Advanced search  
Recent posts
The Trump Administration
by gore range
[Today at 09:14:19 PM]
* CLP REPORT *
by clp_lives
[Today at 08:17:39 PM]
Tell us how you hated 8 years of OBAMA and less than 2 years of TRUMP...
by clp_lives
[Today at 08:11:48 PM]
....bang bang....
by gore range
[September 26, 2018, 04:55:42 PM]
Sad day
by NightmarePatrol
[September 17, 2018, 06:50:14 PM]
No Topic. Anything Goes.
by NightmarePatrol
[September 12, 2018, 02:39:09 PM]

Author Topic: The Obama Administration  (Read 433773 times)

gore range

• Self Important Starfish
Re: The Obama Administration
« Reply #2070 on: April 25, 2014, 08:20:14 PM »
CNN - Black Bodyguard Does Not Care about Cliven Bundy Slave Comments Says He's Not Racist Small | Large

gore range

« Reply #2071 on: April 30, 2014, 10:47:26 AM »
I happen to catch this incredulous broadcast yesterday, and I was just stunned into WTF silence.

I was struck by the mind-boggling incredible irony of the utterly ignorant understanding of Orwell  being blatantly mis-used in a classic Orwellian low-information voter mass mind-control exercise to drive home the biased discrimination.

It just can't get any fricking' sillier:

https://grabien.com/story.php?id=7934

That the clip is buried on the net and not easily found speaks volumes.

NightmarePatrol

« Reply #2072 on: April 30, 2014, 11:02:04 AM »
I'm trying to figure out how they connected the dots. Either they didn't read the book or even watch the animated film to see how it was protrayed. The book was essentially a statement about Stalin and the iron fist he ruled with. It has nothing at all to do with capitalism.

bighair80s

« Reply #2073 on: May 01, 2014, 12:39:02 PM »
Its fairly incoherent, the state of the culture we live.

I think utter dishonesty is the new norm.
"this space for rent"

gore range

« Reply #2074 on: May 05, 2014, 06:56:02 PM »
It's not dishonesty any more.

It's instant-gratification self-entitled minimization and justification, with no concept of shame.

Happens when everybody gets a trophy for just showing up.

NightmarePatrol

« Reply #2075 on: May 08, 2014, 09:51:55 AM »
This is an interesting piece of information that I was not aware of about the affordable care act. Kind of unsettling if they ever actually do it, but they have made provisions for it.

Jayhawk

• Won't Go Away
« Reply #2076 on: May 09, 2014, 12:12:12 AM »
The link says "NBC has recently predicted that in 2017, all of America will be tagged with microchips."

Yeah, "recently" as in its special report about the world a decade from now, in 2017. Meaning this was seven years ago in a discussion about technology and the future, back when the namesake for Obamacare was a senator living in Chicago.

Predictions about the future? I'm still waiting for my flying car.

NightmarePatrol

« Reply #2077 on: May 09, 2014, 10:00:43 AM »
Predictions about the future? I'm still waiting for my flying car.

Your wait may be over.

gore range

« Reply #2078 on: May 10, 2014, 12:55:50 AM »
► Flying Car - Terrafugia TF-X introduction Small | Large

lifefeedsonlife

« Reply #2079 on: May 10, 2014, 08:00:39 AM »
Government would regulate that out of existence.
For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. - Carl Sagan

NightmarePatrol

« Reply #2080 on: May 10, 2014, 09:53:44 AM »
They may or may not. This is als a pretty cost prohibitive item. The government is already making general aviation a PITA for those who fly. What's below would be cheaper but a bigger pain to deal with.

This is more practical really but would ultimately be a bigger pain to deal withon a daily basis.

gore range

« Reply #2081 on: May 10, 2014, 11:11:07 AM »
It's not so much the gubberment making general aviation less and less a reality for  the "Jetson's-watching" generation, as I know a slew of actives dissidents who continually fly, pardon the pun, well under the radar of the gubberment's regulation ignoring the bureaucratic hand throwing the reams and reams of  paperwork in their path.

Of course they are limited in their flight options at to where they can show up on the gubberment's general 'radar', but willing do so at their own risk ....."What are they going to do? Take my license away? Hell, ain't got one. They can have it."   

The dream killer is the manufacturers' liability issues.

The price of a Beechcraft Bonanza-

....was right around $8,000, in 1948 dollar.

Pricey even in those days, but it was more or less the penultimate general aviation aircraft of its day. That $8,000 1948 price would cost  the equivalent  of $78,437 in 2014 dollars when adjusted for inflation.

Bonanza's are still being manufactured today, and though granted they have better electronics and haul 2 more passengers than the '48 models, they are essentially the same airframe and engine platforms.

The current price of a new "basic" Bonanza, minus any 'bells and whistles' extras is around  $700,000.

What drives the cost of the airplane up aprx 10 times in constant value dollars? And, not unheard of to have a new Bonanza go for over a mill with added 'bells and whistles'.

M
anufacturers' liability insurance. on the plane, on the electronics, on the spark plugs, on the frickin tires.

Included in the price of every new Bonanza coming off the line is the cost of the manufacturer's liability insurance on each an every other Bonanza every produced since the '40s. And the cost only grows higher every year.

Somebody buys a 50's Bonanza, and then has a crash in in it, odds are, Beechcraft/Hawker ends up dealing with a law suit for big buck over it.

That's the way is is with every new airplane. They are not like cars. Crash a 70 year old plane, sue whoever current owns the name.

Manufactuers' liability insurance demands will ensure the MSRP of a flying car can only be paid by the wealthy.

Not many lawyers appeared in the Jetsons with George and Judy on Saturday morning.

That black semi-dune buggy flying car seen above? Flys under a para-glider chute. About as basic as you can get.

They are looking to sell it in  places like the African backcountry to facilitate cheap travel to the distance village, and where the liability issues are far less problematic, and they likely cook lawyers in big pots.

Not going to see them here tooling around the park lake front.
[/]

NightmarePatrol

« Reply #2082 on: May 10, 2014, 12:02:01 PM »
They also want to sell them to ranchers in the US as they are a lot cheaper to operate than a helicopter. There are several Bonanza's in my area. There are a lot of home-built aircraft as well as the usual Cessna, Piper and Rockwell and even a Lake and couple Robinsons flating around. Most crashes are still pilot error though.

NightmarePatrol

« Reply #2083 on: July 21, 2014, 03:39:59 PM »
So in the interest of punishing the Russians (why? I'm not sure) Any and all Kalashnikov AK-47's are no longer eligible for import into the US, nor may they be sold. Finally we have transparency in government, just not the kinds we wanted.

NightmarePatrol

« Reply #2084 on: September 03, 2014, 02:30:34 PM »
Well... imagine that.

Why I'm burning my last bridge with Obama Small | Large

A random picture
Sorry, you need to be logged in to view the gallery
Portal Management Extension PortaMx™ v0.957 | PortaMx © 2008-2009 by PortaMx corp.