by Amidala
[December 15, 2018, 07:56:23 PM]
More on climate change
by Amidala
[December 11, 2018, 12:31:16 PM]
....bang bang....
by gore range
[December 04, 2018, 08:37:38 AM]

Author Topic: No Topic. Anything Goes.  (Read 1270132 times)

Amidala

• Self Important Starfish
Re: No Topic. Anything Goes.
« Reply #5850 on: September 19, 2015, 10:32:46 PM »
Its that time of year again, for your annual flu shot reminder. The old timers will remember that I nearly died from H1N1 ARDS back when H1N1 was a new variant to the human race in 2009. Happy to still be around to discuss things will all of you!!  ;D

bighair80s

« Reply #5851 on: October 21, 2015, 08:43:29 PM »
hey y'all

how's everyone doing? I see GoreRange is back in the area? We should all meet for coffee!

anyhow, had a really nice vacation. as usual it went by too fast.  got to see an old friend too! (lifeeds, its betsy!) We saw some wonderful sights too. we were welcomed home with a fairly heavy snowstorm. LOL back in the ville, up to our arses in snow in no time....
"this space for rent"

lifefeedsonlife

« Reply #5852 on: October 22, 2015, 07:52:59 AM »
Getting together would be nice.
For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. - Carl Sagan

bighair80s

« Reply #5853 on: October 22, 2015, 11:38:54 PM »
 :)
"this space for rent"

bighair80s

« Reply #5854 on: October 26, 2015, 09:22:02 PM »
I have it on good authority the BH's is the house to hit for Halloween candy.  🙂🙂👻

See you there. 😉
"this space for rent"

Amidala

« Reply #5855 on: October 27, 2015, 09:39:03 PM »
What to do when you hit the Lottery..  (and it's NOT save the park...its WAAAY better)
http://www.businessinsider.com/man-gets-60000-emirates-airlines-flight-with-frequent-flyer-miles-loophole-2015-10?r=UK&IR=T

Janetplanet

« Reply #5856 on: October 27, 2015, 10:21:32 PM »
We moved here in 1990 and being from a neighborhood that had lots of trick or treaters  I bought over 60 full size snicker bars.  Waited and waited - no one ever came.  It was a case of hormones and a case of being homesick so when no one came to the door I sat on the front porch and began to cry.  After a while I went inside and started feeling sorry for myself.  My daughters decided to be funny to go to the front door and say "trick or treat"  I was thrilled as I ran to the door they laughed uncontrollably.  I gave up.  We are so off the street that I recognize there are no trick or treaters here.
handle every stressful situation like a dog.  pee on it and walk away.

NightmarePatrol

« Reply #5857 on: October 28, 2015, 06:52:21 AM »
Our trick or treat always happens on Halloween. Our neighborhood has big lots which translates into lots of space between houses. We had 90 one year and sadly it is down to around 10 the past 6 years. I will be taking my daughter out to a densely packed subdivision where the houses are 12-20 feet apart.  My wife and son will be hanging out across the street with the neighbors handing out (and most likely enjoying) candy.

We are told if our children stray out of our sight before age 14 we are "bad parents" and should have the kids removed from our custody and be publicly shamed. This has lead to the proliferation of the "trunk or treat" or "tailgating" events which aren't even close to what trick or treat should be in my opinion. Of course what we do isn't exactly how it went off a long time ago either. Regardless of what you call it. (ie. All Hallows eve, Samhain, Pomona)  have some fun.

bighair80s

« Reply #5858 on: November 06, 2015, 11:04:10 PM »
so  yea... loving the 70 degree weather!!!
"this space for rent"

lifefeedsonlife

« Reply #5859 on: November 07, 2015, 09:01:47 AM »
For now. I'm hoping it's a milder winter. Last year was brutal.
For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. - Carl Sagan

Amidala

« Reply #5860 on: November 07, 2015, 09:11:08 AM »
A milder winter is forecast. The "catch" is this - milder winter temps means that Lake Erie won't freeze and that greatly increases our chances of MORE Lake Effect Snow. Most of our snow last year was from snowstorms, not Lake Effect. (HM watches these things.) IN the past, in the 90s we had some very high accumulation winters due to the El Nino in the Pacific and this one is quite large and intense. We can hope the winds coming across the lake miss us. .. .. ...

NightmarePatrol

« Reply #5861 on: November 07, 2015, 10:56:09 AM »
Funny how the weather can dictate or affect ones day. Ironically when I lived in LA it had a profound impact. I was mesmerized that 20 drops of water falling from the sky could cause such widespread panic that resulted in all day "storm watch" newscasts. In the great white north it goes without saying one kept an eye on the forecast. In the sunshine state the meteorologist is often the star of the morning and evening news thanks to our summer deluges and insane electrical storms.

I did see that it's supposed to be warmer and wetter than normal there. If it pans out it's either going to run off or pile up. I just hope it's not too much of an impact for the area.

NightmarePatrol

« Reply #5862 on: November 18, 2015, 10:50:47 AM »
For Her Majesty: It is -19 in Talkeetna at the time of this writing.

Amidala

« Reply #5863 on: November 18, 2015, 11:21:05 AM »
For Her Majesty: It is -19 in Talkeetna at the time of this writing.

And I would LOVE to be there!   <3

gore range

« Reply #5864 on: January 25, 2016, 10:03:20 PM »
I was relaxing this evening creating some  sawdust out in the wood shop,  and went to pick up a pre-cut piece of half-inch plywood sitting on the floor leaning against wall-

.fortunately, I saw I had a new tenant move in, and the widow was lurking, checking out my wood stock:

Pages: 1 ... 386 387 388 389 390 [391] 392 393 394 395 396 ... 403   Go Up

A random picture
Sorry, you need to be logged in to view the gallery
Portal Management Extension PortaMx™ v0.957 | PortaMx © 2008-2009 by PortaMx corp.