by gore range
[December 04, 2018, 08:37:38 AM]
* CLP REPORT *
by IC2ITUC
[November 30, 2018, 08:01:38 AM]
Holiday start
by IC2ITUC
[November 28, 2018, 11:40:53 AM]

Author Topic: * CLP REPORT *  (Read 2763237 times)

gore range

• Self Important Starfish
Re: * CLP REPORT *
« Reply #11370 on: July 30, 2018, 01:11:05 PM »
why none of that has  been presented to the court

Bull

• Apparantly Not Leaving
« Reply #11371 on: July 31, 2018, 02:52:57 PM »
Hello everyone,

I know recently there has been some talk of the old timers, i figured I would check in.

I have been around since the early days of "Hey Martha" 

I don't post much anymore because I have a wonderful 12 year old daughter now, darn kids seem to take up a lot time  ;D

I haven't been to the park in probably about 8 years, after my daughter outgrew kiddie land, there simply wasn't much for her to do. 

I used to be one of the old volunteers WAY back in the day, but as I said wife and family kinda got in the way of that.

Hope everyone is doing well!

I might be around more that my daughter is getting older!

The Wraith

• Won't Go Away
  • Error never lies with facts but how they are used.
« Reply #11372 on: August 01, 2018, 11:57:53 AM »
Welcome back, Bull! Don't be a stranger...
“Is there any point in public debate in a society where hardly anyone has been taught how to think, while millions have been taught what to think?” ― Peter Hitchens

gore range

« Reply #11373 on: August 01, 2018, 01:38:16 PM »
....the genuine, bona fide Conneaut Lake park trust, for the public-

....written in stone ;) ....

Squirrels In Hats

• Definately Not Leaving
« Reply #11374 on: August 05, 2018, 02:04:38 AM »
This year’s Ghost Lake event has been announced via ghostlake.net

They tout it “Largest Halloween attraction in the world.” seems to be somewhat of a lofty claim.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
"The idea is that there is a kind of memory in nature. Each kind of thing has a collective memory. So, take a squirrel living in New York now. That squirrel is being influenced by all past squirrels."  -Rupert Sheldrake

gore range

« Reply #11375 on: August 05, 2018, 11:36:45 PM »
....the semantics of bragging rights ....

....the irony is not lost that Ohio-based GHOST LAKE operator Mid America Events will generate more net profit revenue for Mid America Events in just one evening of GHOST LAKE operations than the park has generated in the last quarter of a century.

For the newer readers, Mid America Events, of Canfield Ohio, pays the park a flat fee to lease portions of the park where Mid America Events sets up their haunted attractions and operates GHOST LAKE.

Another telling irony is while filming a television pilot show on saving run down amusement parks in 2013, a television production company built and gifted to the park the Hostile Hostel attraction on the park’s midway to claim the new feature will bring the crowds back to the park. After filming the pilot TV show concluded, the park promptly closed the Haunted Hostel because the park could not afford to operate the free gifted-to-the-park attraction. The midway haunted attraction has remained shuttered each summer season since, and is only opened by Mid America Event during their post-summer season GHOST LAKE operations.
[/]

gore range

« Reply #11376 on: August 18, 2018, 09:31:27 AM »
....social media reports the park has painted the Little Dipper train- 

For newer readers, the Little Dipper is claimed to be the “the oldest operating steel coaster in the country”.

The Wraith

• Won't Go Away
« Reply #11377 on: August 21, 2018, 12:26:32 PM »
This picture was provided by a concerned reader. It is labeled as being posted within the last 24 hours on social media. The ride was recently painted and reupholstered. Factually, of course.
“Is there any point in public debate in a society where hardly anyone has been taught how to think, while millions have been taught what to think?” ― Peter Hitchens

gore range

« Reply #11378 on: August 21, 2018, 02:24:16 PM »
Saturday August 18 was National Roller Coast Day.

The park gave gift souvenir Blue Streak-engraved sun glasses to the first 50 Blue Streak riders of the day.

A social media poster shared her National Roller Coaster Day Blue Streak observations -

[/]

gore range

« Reply #11379 on: August 23, 2018, 11:16:55 AM »
....social media pix showing he condition of the last operating Blue Streak train, August 2018-

« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 11:53:03 AM by gore range »

The Wraith

• Won't Go Away
« Reply #11380 on: August 23, 2018, 03:30:51 PM »
And yet people still come to the park and ride it.............. Can't please everyone.

PS - the old headlights have always been an issue with these trains no matter what park they run at.

Park After Dark - Last weekend. Was a two to three train wait most of the weekend. And yes, this was taken by me personally.

gore range

« Reply #11381 on: August 23, 2018, 06:14:25 PM »
....quite true. People are still coming to ride.

Tho, per the park’s most recent financial statements filed with the bankruptcy court by the park, the park’s 2018 cash sales revenues are down 23% percent from last year’s park’s cash sale thru the same period.

In deed, people are still coming. Today is the park’s third unscheduled $5-wrist band Thrilling Thursday of the season at the park, in addition to the four scheduled  $5-wristband Sundays this year.

gore range

« Reply #11382 on: August 24, 2018, 08:28:24 PM »

gore range

« Reply #11383 on: August 25, 2018, 12:55:48 AM »
....a representative example of the bulk of the comments  regarding the JET 24 park “news report’   posted on the various CLP social media sites:

gore range

« Reply #11384 on: August 27, 2018, 09:00:23 AM »
re:

For the newer readers, as noted by several astute CLP social media posters, every year there are various ‘news stories’ in the local press allegedly reporting’ allegedly how well the park is performing. Yet the ‘news reporters’ are documented herein  as never checking those claims against the park’s own financial reports which the park is required to  file with the bankruptcy court to verify the alleged claims- the park’s bankruptcy case court filings are readily available to the press and public on line at the US Court documents web site.

As factually documented herein, the park’s own figures contained in the park’s own financial statements filed with the court by the park are a stark contradiction to what the park shares with the local press to ‘report’ regarding how well the park is allegedly performing. 

Per the park’s most recent official financial statements filed with the bankruptcy court by the park, the park’s 2018 cash sales revenues are down 23% percent from last year’s park’s cash sales thru the same period last year.

Interestingly, of note, while JET 24 TV reports the park announced big attendance number this season, there are no attendance increase figures provided in the ‘news report’.

And then, the JET 24 TV video clearly depicts the park void of patrons, while the park is clearly open for business on a lovely summer afternoon in the video.

Time will tell how the park 2018 ends for the park. The park could officially report to the court it  had a substantial financial turn around as the 2018 season winds down, and the park may indeed generate enough net profit to be able obtain a used Ferris wheel for the park lake front in 2018.

Per the park’s own figures contained in the park’s own financial statements which the park has reported to the bankruptcy court, the park needs to clear over $4 million in profit- that is $4+ million above and beyond making enough money to pay the 2018 operating costs, to break even on the park’s continuing to increase debt. Of note for newer readers, even with the revenues realized from the completion of all the lake front surplus lots, the park’s debt is currently higher than when it filed for bankruptcy in December of 2014, and per the tax bodies’ attorney’s most recent report to the court, the park has yet to pay off its back property tax debt which the park stated it would pay off by March of 2017 thru selling of the ‘surplus’ lake front lots.

A random picture
Sorry, you need to be logged in to view the gallery
Portal Management Extension PortaMx™ v0.957 | PortaMx © 2008-2009 by PortaMx corp.