Unclassified > The War Room

So... do we live to long now?

(1/2) > >>

NightmarePatrol:
Here is an interesting article from todays LA Times about the earths aging population.

Amidala:
Very interesting. One of the things I learned during my recovery is that to have a long life that is worthwhile/meaningful/happy, you need to keep busy. Socialize, volunteer, work if you want, have hobbies, exercise..... Keeping fit is a big part of that equation. You have to be able to do the things you want to do.

Anyone else?

lifefeedsonlife:
Living too long as compared to what? I mean - what's the alternative?

That's an interesting question . . . are there age police being trained somewhere? Is it time for Carousel?

TiFeMb:
I have a soon to be 6 and 7 year old. All I worry about is making it to their HS graduation, sending them off to college and teaching them to be self sufficient. TRUST ME, if I didn't have to work, I can find something to do. Fishing running, If I end up in a wheel chair I will race that!
You're right Amidala, you have to be in condition to enjoy life, and you have to condition your mind too. Life can really suck sometimes, but you have to put everything into perspective.
Man, Ami, you just went through hell and look at you! Totally awesome attitude!

Quote>>>>Is it time for Carousel?<<<<
 :rofl:  OMG I just peed myself on that one!

Amidala:
Well I am in the midst of working that all out for myself.  So, I'll let you know how it goes. :) 
At the 2nd hospital, I was probably the youngest patient there (and I'm in my 50's). Most were in bad shape. The head doc, my pulmonolgist, was thrilled to be able to send a patient HOME rather than to rehab or a nursing home. He also told me to "push myself" (said with a soft Croatian accent which I can't imitate) which I am carrying with me into various things.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page