by The Wraith
[Today at 12:26:32 PM]
No Topic. Anything Goes.
by bighair80s
[Today at 11:00:44 AM]
The Trump Administration
by gore range
[Yesterday at 11:58:41 PM]
Tell us how you hated 8 years of OBAMA and less than 2 years of TRUMP...
by gore range
[August 04, 2018, 10:25:07 PM]
....bang bang....
by lifefeedsonlife
[August 04, 2018, 12:01:35 PM]

Author Topic: The Obama Administration  (Read 407512 times)

Jayhawk

• Won't Go Away
Re: The Obama Administration
« Reply #2085 on: September 03, 2014, 03:30:30 PM »
Her message would have had more impact if she wasn't wearing anything under the shirt.

Otherwise, yeah, she nailed it.

bighair80s

• Self Important Starfish
« Reply #2086 on: November 19, 2014, 07:28:49 PM »
offered without comment:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/18/politics/gruber-obamacare-promises/index.html

and this....

All of #GruberGate in Two Minutes Small | Large
"this space for rent"

gore range

« Reply #2087 on: November 21, 2014, 08:32:28 PM »
Well....

that didn't take long at all.

gore range

« Reply #2088 on: November 21, 2014, 08:35:28 PM »
Of course....

it can't possibly get any sillier.

gore range

« Reply #2089 on: November 21, 2014, 08:43:31 PM »
Let see....

they break the law illegally come across the border....

....have sex and procreate....

....and five years from now will qualify to legally stay here.

One can appreciate the millions offended/insulted for taking years to obtain legal their entry into the country.

But the "broken" immigration system has now "been fixed".

I see Mexico is now charging visitors staying longer than seven days to pay an entry fee in order to pay for their share of governmental service provided to them.

Janetplanet

« Reply #2090 on: November 21, 2014, 10:35:43 PM »
The hard part I have with the above people making these comments/opinions is that if they were in the other persons shoes they would make exactly the same decision.  A chance to have a decent life, a chance at being able to provide a life for their children.  Get real.  You would swim the river and climb the wall to do the exact thing.
handle every stressful situation like a dog.  pee on it and walk away.

Amidala

« Reply #2091 on: November 21, 2014, 11:13:02 PM »
As the granddaughter & great granddaughter of immigrants, I have a hard time wanting to turn people away. Certainly my generation has a much better life here than we would have, had my ancestors stayed in the ancestral villages.  While I agree that our current system needs to be reformed, I think keeping families together is a reasonable start along with the requirement to pay taxes. So, we'll see .

gore range

« Reply #2092 on: November 22, 2014, 01:13:20 AM »
The hard part I have with the above people making these comments/opinions is that if they were in the other persons shoes they would make exactly the same decision.  A chance to have a decent life, a chance at being able to provide a life for their children.  Get real.  You would swim the river and climb the wall to do the exact thing.

Planetarians son libres de hacer y publicar todas las mentiras y ataques personales que desean.

Pasé una carrera defendiendo su derecho constitucional a hacerlo. ;) 

As the granddaughter & great granddaughter of immigrants, I have a hard time wanting to turn people away. Certainly my generation has a much better life here than we would have, had my ancestors stayed in the ancestral villages.  While I agree that our current system needs to be reformed, I think keeping families together is a reasonable start along with the requirement to pay taxes. So, we'll see .

Your predecessors, like mine, obviously were legal immigrants, followed the requirements for legal immigration and have assimilated into U.S society.

Even though the current target illegal alien population has not bothered to assimilate into U.S. society,  I have no problem allowing the current qualified illegals  applying to stay and start paying taxes.

However, I'm not currently seeing anything that regulates/prevents future aliens from illegally entering the country, having children, and then laying low for five, six or more  years to meet qualifying for applying to stay and apply for such 5 years after the birth of their citizen children.

There in lies a serious logarithmic problem.

Per the U.S Bureau of Labor Statistics-

.... only 2.1 million total new jobs have been added to the work force since 2009. Now,  millions more are being added to the lackluster work force.

While the current offical unemployment rate in under 6%, the BLS U6 unemployment rate, those who are no longer on  the unemployment rolls and have stopped looking for a job:

....currently numbers over 11 million.

On top of which, the administration has stated they desire to triple annual legal US immigration to 3 million.

Currently, the administration is planning to add up to 14 million "immigrants" to the US population annually....

In five years, that is 70 million new residents.....

....vs. the average of 420,000  new jobs created each a year since 2009.

Continuing that average, that is-

....2.1 million new jobs-

....again...vs. 70 million new "immigrants".

....a country that won't or can't control its borders is not a country anymore....
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 08:33:44 PM by gore range »

Amidala

« Reply #2093 on: November 22, 2014, 09:49:59 AM »
Probably the thing to do is bolster the Mexican economy so that they are no longer living in abject poverty. Or to bring enough manufacturing jobs back to the US and create an Ellis Island of the Rio Grande so that they can enter legally and fulfill their dreams.   After all, my ancestors came here for a better life - also to escape poverty - because the Industrial Revolution needed workers, specifically in the steel mills (or Pittsburghese - still mill ) and coal mines, where many, many of the Carpatho Rusyns (my tribe) came to seek employment. Either way, jobs need to be created or brought back AND to produce a quality product, not like that piece of crap airbag that is made in Mexico that is being recalled.

I remember, our last trip to Belize, I purchased some handmade items from a guy who was from Honduras or Guatemala. His family made cloth runners and wall hangings and such, machine embroidered, rugs, purses. It was beastly hot to be walking the beach, lugging his bags of wares. I truly felt sorry for him - I got him a class of water and a sandwich, which he appreciated greatly. As he told me his story - and he was in his 40s or so, with kids at home, not a young guy trying to make a fast buck - I realized that coming to the Belize tourist areas to make some money for his family was a big risk for him.  It was certainly less of hardship for me to buy something from him than it was for him to come all the way to Belize. I saw the face of one struggling to provide for his family.

Having said that, its not like the immigration issue has not been attempted to be resolved in the past. Congress, and the ease with which they stonewall, makes me very angry. As a taxpaying voter, I expect them to work FOR my best interests, not against, and not to decide is to decide. They stonewall many issues, particularly with a Democratic pres and their inability to "cross the aisle" angers me.   ALSO, the Republicans are the standard bearer of FAMILY VALUES and the immigrants' families should count just as much as the Rich White Men's families. (I wonder how many rich political families hire immigrant house workers, legal or illegal...)

Economics in this age is a very complicated, interrelated, living thing. IT is its own type of ecosystem. It is right to look out for ourselves but it is also right to have concern for our neighbors, on every level. Have not read anything recently about the influx of Islam into the Central American countries - when we were in Belize in '02, there was a supermarket run by some Egyptians, playing Egyptian pop music in the store - so that is another aspect of this problem to think about. I personally think that radical Islamic terrorism is a threat that we can never take our eyes off of and must continually build against, whether its politically, militarily, economically or spiritually. We have an investment and opportunity to bolster our defense in this area, with Mexico and the Caribbean.

My two cents.

gore range

« Reply #2094 on: November 26, 2014, 09:35:55 AM »
…. h-m-m-m-m…..........imagine that.

NightmarePatrol

« Reply #2095 on: November 26, 2014, 08:13:28 PM »
Interestingly enough a lot of the people going through the fence are failed corn farmers. Seems they can't compete with the big farms price-wise.

gore range

« Reply #2096 on: November 29, 2014, 12:29:01 PM »
....k-e-e-E-E-CRA-A-A-P!!!!.....

Anybody have even the slightest  idea how outrageously expensive and incredulously difficult our targeting paradigm is to counter this offense attack system ?

To even just just to locate it once it quickly flushes from its base and deploys out on the vast Russian rail network,  much less be able to then actually attack it in a war before it launches.....? :-\

Holy ke-e-e-E-E-E-R-R-R-R-A-A-AP!!!!!

One guess who wrote the book on and the targeting mission plans against it back in the day it.

I still check on its moth-balled base in deep in the heart land of Mother Russia every other month so  on GOOGLE EARTH.

Just because.

Each and every single missile is what we in the biz called a city killer.

That was its singular and sole purpose and function.

The Soviets had 56 of these.

Go ahead-

....pick you favorite 56 dead US cities they targeted with the warheads.

Not only is  the money not there to counter this threat anymore, it likely won't be as the weapon systems required to do so are now long gone and currently being utilized as many times over recycled soft drink and beer cans.

Today- multiples of trillion$.......with a "t", for just this one weapon system :o .

Smoke'em if you got em......while you got'em.

Maybe have the grand kids brush up on the principles of "winds aloft" and "down range".

They don't teach such much anymore in school these days.

lifefeedsonlife

« Reply #2097 on: November 29, 2014, 06:03:12 PM »
For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. - Carl Sagan

NightmarePatrol

« Reply #2098 on: November 29, 2014, 06:19:42 PM »
Well I'm screwed if it ever comes to it. Strange that I live in the general area (about 50-60 miles) from the mideast centcom but the terror threat is always low around here. The recent Russian reappearance in the Caribbean did not give me any warm fuzzies though.

bighair80s

« Reply #2099 on: November 29, 2014, 09:16:55 PM »
Nice.

Actually I can almost see Cuba from my window right now.

So you can imagine how glad I am that the oceans receded and the world is healed.  Or something.
 ::)

"this space for rent"
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 137 138 139 [140] 141 142   Go Up

A random picture
Sorry, you need to be logged in to view the gallery
Portal Management Extension PortaMx™ v0.957 | PortaMx © 2008-2009 by PortaMx corp.