by gore range
[September 18, 2018, 01:14:50 AM]
Sad day
by NightmarePatrol
[September 17, 2018, 06:50:14 PM]
No Topic. Anything Goes.
by NightmarePatrol
[September 12, 2018, 02:39:09 PM]
Tell us how you hated 8 years of OBAMA and less than 2 years of TRUMP...
by gore range
[August 29, 2018, 09:28:05 PM]

Author Topic: * CLP REPORT *  (Read 2414261 times)

The Wraith

• Won't Go Away
  • Error never lies with facts but how they are used.
Re: * CLP REPORT *
« Reply #11385 on: August 27, 2018, 10:39:26 AM »
Give you the benefit of the doubt on the reported financials (those don't peak curiosity as they "are what they are"), but you continue to make assumptions about other issues which don't quite hit the mark. Repeating it enough times will not make it accurate. You still have not looked in the right places.

You are certainly free to produce an Op-Ed, or a media video and submit it for the local news media since they do not report the truth as you see it. It doesn't appear that your position or data has peaked the interest of a creditor, or caught the attention of the judge to necessitate a conversion to liquidation proceedings? I believe this is the sixth time I will ask you why that is....................

Just to clear up some other loose ends in your last post. The Ferris Wheel supposedly has already been secured. The word is that a friend of the park has already stepped in and made the purchase. Though until it is erected on the lake front, its just speculation. Also....

A few weeks ago part of the 618 parking lot was dug up. Possibly in an effort to expose the sewer and/or water lines from the road. Not sure if this was due to the Camperland expansion or the planned construction of the Dollar General store there. Also...

There is going to be a key member of the park possibly leaving. I haven't heard it directly from this person, but credible people have informed me it is true. And.....

The Bug has apparently broke something on the center pylon which will not allow it to run for possibly the rest of the season. Not like you can run to the hardware store for most of those parts. And...

The water tower has been "leaking" at different times during the season. There is speculation that it may not have actually sprung a leak, but that there has been - and continues to be - an overflow valve that opens when the tank gets full. The park is reported to be diverting water to keep it below the point it "leaks". On a side note about the tower, and its condition. A cell phone company allegedly approached the park about placing a cell transmission unit on top of the water tower. In exchange the company offered to rehabilitate the tower. The park is ALLEGED to have turned down the offer.

If anyone can confirm or dispel any of this information, feel free to comment. Just passing along the latest rumblings from the West Shore. 
“Is there any point in public debate in a society where hardly anyone has been taught how to think, while millions have been taught what to think?” ― Peter Hitchens

gore range

• Self Important Starfish
« Reply #11386 on: August 28, 2018, 12:29:41 AM »
... you continue to make assumptions about other issues which don't quite hit the mark. Repeating it enough times will not make it accurate. You still have not looked in the right places.

. . .
It doesn't appear that your position or data has peaked the interest of a creditor, or caught the attention of the judge to necessitate a conversion to liquidation proceedings? I believe this is the sixth time I will ask you why that is.

The Wraith

• Won't Go Away
« Reply #11387 on: August 28, 2018, 01:53:11 PM »
;D ;D ;D .... I don't hide from the fact that I know the reason why none of your treatises and information dumps here and other places have not been presented to the court for consideration that the reorganization plan may have failed. I just want to hear YOUR reasoning, POOH BAH. Are the creditors as guilty of ignoring facts as the media is (in your view)?

I am truly flattered that you keep my quotes in your database for easy recall when you don't want to answer a simple question. Glad to know I annoy you that much. LOL  When are we having a drink together?
“Is there any point in public debate in a society where hardly anyone has been taught how to think, while millions have been taught what to think?” ― Peter Hitchens

The Wraith

• Won't Go Away
« Reply #11388 on: August 28, 2018, 02:02:25 PM »
Oh, by the way. People not only complain about the Blue Streak, still come to ride the Blue Streak, but they also DONATE to the Blue Streak. Proud to be a member of this organization.

Courtesy of the Meadville Tribune

American Coaster Enthusiasts donate to Conneaut Lake Park's Blue Streak

Meadville Tribune

During  a visit to Conneaut Lake Park for a regional event Saturday, American  Coaster Enthusiasts (ACE) announced a donation of $7,000 for the purpose  of maintenance on the park’s venerable Blue Streak roller coaster.

This  is one of several contributions that ACE has made to the park. In 2010,  Blue Streak was recognized as an ACE Roller Coaster Landmark — a  recognition reserved for rides of the most historical significance — and  a historical marker was presented along with a $10,000 donation that  helped with restoration allowing the ride to reopen later that year.

Bill  Linkenheimer of Pittsburgh, a past president of the enthusiast  organization and now a representative for its western Pennsylvania  region, was on hand for the presentation and expressed hope that thedonation  will inspire community leaders and local businesses to lend support to  the nonprofit park in the form of underwriting and sponsorship.

“With its historic rides, modest prices and access to a free beach, Conneaut Lake  Park is a true public treasure,” Linkenheimer said. “As with museums  and symphony orchestras, ticket revenue isn’t enough and contributions  such as this are instrumental to the success of the park and the  region.”

“Conneaut Lake Park has always been such a  vital link in the tourism of the area, bringing visitors from all over  to visit,” said Dave Hahner, historian for ACE. “Blue Streak is such an  integral part of the popularity of the park. ACE is proud to help  support this classic coaster, one of only two remaining designed by  Pittsburgh native Edward Vettel.”

jimmyt

« Reply #11389 on: August 28, 2018, 09:22:23 PM »
Give you the benefit of the doubt on the reported financials (those don't peak curiosity as they "are what they are"), but you continue to make assumptions about other issues which don't quite hit the mark. Repeating it enough times will not make it accurate. You still have not looked in the right places.

You are certainly free to produce an Op-Ed, or a media video and submit it for the local news media since they do not report the truth as you see it. It doesn't appear that your position or data has peaked the interest of a creditor, or caught the attention of the judge to necessitate a conversion to liquidation proceedings? I believe this is the sixth time I will ask you why that is....................

Just to clear up some other loose ends in your last post. The Ferris Wheel supposedly has already been secured. The word is that a friend of the park has already stepped in and made the purchase. Though until it is erected on the lake front, its just speculation. Also....

A few weeks ago part of the 618 parking lot was dug up. Possibly in an effort to expose the sewer and/or water lines from the road. Not sure if this was due to the Camperland expansion or the planned construction of the Dollar General store there. Also...

There is going to be a key member of the park possibly leaving. I haven't heard it directly from this person, but credible people have informed me it is true. And.....

The Bug has apparently broke something on the center pylon which will not allow it to run for possibly the rest of the season. Not like you can run to the hardware store for most of those parts. And...

The water tower has been "leaking" at different times during the season. There is speculation that it may not have actually sprung a leak, but that there has been - and continues to be - an overflow valve that opens when the tank gets full. The park is reported to be diverting water to keep it below the point it "leaks". On a side note about the tower, and its condition. A cell phone company allegedly approached the park about placing a cell transmission unit on top of the water tower. In exchange the company offered to rehabilitate the tower. The park is ALLEGED to have turned down the offer.

If anyone can confirm or dispel any of this information, feel free to comment. Just passing along the latest rumblings from the West Shore. 

I believe, based on the location of the excavation on 618 it has more to do with Camperland than Dollar General and appears to be sewer, judging from the pipe type
the water tower situation (leak/valve?) has caused the water operator to increase pressure on the lines, which is causing a few of the old lines to burst....they did the other end of Comstock already, doing my end as soon as the one call is marked....
since I am still gainfully employed by a major telecommunications company, I cannot comment on the cell tower other than to say, it is an ideal site, and it has been bantered about before....why they would turn it down is beyond me....I know a friend who had a tower placed at his place of business near the Saegertown exit on 79, and the rent put his kids thru college....

gore range

« Reply #11390 on: August 29, 2018, 10:09:57 AM »
re:

.... good to know..

re:

....it’s a free country.

Posters are certainly free to make things up to flatter themselves falsely thinking they are uniquely special , and are being annoying, all they want.

The reality is, in the event of hypocrisy raising its trolling head, a decades-ago publicly-procured copy of the now the antiquated technical-trilobite, de-classified, surplus, and decommissioned 1960s cold war  SAC Program Assisted Collection Evaluation and Review (PACER) mass data archiving application was easily upgraded with just a few relatively simple coding changes into new hardware  -

.... to autonomously collect, collate, file, and archive all comments of select social media posters’ in an easy to query data base for a variety of research/historical reference purposes. Currently the re-purposed cold war PACER application contains 717 files.

.....The Wraith
[/]’s hard earned tax dollars in action. Much appreciated :thumbsup: .

re:

Thanks for asking....

....I’m thinking when ever I drive 1,500 miles and might find myself in the humorous mood to sit down with a flaming, baiting, hypocritical troll who makes things up.

gore range

« Reply #11391 on: August 29, 2018, 09:46:47 PM »

....not even so much as a peep in the local press:

The Wraith

• Won't Go Away
« Reply #11392 on: August 30, 2018, 12:37:09 PM »
Someone's butt hurt...... LOL   

On most pages a post like that would get you banned and the post removed, but it's all good! Your post speaks for itself..... stay classy!!

BUT, it does remind me of a recent diagnosis from one of the original posters on this message board. Shame you had to dis the queen. Seems that old picture of happy friends on the Kaylee Belle may not be accurate these days.

Invitation for the drink will always be on the table, because its nothing personal, its a conversation.

Let's see...it's well documented.. if someone posts an opinion, they are criticized by Gore.

If some posts an interesting article, they and their article are criticized by Gore.

If someone has a moral or theological basis for a viewpoint....

If they have no moral or theological basis for their view...

And on and on it continues... well documented.

Now I am using the word, criticized, but I am also referring to being laughed at, being mocked and generally berated for replying, participating, for existing, for thinking, for being. For trying and succeeding. For trying and failing.

Well documented responses to posts for over a decade. Hmmm..

Many lurk here, true, but don't participate, like it was years ago. Hmmmm....

A trend? Hmmm...

This forum is down to a handful of people who participate, from what it was, and from what Hey Martha was, years ago. That's sad, and the forum not much fun.

Having our human failings and inconsistencies constantly pointed out and thrown in back in our faces is very dysfunctional behavior, as I learned recently from a psychologist friend, whom, yes, I asked about such behavior.

Bringing up a post from 2016? Geez. You need to hike a 14-teener, Gore. Or go for a bike ride. Or talk to a stranger while eating your soup. Or donate soup to a food pantry.

Humans and human thought, even King Cheeto, are fluid. We ARE NOT consistent beings - we change with time, with needs, our adaptability, our brilliance and our stupidity, is what make us human.

So, dear, feel free to have at it. Laugh at me. Mock me. It's all well documented already but you're welcome to put more of your time into doing so.

The Wraith

• Won't Go Away
« Reply #11393 on: August 30, 2018, 01:01:44 PM »
On a completely "unrelated" topic, this seems to have gone unnoticed or ignored by interested parties. These things all fit together like puzzle pieces. Procedural gymnastics.....

The most recent act:
County leaders may act on Crawford Business Park lien

By Keith Gushard
Meadville Tribune
August 23, 2018

County commissioners may act next week on eliminating a $779,000 county-held lien on the Crawford Business Park owned by the county's lead economic development agency.

Jim Becker, executive director of the Economic Progress Alliance of Crawford County, asked commissioners Wednesday to consider removing its first lien position on the property because it can be cumbersome in trying to sell property.

It became a timing and position issue with the recent sale of some property to Acutec Precision Aerospace for its expansion, Becker said.

The Economic Progress Alliance owns the land but requires a partial release of the county's $779,000 mortgage on the entire business park each time it goes to sell land.

The county-held mortgage comes due if the business park ever is sold to a for-profit business. Otherwise, partial releases of the mortgage are needed to sell off small portions of land.

"The headache that we truly have when it comes to doing these different projects and financing them is every time we deal with a new bank, or a new lender at a bank, or a new position created at the state within the Pennsylvania Industrial Development Authority, we have to rehash this whole history — and the whole process of how we got to where we're at now," Becker said.

There are about 30 companies at the business park with hundreds of employees and it has been a success story during its 30-year history, Becker said.

Crawford County became first position on a mortgage on the property in the late 1980s when county government loaned the Economic Progress Alliance’s predecessor agencies $900,000 to purchase the closed former Avtex Fibers Inc. synthetic fibers manufacturing plant and surrounding land. The manufacturing plant site was converted into the business park.

County commissioners indicated they were in agreement that they didn't want to impede progress in job creation projects, and removal of the lien would help the alliance with marketing other areas of the park.

Commissioners are expected to take action the lien at their meeting next week.

Link: http://www.meadvilletribune.com/news/county-leaders-may-act-on-crawford-business-park-lien/article_4a5b14aa-a660-11e8-92f4-3712065d61c6.html

The back story:
Economic Progress Alliance land won't be sold to pay off tax debt

By Keith Gushard
Sep 3, 2014

More than 80 acres of undeveloped land owned by the Economic Progress Alliance of Crawford County won’t be sold for overdue property taxes on a decade-old tax debt originally owed by a now-defunct auto parts maker.

The EPACC recently paid a total of $135,229.04 in delinquent property taxes plus interest and penalties dating from 2004 — a debt that originally was owed by the former Andover Industries Inc.

Andover Industries Inc. leased space from EPACC at the Crawford Business Park for auto parts manufacturing, but the company went bankrupt in 2005. The unpaid taxes are for one year, 2004, according to the Crawford County Tax Claim Bureau.

In early August, two undeveloped parcels at the Crawford Business Park in Vernon Township — one for 74.68 acres off South Mosiertown Road and the other for 13.6 acres on Rogers Ferry Road — were posted to be sold at Crawford County’s annual tax upset sale to be conducted by the Crawford County Tax Claim Bureau on Sept. 26.

Tenants who lease space at the Crawford Business Park are obligated to pay their taxes as part of their lease while the EPACC pays taxes on common space in the park, according to Mark Turner, the EPACC’s executive director.

In an Aug. 6 Tribune story about the tax debt posting, Turner said Andover didn’t pay its taxes in 2004, leaving the EPACC with the tax debt plus $250,000 in rent debt at the time of the company’s demise. Crawford County then put a lien on the Crawford Business Park for Andover’s unpaid 2004 property taxes, Turner said.

When what was the first of Andover’s space to be leased to a new tenant, Acutec Precision Machining, the EPACC sought state funding for the project but couldn’t get the funding with the lien on the site, according to Turner.

The EPACC then worked with the county to move the tax lien on the former Andover space to the undeveloped land in a collateral swap, according to Turner.

A total of $135,229.04 in taxes, interest and penalties was owed to the county, Crawford Central School District and Vernon Township on the two properties.

Each property owed a total $67,614.52 — but only $33,131.48 of each total was for unpaid taxes for 2004. The remaining $34,483.04 on each was from accumulated interest, penalties and costs, according to the Tax Claim Bureau.

The EPACC had requested the county consider forgiving the penalties and interest owed on the property.

However, under Pennsylvania’s County Code, the county doesn’t have the authority to waive interest or penalties for overdue taxes, according to county commissioners.

In a posting on the EPACC’s Facebook page the agency wrote that “the Board of the EPACC decided to commit almost all of its reserves to satisfy the total amount due of $135,229.04.”

“We think it is also important to note that neither the Economic Progress Alliance nor any of its predecessor organizations have ever defaulted on any of their obligations, taxes or otherwise,” the posting said. “Currently, developments owned and managed by the Economic Progress Alliance generate more than $250,000 in property taxes each year in Crawford County, and support close to 2,000 tax generating jobs in our community.”

Link: http://www.meadvilletribune.com/news/local_news/economic-progress-alliance-land-won-t-be-sold-to-pay/article_3872047c-3320-11e4-bed2-001a4bcf887a.html
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 01:20:34 PM by The Wraith »

gore range

« Reply #11394 on: August 30, 2018, 01:41:05 PM »

The Wraith

• Won't Go Away
« Reply #11395 on: September 05, 2018, 10:56:36 PM »
Work has begun on the water tower. All I can say is that the guys working on it don't seem to be one big happy family. Heard a unique way to fire someone and kick them off the job site. Hope the work is better than their relationship.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 11:08:28 PM by The Wraith »

bluebomber

• Definately Not Leaving
« Reply #11396 on: September 06, 2018, 06:33:10 PM »
They were working on it this past weekend. There is a crack being repaired and the workers noted that the tower structure is in good shape and should last for a long time once repaired. I found that surprising because of how it looks.

Amidala

Squirrels In Hats

• Definately Not Leaving
« Reply #11398 on: September 11, 2018, 12:04:50 AM »
Why’s there such an apparent obsession with trying to discredit Gore Range? It’s exhausting.
Blue: Glad to hear the old tank is not beyond repair. I couldn’t imagine the lake skyline with one of those modern tanks. My niece always said the one in our town looked like an alien spaceship.
"The idea is that there is a kind of memory in nature. Each kind of thing has a collective memory. So, take a squirrel living in New York now. That squirrel is being influenced by all past squirrels."  -Rupert Sheldrake

MrRol

• Runs With Scissors
« Reply #11399 on: September 11, 2018, 03:21:01 PM »
And in other news...

https://triblive.com/aande/moreaande/14065193-74/kennywood-idlewild-earn-fan-favorite-golden-ticket-awards

The Golden Ticket Awards are a joke!  If you read how the parks are voted for, you'll understand.  I've been to many parks across the U.S. and Idlewild is not the premier children park it once was.  On Facebook reviews CLP is actually rated better than Idlewild and Kennywood.  Also you can checkout fan Facebbok accounts too.  https://www.facebook.com/groups/868726846527083/
Pages: 1 ... 755 756 757 758 759 [760] 761 762   Go Up

A random picture
Sorry, you need to be logged in to view the gallery
Portal Management Extension PortaMx™ v0.957 | PortaMx © 2008-2009 by PortaMx corp.