Advanced search  
Recent posts
The Trump Administration
by IC2ITUC
[Today at 10:35:31 PM]
* CLP REPORT *
by gore range
[Yesterday at 08:23:50 PM]
Tell us how you hated 8 years of OBAMA and less than 2 years of TRUMP...
by gore range
[October 24, 2018, 10:54:50 PM]
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Scotland Wants Independence  (Read 2014 times)

NightmarePatrol

• Self Important Starfish
Scotland Wants Independence
« on: May 26, 2012, 08:01:44 AM »
The EU and UK sure are having their share of problems and shake ups lately aren't they? Here's the link.

lifefeedsonlife

Re: Scotland Wants Independence
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2012, 11:04:06 AM »
They're not serious. If they WERE serious, they'd have had a special guest in Mel Gibson dressed as Sir William Wallace. A telling comment from the comments section (where the real shit comes down): "i think scotland should use the scottish pound with a scottish central bank which is not tied to english pound. What alex salmond as never said that?????? Why do you think that is he wants to leave the light on when he shuts the door, he doesnt trust the scottish pound to stand independent??"

Another reason why they're not serious. I've been thinking about starting a campaign for Pennsylvania's secession from the Union . . . I don't think it'd have enough support yet.
For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. - Carl Sagan

gore range

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2012, 11:32:53 AM »
....actually, both the Scots & Brits are serious about it, albeit moving proactively  slowly in small steps towards Scotish independence, with the referendum  just the next step in the planned bi-national the independence process which has been going on for over a decade now....

NightmarePatrol

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2012, 01:48:38 PM »
Aside from the civil war the only place that has seceded was the Conch Republic (aka Key West, FL) I know there was a fairly strong movement in Alaska when I lived there but as far as I know it is all but dead. Breaking away from a government must be immense task at any level.

TiFeMb

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 12:49:21 PM »
Viva Le Scotland!  :wahoo:
Pages: [1]   Go Up

A random picture
Sorry, you need to be logged in to view the gallery
Portal Management Extension PortaMx™ v0.957 | PortaMx © 2008-2009 by PortaMx corp.