why they can't have both. Is there not room for both?

Also, perhaps the Park should ask for a donation from exhibitors (ie classic cars) say $5 and have a receipt ready, so you can use it at tax time. The park is a 501c3, right? Or am I misconfuzed on this.... ;-)

gore range

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2010, 09:08:04 PM »
...The park is a 501c3, right? ...)

....nope....

Amidala

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2010, 09:23:06 PM »
OH, ok. Not surprised then that I got it wrong.  :-)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

A random picture
Sorry, you need to be logged in to view the gallery
Portal Management Extension PortaMx™ v0.957 | PortaMx © 2008-2009 by PortaMx corp.