[Yesterday at 05:58:19 PM]
More on climate change
by Amidala
[December 11, 2018, 12:31:16 PM]
....bang bang....
by gore range
[December 04, 2018, 08:37:38 AM]
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Election 2012  (Read 9680 times)

lifefeedsonlife

• Self Important Starfish
Election 2012
« on: November 16, 2011, 07:45:34 AM »
Alrighty then. Since it's about to heat up. I figured there might as well be a dedicated topic thread.

I thought this was interesting. I mean - the fellow had 89 seconds of air time in the last debate, yet he's in 2nd place in Iowa?

From the article:
The four-way tie moving forward will present an interesting challenge to conservative media, which seems to have been content ignoring Paul as much as possible. Even in the instances where he’s won or placed highly in typically influential Republican polls, his victories have been swept under the rug as pundits continued to focus on candidates thought to be more favored by Republicans.
For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. - Carl Sagan

Lifetime

• Honk if you've not seen a gun fired from a Harley
Re: Election 2012
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 08:00:21 AM »
I knew it was Paul. It seems the Media or Network feels it has the job of pushing certain candidates...if just for part ratings. I find this disheartening and a lot dishonest to the people as well as the candidates. If ...say I garnered the "money" support to buy a ticket.. for a ride..I should get the same ride as the rest. Equal. This is why I don't even bother to watch these until the field is trimmed a bit.

What we have , right now is just a few of the field being prodded for the show. Don't get me wrong, I am not a Paul supporter but I am a proponent of fair play. I may start to watch when there are only 3 or 4 and the stage isn't a CIRCUS.

The Media and Politics reminds me of the person who secretly godes two other people to want to fight. They just happen to be there when the 2 bump into each other and then circles both and asking to hold their coats while they get down and dirty. I have less respect for media than I do Politics or close to the same.

Media has lost it's true mission... to REPORT the news and not to form or make it. Politicians were there for the Good of the People they represent and not MAKE the people to fit their strategies...and become enriched doing so.

IMHO

Jayhawk

• Won't Go Away
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 01:23:42 PM »
i like some of his ideas. Others are a bit odd. But in the interest of fairness, i, too, am mystified why he can do something like come in 2nd in a straw poll, yet all the attention goes to the 4th-place challenger a dozen or two percentage points behind.

actually, with his real elected experience and consistent positions over the years on the issues, he's a better, more-electable person than most of the other one-issue, inexperienced or extreme-spectrum contenders.

yet mysteriously, he is just ignored despire holding his own rather well.

lifefeedsonlife

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 06:16:06 PM »
It's almost as if the news outlets are treating this as their own personal reality show.
For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. - Carl Sagan

lifefeedsonlife

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 07:06:09 PM »
Hmph. Not only in Iowa - but in New Hampshire as well.

NightmarePatrol

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2011, 07:20:13 PM »
I think the media's treatment of Ron Paul has been nothing short of deplorable. What I don't understand is why? I personally like him and respect that he sticks to his principals. I don't agree with him on every issue but I do agree with him on a lot of them.  For what it's worth I'll probably never see that actual candidate that I agree with entirely. At the current rate of media assassinations starting with Trump, Perry and Cain (I just or not, they  happened and I'm just pointing it out) Paul may be the lone candidate standing. I haven't heard any dirt pop up on him either. It's rather hard to believe he's really that clean and hasn't even used his driving finger in public.  Bachman has more or less imploded and Romney's nomination has been questionable because of his being mormon.

Did anybody see the debate where Paul schooled Santorum about when out involvement in SE Asia started? Santorum seemed to think it was in the early sixties.

So anyhow if I had to go to the polls today Paul would get my vote. The primaries are a ways away and I have lots of time watch, learn and listen before I go into the booth.

NightmarePatrol

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2011, 07:34:48 PM »
Here's an odd but cool little clip.

Ron Paul: "Reality Check" on Fox 19 WXIX

Lifetime

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2011, 09:05:42 AM »
I agree...Paul need more respect as wellas more time. Now... I am not a PAUL fan

I am the product of end of WWII, Korea, Vietnam, and every Sandbox war since 1991, as well as the Cold War. I DO believe in "outposts"  throughout the world as Check Poits or Forward Observation Posts. We need 2 things... to be forewarned of Physical movement and the ability to parry if needed to at least give us time. I have ALWAYS been a believer in keeping the conflict from our border and dirty someone elses back yard if they are the aggressor. When it hits our border...it is too late.

Another... I don't like those Departments he wants to shut down as well... So... go through them ONE BY ONE and count the Employees... What is his plan to address all of those unemployed as well as the number he would inherit if he is elected... He is precise on some things but shallow on others.

Closing TSA, HUD,DO Energy,Commerce,Interior,and Education

Approx. 390,000 will be unemployed...but

we save approx $130 Billion. So..do we use the "savings to pay the unemployment or help set up Private entities to fill the agency gap if needed.??

What is the Plan?? There is more but I grow tired LOL.

But.. I agree Paul should be shown the respect his polls indicate he earned and quit allowing the media to Bait and Switch to their fav flav.

lifefeedsonlife

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2011, 11:19:34 AM »
Thanks NP - that was excellent.

lifefeedsonlife

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2011, 07:33:31 PM »

lifefeedsonlife

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2011, 01:23:40 PM »
"I give President-elect Barack Obama very high marks, both for how he selected his Cabinet and his staff, and the fact that he did the opposite of Franklin Delano Roosevelt. Roosevelt in 1932 would not intervene at all until the inauguration, and the situation got much worse." - Newt Gingrich

“The opportunity society calls not for a laissez-faire society in which the economic world is a neutral jungle of purely random individual behavior, but for forceful government intervention on behalf of growth and opportunity.” - Newt Gingerich

Newt Gingerich is essentially a Statist.

gore range

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2011, 02:08:12 PM »
... Closing TSA, HUD,DO Energy,Commerce,Interior,and Education

Approx. 390,000 will be unemployed...but

we save approx $130 Billion. So..do we use the "savings to pay the unemployment or help set up Private entities to fill the agency gap if needed.??

....$130 billion is arpx 10% of the annual federal budget deficit....

....some quick fat-fingering shows that the $130 billion 'savings' will pay those 390,000 former Fed workers $278/mo towards their unemployment benefits for a year, meaning the rest comes out of somebody else's pockets....

....and as unemployment generally now goes for 99 weeks, thats an additional near $130 billion for the near second year of unemployment benefits....

....20% the current annual deficit towards of payment for nothing in return....

....nothing out of the usual there.... :D

lifefeedsonlife

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2011, 12:48:12 AM »
....some quick fat-fingering shows that the $130 billion 'savings' will pay those 390,000 former Fed workers $278/mo towards their unemployment benefits for a year, meaning the rest comes out of somebody else's pockets....

But those 390,000 folks are making more than $278 a month now - right?

lifefeedsonlife

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2011, 01:02:08 AM »
For anyone who's interested in learning a little more about the views of Ron Paul. (For those already sold on him, this is like candy.)

All Of Ron Paul's Responses At The ABC Iowa GOP Debate Small | Large

Lifetime

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2011, 03:26:15 PM »
Hmmm now we assume all of them will go on unemployment longterm?

I think I did say this... "Private entities to fill the agency gap if needed". This sets into motion... private entities who will Headhunt some of them and... Like a Retired Cop... becomes a security officer..either on their own or work for a Service..

So, now the burden is off the Government and opportunities to the private sector.

Here is a way the pilfering happens in reverse as well.... The Disable American Veterans send people to become certified/accredited in being Service Officers to file claims for Disabled Veterans who need the help. After a while, some actually are "pilfered" by the Veterans Administration(Gov.) after the cost of the schooling was paid for by the DAV (private) and the persons qualified. So..it increases the Government sector.... at the private expense.

The crux is this...some of the Government Employees who are RIFed... can and will be absorbed in the private sector.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

A random picture
Sorry, you need to be logged in to view the gallery
Portal Management Extension PortaMx™ v0.957 | PortaMx © 2008-2009 by PortaMx corp.