Advanced search  
Recent posts
* CLP REPORT *
by gore range
[Yesterday at 08:23:50 PM]
The Trump Administration
by gore range
[Yesterday at 08:00:30 PM]
Tell us how you hated 8 years of OBAMA and less than 2 years of TRUMP...
by gore range
[October 24, 2018, 10:54:50 PM]
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Damascus days  (Read 3126 times)

NightmarePatrol

• Self Important Starfish
Damascus days
« on: August 27, 2013, 01:28:36 PM »
According to janes.com the UK Prime Minister David Cameron has recalled Parliament to vote on the UK's response to apparent chemical weapons use in Syria to determine how they will respond. Usually this kind of crap doesn't happen unless it's about to happen. At least that's been my experience.

I suspect we'll have more boots on the ground (where they don't belong) soon enough.

Janetplanet

Re: Damascus days
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 02:03:11 PM »
This whole thing has been very difficult for me to understand.  I am not sure who the bad guys are -  not sure if chemicals used were used by the people they think.  While watching Face the Nation this past Sunday and seeing Colin Powell talk about Syria made me go back to weapons of mass destruction.  I am not sure of who or what to believe any  more.  All of the lives lost in Iraq and I do not believe anything was really accomplished.  How very sad.
handle every stressful situation like a dog.  pee on it and walk away.

NightmarePatrol

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 05:15:41 PM »
I think it all depends on what the plan of action is. I suspect they will intend to do something quick and wind up there much longer than they wanted. This nation building crap has gone on too long. It's not sustainable given the current state of things.

lifefeedsonlife

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 06:35:34 AM »
The R's and D's are two wings of the same vulture. If war suits them, then a pretense will be found. Listening to Obama talk about the 'response' - he's actually considering it a 'punitive' action against Assad. We may not go to all war, but we'll "send a message." Unbelievable. This is simple to vindicate our moral authority? To show he really means it when he says there's a red line? 

Really interesting . . . I wonder how he feels about spanking kids when they're bad? We already know how he feels about drone bombing them.
For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. - Carl Sagan

NightmarePatrol

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 08:27:07 AM »
The US has assumed some sort disciplinarian parental role all on our own. At least that's how it's being sold to us. We're most likely protecting our interests in the region on some level, but Israel isn't on Obama priority list, but something close by must be on that list. Either way we're indicating we will spank Assad for being bad. Giving them fair warning and time to relocate all there stuff elsewhere isn't going to do much good either. Bombing empty buildings is kind of pointless.

gore range

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 09:14:38 AM »
...We're most likely protecting our interests in the region on some level...
....does beg the unanswered questions-

....what are US national interests in the region are we protecting by attacking Syria?....

....and when you have national interests to protect, you develop your list of national objectives to achieve-

....what are the US national objective we are endeavoring to achieve by attacking Syria?....

....is our national  interest in attacking Syria the survival of an independent Israel?

....is our national interest in attacking Syria a region free of internal conflict?....

....there are no two ways about it-

....the current situation is Syria is nothing more than a battle between Sunni and Shiite realms for domination in the region....

....but the overwhelming number of Americans can't even spell Shiite much less have a conversational ability to discuss the two, nor can they find Syria on a blank map....

NightmarePatrol

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2013, 09:42:08 AM »
....does beg the unanswered questions-

....what are US national interests in the region are we protecting by attacking Syria?.... probably many, with many unknown to the public

....and when you have national interests to protect, you develop your list of national objectives to achieve- well I feel better now that we have a transparent government  :D

....what are the US national objective we are endeavoring to achieve by attacking Syria?....  that hasn't exactly been revealed yet has it?

....is our national  interest in attacking Syria the survival of an independent Israel? possibly, but I have my doubts

....is our national interest in attacking Syria a region free of internal conflict?.... everyone would like to see that be a conflict-free region, but evidently nobody has consulted a historian on this matter.

....there are no two ways about it-

....the current situation is Syria is nothing more than a battle between Sunni and Shiite realms for domination in the region....

....but the overwhelming number of Americans can't even spell Shiite much less have a conversational ability to discuss the two, nor can they find Syria on a blank map.... many can't even find the state they live in either.

gore range

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2013, 11:35:05 PM »
....if and when use of chemical weapons by the Aassad  government is confirmed-

....the only appropriate and  correct channel to address the matter is  a criminal trial before the Hague for Assad and his government....

....only then, if Syria fails to make the adjudicated  consequence should a military action be pursed....

....most interesting that the widely hailed Nobel Peace Prize recipient is willing to go it alone in order to militarily attack a country
which poses absolutely to threat to the US with lethal force ....

....I can't believe I'm siding with the fricking Russians
:-\ .....

NightmarePatrol

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2013, 07:48:08 PM »
If we go... and it looks like we will the spin is going have to be something akin to goose poo covered in surgical jelly. Well... that's not what I really want to say, but I think y'all know what I mean.

bighair80s

"this space for rent"
Pages: [1]   Go Up

A random picture
Sorry, you need to be logged in to view the gallery
Portal Management Extension PortaMx™ v0.957 | PortaMx © 2008-2009 by PortaMx corp.