Advanced search  
Recent posts
* CLP REPORT *
by gore range
[Yesterday at 08:23:50 PM]
The Trump Administration
by gore range
[Yesterday at 08:00:30 PM]
Tell us how you hated 8 years of OBAMA and less than 2 years of TRUMP...
by gore range
[October 24, 2018, 10:54:50 PM]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fiona  (Read 7408 times)

beanie

• Apparantly Not Leaving
Re: Fiona
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2010, 09:10:24 PM »
There's no way someone could rebuild my house to the same standards as when it was originally constructed - this beast is all cinder block with a slab (terrazzo) foundation. They practically build houses out of papier mache these days...all Chinese drywall and cheap pre-fab construction, fashioned together with Mighty Putty.  ;)

I'm in a non-flood zone. My worry in a big storm is wind and debris. And being stuck on an island in the aftermath. But some of the neighbors have boats. Some have generators they're willing to share (when they're not being used to run hot tubs and keggerators... :D ).

Puffin

• Self Important Starfish
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2010, 11:29:41 PM »
And NP, it confuses me the disparity between "fair market" replacement and the "fair market" resale values.

We just had our entire roof replaced. Hail damage!! Lasted all of 7 years.
The adjuster showed up 2 days after i called, and after  inspecting the damage came up with a number and left a check.
The check was for estimated replacement cost based on current materials and labor costs. It was minus the deductable, and what they call depreciation costs. However the depreciation costs were re-imbursable if I send them an invoice showing the work had actually been done. If you take the check and don't do the repairs then no re-imbursement. The roofer completed the job in 3 eleven hour days last week in brutal heat. The actual cost came in $150 less than the estimate.
 As far as market value, if you can find a buyer , then market is what he's willin to pay. Unfortunately there isn't much of a market, cause most any potential buyer is also trying to sell his house and buying yours is conditional on selling his.

TiFeMb

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2010, 07:23:57 AM »
NP / Ol Fatty / Beanie: I have seriously considered NOT paying the mortgage, and saving that money. It is taking the mortgage companies YEARS to process foreclosures. (Hey, that idea comes straight from Dave Ramsey!)

It may not be right but my mortgage company won't even take or return my calls. This has been going on for 3 years. All I wanted to do was pull my taxes out of escrow, and lately refinance. I can't even get a machine to talk to me.
What if I HAD to move? Nobody is writing mortgages. We have stellar credit (790+ each) and 20% down on the house and they won't talk to US. The problem isn't the homeowners, it's the mortgage companies.

Kimmi: watch out for the rip currents if you go to the beach, OK? Nice pictures on FB btw.

NightmarePatrol

« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2010, 07:44:15 AM »
Well, for now the track on Fiona has it going up the Atlantic. It will most likely continue to shift to the west for the next few days. Dang Tife who holds your mortgage tat won't talk to you? I am financed via Wells Fargo and they keep calling wanting me to get add-on insurance. Uh-huh, not today.

CindyLouWho

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2010, 09:24:41 AM »
We just refinanced in June.  Our monthly payment went down nearly FIVE HUNDRED BUCKS.  When they came out to reappraise (many, many, many upgrades here) the value of our place had DOUBLED.  Value doubled and payment down.  It was a good move.  :)
"Hold on tight to your dream"........Electric Light Orchestra

TiFeMb

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2010, 09:50:15 AM »
Flippin' CitiMirtgage. We want Wells Fargo. Maybe send your agent info in a PM.

NightmarePatrol

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2010, 11:11:58 AM »
Don't have an agent at WF. I got an offer from them in 2002 or 2003 to refinance at 5 3/8 APR and I took it. You should be able to call them up though.

OL FATTY

• Apparantly Not Leaving
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2010, 03:09:13 PM »
NP....Pasco, Hernando, other parts of Polk. Who cares at this point. We'll go where ever the wind takes us.

NightmarePatrol

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2010, 05:59:58 PM »
Just don't go flying over my head into the gulf!

Looks like it's gonna be a wet Labor Day weekend for a lot of people.

Kimmi

« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2010, 06:35:47 PM »

Kimmi: watch out for the rip currents if you go to the beach, OK? Nice pictures on FB btw.

No beach for me this weekend but my sister will be in South Carolina and I told her to be careful.  Thanks for the compliment.  That was from a wedding this weekend.

Puffin

« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2010, 10:22:26 PM »
surfs up in the Bahama's

NightmarePatrol

« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2010, 06:32:59 AM »
According to the weatherman down here he said that Fiona would most likely disappear in a couple of days. This is is due to the close proximity to the larger stronger  Earl.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

A random picture
Sorry, you need to be logged in to view the gallery
Portal Management Extension PortaMx™ v0.957 | PortaMx © 2008-2009 by PortaMx corp.