by gore range
[Yesterday at 05:58:19 PM]
More on climate change
by Amidala
[December 11, 2018, 12:31:16 PM]
....bang bang....
by gore range
[December 04, 2018, 08:37:38 AM]

Author Topic: The Obama Administration  (Read 473020 times)

gore range

• Self Important Starfish
Re: The Obama Administration
« Reply #2040 on: December 23, 2013, 08:53:05 PM »
The claim was made that true unemployment is far higher than the official figure. The implication: Things are worse now than in pre-Obama times. Otherwise there was no reason at all to mention the issue...

....just can't get any frickin' sillier....

Jayhawk

• Won't Go Away
« Reply #2041 on: December 25, 2013, 03:25:35 PM »

No fact-based argument in response, just calls everything or everyone he disagrees with silly.

gore range

« Reply #2042 on: December 25, 2013, 08:23:51 PM »

No fact-based argument in response, just calls everything or everyone he disagrees with silly.

….thanks for sharing, Hon  ….

….talk about beating a dead holiday equid….

….OK, I’ll bite….

….we’ll endeavor to explain it so that even Helen Keller can see what is going on, and she’s been ground temperature for two score and five years now….,

….to readers with even a median third grade reading comprehension level, there clearly is only one party in this …..‘dialog’,  that has continually presented official, documented Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor,  finalized facts

(….and, Janet-

….you might want to stop reading here and close this thread to maintain your Christmas spirit, as we’re about loosen the restraints of being polite, and slide over the first hill of the mental Blue Streak responding to 
Jayhawks continued utter silliness)

….and then, there is the second party who-

…. has been pulling fabricated crap out of the over-inflated libertard hot air balloon and endeavoring to pass such along as substantiated fact, glaringly void of any actual factual documentation other their perceived misinterpretation of the official documented facts, fabrications which clearly flies squarely in the face of the actual official Obama administration governmental facts showing labor force participation is lower now than it has been in decades (v.s.
- Jayhawk’s status quo” , all the while denying the documented reality of those very government facts ….

The claim was made that true unemployment is far higher than the official figure. The implication: Things are worse now than in pre-Obama times. Otherwise there was no reason at all to mention the issue...
….let’s be absolutely clear-

…. in spite of the obviously politically corrected effort to redefine documented facts as a politically-advantageous “claim” –

….there was no “claim” ….

….it is a documented Obama administration Department Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics fact that the official unemployment figure, those who unemployed, currently on the unemployment roles, and currently looking for work, is a little over 7% of the entire labor force, was linked in the initial posting herein, and-….

…likewise, it is a documented Obama administration Department Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics fact that the official total unemployment figure (the aforementioned U-6 number), which includes the 7% noted above, plus those who are unemployed, and are no longer listed on the unemployment roles, and are no longer looking for employment, is currently at a little over 14% of the entire labor force, as clearly linked in the initial posting herein….

….now any median second grade arithmetic student can confirm that 14% is in fact a higher amount than 7%, in fact, double for the arithmetically-challenged  politically correcting and historically revisionistic....

….thems is just the documented facts, not some mentally-abstract crap pulled out of an uninformed politically correct fetid plum piehole….

....on the other hand-

....I had a good Christmas chuckle this afternoon, rather coincidental  due to 
Jayhawk’s continued utterly failed politically corrected silliness-

….I was out and about on the mile-high 21-speed tooling around the rather quiet holiday suburban byways enjoying our Christmas day mid-50s temps and clear, azured-sky mile high sunshine….

….as I do daily, I stopped in at a convenience shop along the way
, owned and operated by my Ethiopian legal immigrants buddies, to snag a lotto ticket and the day’s Denver Post , then-

....I  saw the local big-box buffet establishment was open today, and decided to stop in to have some holiday pecan pie and soft serve ice cream while leisurely reading the paper…..

….I enjoy reading the paper thoroughly from front page to back page, even though the Denver Post is a completely biased liberal rag, from front page to back page; it's the mental mechanics and not the message….

….the usually extremely liberally-biased  Denver Post printed an editorial today commending the state on the positive growth of the Colorado economy, as compared to the lagging national economy, you know- the one that 6 years down the pike is still Bush’s fault
;) ….

….the Denver Post spoke proudly of Colorado’s economic growth since the recession, citing numerous examples of how we are doing much, much  better than the national economy….

…imagine my delight when towards the end of the editorial I read the following paragraph in the liberal-rag
Denver Post:

….”For that matter, even the positive economic news of late, both in Colorado and nationally, may be masking a long-term jobs trend with disturbing implications. The labor-force participation rate — the percent of Americans who have a job or are looking for one — has fallen sharply in recent years, and it's now lower than at any point in more than three decades.
Unless the figure rebounds, future economic growth will be suppressed and entitlement programs will be even more difficult to fund than they now look to be
But that's a sobering discussion for another day, not Christmas

…imagine that-

….a liberal Christmas present to the guy who-

… just calls everything or everyone he disagrees with silly.

….of course, once again-

….all of which has absolutely nothing to do with the original posting:

….it just can’t can’t get any sillier…..

….take money out of the pocketbooks of disabled vets, of which they have been promised and have earned
, to pay for welfare for illegal immigrants…..

….currently, the number of illegal immigrants in the US i
s 18-20 million  (the total population of Delaware, South Dakota, Alaska, North Dakota, Vermont, Washington, DC, and Wyoming! :o )

.…currently, actual unemployment is at
14%  , not 7%.....

(edited: the National Debt Clock link died since the original post, so I included it here as to not further befuddle the hyperbolic
Jayhawk: http://www.usdebtclock.org/ )

….and the administration is looking to at double the number of low-wage immigrants coming into the country ....

….so goes the simple mathematics of low information voters….

....you are so screwed
:-\ ....

….just can’t get any sillier….

« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 01:23:07 AM by gore range »

gore range

« Reply #2043 on: December 26, 2013, 03:41:38 PM »
....just so reassuring to have heard the President's once again repeated promise that der Jayhawk's-

.... taxes won't go up one thin dime
under Obamercare ;) ....

gore range

« Reply #2044 on: December 26, 2013, 07:34:01 PM »
....great employment-figure news for the Obamerites -

....the most recent monthly unemployment figure of 7% is about to drop significantly,  to aprx 6.6% next month....

1.3 million workers are about to move off the current official unemployment roles ....

.... though-

....Aldo Svaldi and Allison Sherry report in today's liberal-rag Denver Post
, in their article on the near 73,000 Coloradans moving off the current state unemployment roles, that:

"... the rate of long-term unemployment nationally  remains twice as high as when extended benefits were last shut off in  December 2003.

There are 2.9 job seekers for every opening versus a  1-to-1 ratio in  a robust market, and a rising  sense that labor  markets have undergone a fundamental and unfavorable shift.

"Colorado's  economy is on the mend, but the situation is still dire for people who  have been without a job for an extended period," notes the Colorado  Fiscal Institute.

Bank of the West chief economist Scott Anderson  also predicts a wider economic hit that could drag down next year's   gross domestic product growth rate by   0.2 to 0.4 percentage points and  reduce potential employment by 240,000..."

...really pathetic Gore has:

...No fact-based argument in response, just calls everything or everyone he disagrees with silly.

....just can't get any sillier....

Jayhawk

• Won't Go Away
« Reply #2045 on: December 27, 2013, 03:18:48 PM »
…likewise, it is a documented Obama administration Department Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics fact that the official total unemployment figure (the aforementioned U-6 number), which includes the 7% noted above, plus those who are unemployed, and are no longer listed on the unemployment roles, and are no longer looking for employment, is currently at a little over 14% of the entire labor force, as clearly linked in the initial posting herein….

….now any median second grade arithmetic student can confirm that 14% is in fact a higher amount than 7%, in fact, double for the arithmetically-challenged  politically correcting and historically revisionistic....
If you'd taken a moment to read anything before sending another "this is silly" autoreply, you would see that i have no disagreement with these figures. The stats clearly show that if you add these classes of workers, unemployment is 7 percentage points higher.

But if you are using this particular information to say that things are worse under this administration than ever before, then you must consider what the adjusted figures would have been for past time periods, too.

It's like saying you have $1,000 in the bank today but $200 in unpaid bills. A year ago you had $1,000 in the bank, so you surely were better off then.

But did you have any unpaid bills back then? Probably did. You have to calculate last year's net worth by considering any bills due back then if you are going to compare the now and then figures. That's all i'm saying.

gore range

« Reply #2046 on: December 27, 2013, 09:39:43 PM »
….just can’t get any sillier :D ….

If you'd taken a moment to read anything before…

….thanx for, sharing, Hon....

....but, clearly-

…. Gore is not the one who is not taking time to read anything….

… But if you are using this particular information to say that things are worse under this administration than ever before…

….and to absolutely no surprise…… what so ever, of course-

…. Gore didn’t say one thing about “…things are worse under this administration than ever before

….at all….

….nada….zip….ziltch….nil….

….nor even endeavored to imply such....

….it was solely
Jayhawk who said such, trying to put those words in Gore’s mouth, which were never said, and-

….and then Jayhawk endeavored[/]to struggle in arguing with Gore over things Gore never said, while swooping like a jay charging at imagined Quixote-esque wind mills without benefit of any documented facts, fabricating obscure, underhanded “if you” references to things that have nothing to do with reality nor exists, without a single drop of substance….….

….now-

....pay attention,here-

....perhaps take notes....

....we’ll be very clear here for the low information voters laboring with reading sub-standard reading comprehension skills-

.... this is what Gore said, no more, no less:

….1.) the Obama administration is proposing to cut contracted, promised, and earned disability benefits to combat-wounded military members, at the same time-

…. 2.) the Obama administration is proposing adding additional  welfare benefits  be made available to illegal  aliens….

….3.)  and that the current  number of illegal aliens in the US, depending on sourcing,  ranges from  18 to 20 million, a number which is more than the total population of all the population of states of Delaware, South Dakota, Alaska, North Dakota, Vermont, Washington, DC, and Wyoming….

….4.)   a threshold reference point was then made by stating that currently 14% of the national labor force is unemployed….

….Gore made no statement what so ever comparing such to any  unemployment figures of years past, and clearly Gore didn’t make one reference to “how bad things are now", but-

….with 14 % of the national labor force currently out of work-

....the point of the original post is-

….A.) many of those unemployed workers are in that unfortunate non-work black-hole status due to a significant  number of illegal  aliens  taking available jobs away from those legal citizen workers, and-

…B.) many of those unemployed workers are in fact illegal  aliens, who are now in line to gain even more welfare benefits than they are currently receiving, while-

….C.)  the administration desires to cut the disability payments and medical care to wounded American war veterans…

….then, in addition to and on top of that politically correct discontinuity -

….D.) the administration wants to grant entry of an additional  30 million legal immigrants, on top of the legal 10 million immigrants already  entering the country, where, -

… 14% of the national work force, one out of every 7 workers, is out of work

….a pertinent  side note:

....official U-6 numbers show  total unemployment in California is hovering at 16%,
one out of every six workers is out of work;

….20% in LA, one out of every five workers is not employed….

….18% in Nevada, one out of every five and a half workers can't find a job ….

….16% in Arizona  ….
http://www.bls.gov/lau/stalt.htm

....of course, according to the hawking jays of the politically nested-

....things are not much different than they were in the past, and the status quo is being maintained rather nicely....

….as often noted herein, it is a free country-

….freedom of choice-

….Pepsi or Coke….

….[/]
Jayhawk is free to see imagined ball peen hammers where everybody else is seeing Pepsi or Coke, and-

….
Jayhawk is free to try and put words in other’s mouths which were never said in order to argue with Jayhawk ‘s delusional politically correcting self….

….Gore spent a career in the military defending
Jayhawk’s  constitutional right to waller about on distant lower end  the bell curve, and Gore supports Jayhawk’s  decision 100% without reservation….

….we have noticed, however, and at the risk of appearing as if we are putting words in
Jayhawk’s   otherwise miss-speaking mouth, that in all of Jayhawk’s  imagined arguing with Jayhawk’s  fabricated delusions of what was not actually said, that-

…..
Jayhawk has not remotely  addressed the actual topic of the original post-

….that the Obama administration desires to literally screw wounded war veterans out of their duly earned and deserved disability benefits, actually taking money out of combat-wounded veterans’ pockets, while-

…. at the same time-

…. desiring to increase welfare benefits to illegal immigrants,  while-

….at the same time quadruple the number of immigrants coming to the USA….

….I was about to say-

….‘now, just how silly is that?’....

….but then, of course-

….it can’t get any frickin' sillier …..

….unless you are a politically hawking jay ;D ….

Jayhawk

• Won't Go Away
« Reply #2047 on: December 28, 2013, 07:54:12 AM »
I'm not gonna bother to wade through all your latest drivel. I'll just treat it as one big ellipsis and skip past.

Way back, you wrote that it doesn't get any sillier (silly being = bad in your book) than what them there Dems and Obama is doing with veteran benefits and failure to close immigration loopholes. And now -- get this -- they want to double the number of low-wage immigrants coming into the country.

In conjunction with this, you cited a claim by some group of former border agents who say there probably are twice as many illegals as Homeland Security figures show. (Apparently these people have better means of counting them as civilians now that they're off the clock than when they were actually working for HS counting them.)

In the middle of babbling about how them wetbacks is takin' all our jobs, you raised the point that the true unemployment figure is twice what the official number is.

Fair enough. The adjusted figure probably IS correct. But it's probably been a parallel/higher number for decades.  So when you're using that to support your argument that there aren't enough jobs left in the U S of A for them 'legals, the real deal is that there's no more of a percentage shortage of jobs now than there ever was.

So to throw that unemployment factoid into your argument against immigrants is... well, silly.

Lifetime

• Honk if you've not seen a gun fired from a Harley
« Reply #2048 on: December 28, 2013, 08:08:06 AM »
….1.) the Obama administration is proposing to cut contracted, promised, and earned disability benefits to combat-wounded military members,

I don't know everything on this subject but... did serve and am disabled. This is what I have found... I have found NO Veteran who has any written contract or promise to go beyond just the care of SERVICE CONNECTED DISABILITIES.

I mean... the VA originally was to care for the maladies caused by the service... that is the cake. Now the implied icing... Monies to be paid to the Veteran for levels of disability, monies paid to his spouse and college money for their children. These are "extras" added to the base. Now... what we are talking about is the COLA that is ADDED to the disability (depending on % of disability/retirement). It is a cut in the COLA...not the disability payments themselves.... It will be .5% instead of 1.5%. Don't get me wrong... I believe this was a wrong added to many in order to balance the budget on the backs of Veterans and their families. There were other places that should have been cut before this one. This is the VA.... maybe a harder look should have been on the DOD... Expensive planes not even in service yet and being parked in desert graveyards and scrapped.... MRAPS being left behind in the "Sandbox" with no attempt to ship them home or to units in need stationed elsewhere. Those planes were many BILLIONS of dollars and not used and the MRAPS were $550,000 per. This bill cuts the Disabled Retirees $6 billion over I think 10 years. Just thos 2 DOD items I mentioned would have saved 10 times that. Veterans are an easy target.

Here is what everyone SHOULD be looking at... Did you ever hear of "Concurrent Receipt"? Well it seems the Veterans haven't heard of it let alone what it is or how to get rid of it. Concurrent Receipt is the action of RETIRED Veterans getting their retirement. In the meantime, they were found to be disabled and compensible. In the beginning.. they could get their retirement money but... the monies from their disabilities were awarded in the form of an OFFSET. Example... if you got $2000/mo. retirement and were found to be say... 40% disabled and married. You would get $641.28 in disability. Instead of the money for the disability AND your retirement... you still got $2000 but $641.28 of that was made tax free. These bills are HR303 and HR333. They are entered/renewed every congress to include this last 113th... and has been for several Congretional sessions. It is being "phased" out and eventually there WILL be payment of both the retirement AND the Disability but.... in the meantime... veterans and their families wait for this correction and some die waiting. I feel if our Government thought this was wrong in the first place...why phase it in as opposed to just doing the right thing and give 100% of both.  Now multiply approx $640 per month ( minus the tax break) times 12... That is a loss of about $7500/year...not the $3700/year the COLA would cost each on the high end. In reality... some Veterans are being screwed to the tune of... :o  $11,200/year in the end.

I do Legislative work for Veterans, serving on Congressional Veterans Advisories as well as Regional VA Advisories. I go to many Veteran meetings at the local, District and State level and when I tell THEM this.... I get a glazed disinterested look. I ask them to contact THEIR Legislators on this and as far as I have found, over the years.... they make little effort.

My point is this... if the Veterans and those who SAY they are in their corner, don't get their heads out of their "dufflebags"... they will continue to be the feedbag for our political/economic piranha... looking for the cut to start the feast. And if they think this is bad.... they should see what the CBO has been proposing for them. If you are a Veteran... I say... be afraid... be very afraid. But... if you want to help... get your ass involved. Even if a particular issue doesn't affect you... you are still Veterans. Back all or none. Get involved ... not just a card carrying member of a Club who's issues are mainly BEER, BULLSHIT and BINGO. Go to the meetings and get a bit dirty..press the issues and DO SOMETHING about them instead of sitting on your asses and complaining.

We need to know the real issues...all the issues...not just the "pretty ones". Parades are nice (never cared for them) and a backslap is encouraging but remember this... a slap on the back is about 3 feet higher than a kick in the ass. I want to leave you with the wisdom from a man who lived over 100 years ago... He wrote this poem and it fits today as it did then...

Tommy

I WENT into a public 'ouse to get a pint o'beer,  The publican 'e up an' sez, ``We serve no red-coats here.''  The girls be'ind the bar they laughed an' giggled fit to die,  I outs into the street again an' to myself sez I:

O it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' ``Tommy, go away'';  But it's ``Thank you, Mister Atkins,'' when the band begins to play,  The band begins to play, my boys, the band begins to play,  O it's ``Thank you, Mr. Atkins,'' when the band begins to play.

I went into a theatre as sober as could be,  They gave a drunk civilian room, but 'adn't none for me;  They sent me to the gallery or round the music 'alls,  But when it comes to fightin', Lord! they'll shove me in the stalls!

For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' ``Tommy, wait outside'';  But it's ``Special train for Atkins'' when the trooper's on the tide,  The troopship's on the tide, my boys, the troopship's on the tide,  O it's ``Special train for Atkins'' when the trooper's on the tide. 

Yes, makin' mock o' uniforms that guard you while you sleep  Is cheaper than them uniforms, an' they're starvation cheap;  An' hustlin' drunken soldiers when they're goin' large a bit  Is five times better business than paradin' in full kit.   

Then it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' ``Tommy how's yer soul?''  But it's ``Thin red line of 'eroes'' when the drums begin to roll,  The drums begin to roll, my boys, the drums begin to roll,  O it's ``Thin red line of 'eroes'' when the drums begin to roll.   

We aren't no thin red 'eroes, nor we aren't no blackguards too,  But single men in barricks, most remarkable like you;  An' if sometimes our conduck isn't all your fancy paints:  Why, single men in barricks don't grow into plaster saints;   

While it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an ``Tommy, fall be'ind,''  But it's ``Please to walk in front, sir,'' when there's trouble in the wind,   There's trouble in the wind, my boys, there's trouble in the wind,  O it's ``Please to walk in front, sir,'' when there's trouble in the wind.   

You talk o' better food for us, an'schools, an' fires an' all:  We'll wait for extry rations if you treat us rational.  Don't mess about the cook-room slops, but prove it to our face  The Widow's Uniform is not the soldier-man's disgrace. 

For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' ``Chuck him out, the brute!''  But it's ``Saviour of 'is country,'' when the guns begin to shoot;  Yes it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' anything you please;  But Tommy ain't a bloomin' fool--you bet that Tommy sees!   

Rudyard Kipling

Off my Soap Box for now....

gore range

« Reply #2049 on: December 28, 2013, 09:04:23 AM »
I'm not gonna bother to wade through all your latest drivel. I'll just treat it as one big ellipsis and skip past.

Way back, you wrote...

....just can't get any sillier....

gore range

« Reply #2050 on: December 28, 2013, 10:02:15 AM »
….1.) the Obama administration is proposing to cut contracted, promised, and earned disability benefits to combat-wounded military members,

I don't know everything on this subject but... did serve and am disabled. This is what I have found... I have found NO Veteran who has any written contract or promise to go beyond just the care of SERVICE CONNECTED DISABILITIES...

....sort of starting to sound like there is a Jay squawking off on a non-related diversionary hijacking....

....just to be clear-

....its not about the VA or what the VA offers, what so ever....

....earned financial benefits which disabled combat-veterans are currently receiving for their combat-related injuries, not just service-connected injuries, are on the chopping block....

....just a hunch-

....you'll have the
Jay's  selectively-pecking reality-denying head spinning by using concepts like "Concurrent Receipt"....

Lifetime

• Honk if you've not seen a gun fired from a Harley
« Reply #2051 on: December 28, 2013, 12:11:21 PM »
Gore...I am not JH or a sniper..I know that this crap is not just of the present POTUS but goes back several. My point is that Veterans need to make this a "non issue" and act... not bitch or let the media do your job.

I was just addressing that portion of this POS budget...nothing more. Pay attemntion or the water will begin to boil.

gore range

« Reply #2052 on: December 28, 2013, 01:52:49 PM »
...I was just addressing that portion of this POS budget...nothing more. Pay attention or the water will begin to boil.

....imagine that-

....frogs and Jay
s have something in common ;D ....

....peut-être que
Jay aime les cuisses de grenouilles

NightmarePatrol

« Reply #2053 on: December 28, 2013, 04:31:50 PM »
I love em! There used to be a cajun place here that gave you a big plate of them or about $8. That some boudin, jambalaya and trappeys hot sauce and I was a happy camper. Unfortunately they closed. :(

gore range

« Reply #2054 on: December 29, 2013, 03:11:10 PM »
....more more hope & change in action....

....just a hawked-up hunch:

....nothing different from the previous "status quo"....

A random picture
Sorry, you need to be logged in to view the gallery
Portal Management Extension PortaMx™ v0.957 | PortaMx © 2008-2009 by PortaMx corp.