Advanced search  
Recent posts
The Trump Administration
by IC2ITUC
[Today at 10:35:31 PM]
* CLP REPORT *
by gore range
[Yesterday at 08:23:50 PM]
Tell us how you hated 8 years of OBAMA and less than 2 years of TRUMP...
by gore range
[October 24, 2018, 10:54:50 PM]
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cuba... is it time?  (Read 2611 times)

NightmarePatrol

• Self Important Starfish
Cuba... is it time?
« on: April 19, 2009, 01:45:08 PM »
Any thoughts on lifting all the restrictions on Cuban travel, trade, etc. The US has been all but cut off from Cuba since 1962 when it became the the only place you could not travel to from the US. I think the time is right for this. Castro is in the last throws of his reign and if we open the doors they might just warm up to us. I know the situation is far more complex that what we see reported in the press, but on the other hand if we want the government to change there removing the cold shoulder might be a good starting point.

Thoughts, comments, criticism's?

Mr. Ripley

• Won't Go Away
Re: Cuba... is it time?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 01:56:38 PM »
I am thinking better us than Chavez or Medvedev getting an unshakable foothold there.

Sometimes I think the Cold War never really ended, all that has changed are the actors and the venue.

JMHO

Mr R

lifefeedsonlife

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 08:46:00 PM »
Fidel is on his last legs but Raul ain't. If we're hoping for a Berlin Wall in '91 situation - I don't see that as too likely.
For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. - Carl Sagan

NightmarePatrol

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 07:31:03 AM »
I don't see a Berlin wall situation at all. It just seems to me that it's a relic of the cold war that doesn't serve a purpose any more. The Cubanos here in Florida have similar and varying opinions from me on the subject. They all seem want to see Castro gone thouhh.

TiFeMb

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 08:25:34 AM »
Give 'em (Cuba) HannahMontana, The Jonas Bros, Spongebob & American Idol: They will fall into the clutches of Capitalism in a matter of months.

Seriously, the embargo is stupid. It's like arguing with a teenager: They will fight to the death just to be right, even if it means they suffer. Give 'em a taste of what we have & maybe a few happy meals & we will own them.

Puffin

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 12:20:25 AM »
I think it is but I'm not Cuban. Lifting the travel and remittance bans seem to be well recieved, but lifting the embargo will have to wait until Fidel kicks off.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

A random picture
Sorry, you need to be logged in to view the gallery
Portal Management Extension PortaMx™ v0.957 | PortaMx © 2008-2009 by PortaMx corp.