Advanced search  
Recent posts
The Trump Administration
by gore range
[Today at 12:23:55 PM]
* CLP REPORT *
by IC2ITUC
[Yesterday at 12:21:56 AM]
Tell us how you hated 8 years of OBAMA and less than 2 years of TRUMP...
by gore range
[October 24, 2018, 10:54:50 PM]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: More on climate change  (Read 20303 times)

Lifetime

• Self Important Starfish
  • Honk if you've not seen a gun fired from a Harley
Re: More on climate change
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2012, 08:52:05 AM »
Hey I am still recommending that you read "Cold Sun" by John Casey. It fills in a lot of gaps and gives a very reasonable explaination without all the IT'S HUMANS FAULT!!!"

I am glad I didn't invest in Carbon Credits... Originally at your local convenience store for $7.40 per ton, now on the Bargain Shelf of Dollar Tree for $ .10 per ton.... GO GORE!!!!!

NightmarePatrol

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2012, 11:21:00 AM »
Here's an interesting article that is nearly five years old. Of course if you still are interested being a carbon credit mogul you can go here and find out all about it. Maybe if you call before midnight he'll double the offer too.

lifefeedsonlife

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2012, 07:16:08 AM »
For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. - Carl Sagan

NightmarePatrol

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2012, 07:24:09 AM »
I guess we should have looked for lite-green technology.

lifefeedsonlife

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2013, 04:40:45 PM »
20 things we know about Carbon Dioxide.

Food for thought. Of all the independent variables that go into climate - to pinpoint ONE of those variables as THE culprit in climate change seems disingenuous at best.
For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. - Carl Sagan

Amidala

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2013, 04:52:43 PM »
20 things we know about Carbon Dioxide.

Food for thought. Of all the independent variables that go into climate - to pinpoint ONE of those variables as THE culprit in climate change seems disingenuous at best.

I read this and it brings a lot of questions to mind, that I would have to research and check out before accepting this person's claims (and with a name like Darko Butina, my first bit of research would be to research that person's credentials.) I have never taken Physical Chem, which is the subject some of his claims would fall under.

As I have a lot of time on my hands lately, I may look into some of the claims; if I do I will let you know. I also am short on a few RBC & Fe at the moment so that is a factor that will play into it. :)

lifefeedsonlife

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2013, 11:28:37 AM »
Real fellow - doing real science.

lifefeedsonlife

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2013, 06:50:48 AM »

gore range

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2018, 10:08:56 AM »

clp_lives

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2018, 10:22:40 AM »
So we globally could push for renewables and the high paying / high tech jobs it generates, or the US could pull back while other countries pass us by and they now have the cheaper energy options.  Worse case global warming is not real but we have all this clean air from the renewable energy push.  And BTW the renewable energy job market is the fastest growing in the US now.  Seems logical to me to push for jobs, clean air and cheap energy but yet some people want to debate to save a small group of jobs that are a fraction of the renewable job market growth.  Keep living in the past and you will be left behind.  The Republicans also told me the ban on incandescents is terrible and LEDs are too costly and will never work.  Now I can get LED bulbs for less than $1 and I use less electricity in my home and pay less per month compared to 10 years ago.   Let's stop using ice chests and move to a refrigerator, life will be much better. 

gore range

« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2018, 12:34:41 PM »
So we globally could push for renewables and the high paying / high tech jobs it generates, or the US could pull back while other countries pass us by and they now have the cheaper energy options. ...

....good to know

....appreciate the input.

gore range

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2018, 12:35:43 PM »
... The Republicans also told me the ban on incandescents is terrible and LEDs are too costly and will never work.  Now I can get LED bulbs for less than $1 and I use less electricity in my home and pay less per month compared to 10 years ago.  ...

of course-

.....the bill including the mandating increased light bulb efficency passed in the Senate 86-8 on December 13, 2007. The House approved the final version 314-100 on December 18, and President Bush signed it the following day.

gore range

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2018, 01:38:50 PM »
....some people want to debate to save a small group of jobs that are a fraction of the renewable job market growth.  Keep living in the past and you will be left behind. ...

....U.S. Department of Energy U.S. Energy and Employment Report, March 24, 2016-

“...3.64 million Americans work in traditional energy industries, including production, transmission, distribution, and storage.

Of these, 600,000 employees contribute to the production of low-carbon electricity, including renewable energy, nuclear energy and low emission natural gas.

...the energy efficiency sector predicted hiring rates of 14 percent in 2016, or almost 260,000 new hires. Projected hiring rates were at 5 percent within the electric power generation and fuels sector, reflecting overall growth despite a loss of employment in 2015 in the oil and natural gas extraction sectors. Transmission, wholesale distribution, and storage firms anticipate 4 percent employment growth in 2016. Solar energy firms predicted 15 percent job growth over the next year.

Yet even as the report found the opportunity for job growth in many energy sectors, over 70 percent of all employers surveyed found it “difficult or very difficult” to hire new employees with needed skills.
...”

clp_lives

« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2018, 03:37:40 PM »
You take a snapshot of today to prove your point when I was talking the future.............  And no response to the main point - if global warming turns out not to be true we will still have clean air, good paying jobs and cheap power if we take the renewable path.
And China who we have the largest trade deficit with was not even on the chart.  Maybe it is because it is off the bottom of the chart at 4-4.5 cents.
Yes I appreciate your input......

So we globally could push for renewables and the high paying / high tech jobs it generates, or the US could pull back while other countries pass us by and they now have the cheaper energy options. ...

....good to know

....appreciate the input.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 03:49:41 PM by clp_lives »

gore range

« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2018, 05:12:21 PM »
You take a snapshot of today to prove your point when I was talking the future.............  And no response to the main point - if global warming turns out not to be true ....

....of course, the documented historical geological record is solid and absolutely factually clear-

....global climates are not static, and-

....the planets have clearly been historically warming over time for a multitude of variable reasons, which likewise remain, and will continue to remain, variable and not static.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11   Go Up

A random picture
Sorry, you need to be logged in to view the gallery
Portal Management Extension PortaMx™ v0.957 | PortaMx © 2008-2009 by PortaMx corp.