Advanced search  
Recent posts
* CLP REPORT *
by IC2ITUC
[Today at 12:21:56 AM]
The Trump Administration
by bighair80s
[Yesterday at 11:04:44 PM]
Tell us how you hated 8 years of OBAMA and less than 2 years of TRUMP...
by gore range
[October 24, 2018, 10:54:50 PM]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hurricane Season 2010  (Read 5574 times)

GROK

• Definately Not Leaving
Re: Hurricane Season 2010
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2010, 09:27:04 AM »
J...my boss called me into her office this afternoon and asked me what it would take to buy...[wait for it]...MREs*.

MRE = Meals Regurgitated Easily

I consumed numerous MREs in the Army when they first came out and I was in the field. They improved significantly over my time in the Army. Older guys stated they beat the hell out of the C-rats they had to consume.

NightmarePatrol

• Self Important Starfish
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2010, 09:42:16 AM »
On December 31, 1999 I got the joy of eating (more like trying) some vintage 1967 C's our VP brought back from VN. They were very salty and loaded with what I think was sesame seeds. MRE's were definitely an improvement. Since I have never been in the service I never had to have a diet of of them. Like I said, they're not anything I'd want a steady diet of.

On the MRE thing, I do know that you can't buy the military grade MRE's new legally. The military ones you get online may have been in extreme heat and had their shelf life degraded severely or they may not be genuine. I used to haul MRE's around in my jeep when I lived in AK and made side trips to rather remote parts. They were for emergencies only and most went bad (by date) before I ever used them. I carried those, a couple changes of clothes, dried food, white gas, a mountaineering stove and a number of other things neatly wrapped up in the back. Breaking down or getting stuck there had the potential to be a life changing (or ending) experience.

On the other hand getting stuck in a CAT 3 or higher hurricane could do the same. We had no power for 4 days in 2004. Life is far less pleasant in Florida without AC in the summer.

Lifetime

• Self Important Starfish
  • Honk if you've not seen a gun fired from a Harley
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2010, 09:48:51 AM »

I have eaten K and C rats and became fond of LRRP rations that can be eated wet or dry. The Newer rations that didn't require a tab of C-4 or Tri-ox to heat were neat...right down to the catalytic liner you added water to or in absolutes.... your urine.... to heat the contents...and no..you didn't urinate in the food.... LOL. LRRPS still have my vote... the miricle of Freeze Dried... the lightness to carry/store and ability to eat dry if you don't have the water needed to reconstitute. Just allow me my tobasco or hot sauce.

I can eat anything but liver Yuckkkk.

J...my boss called me into her office this afternoon and asked me what it would take to buy...[wait for it]...MREs*.

MRE = Meals Regurgitated Easily

I consumed numerous MREs in the Army when they first came out and I was in the field. They improved significantly over my time in the Army. Older guys stated they beat the hell out of the C-rats they had to consume.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

A random picture
Sorry, you need to be logged in to view the gallery
Portal Management Extension PortaMx™ v0.957 | PortaMx © 2008-2009 by PortaMx corp.