Advanced search  
Recent posts
* CLP REPORT *
by gore range
[Yesterday at 08:23:50 PM]
The Trump Administration
by gore range
[Yesterday at 08:00:30 PM]
Tell us how you hated 8 years of OBAMA and less than 2 years of TRUMP...
by gore range
[October 24, 2018, 10:54:50 PM]
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thirty days until the silly season  (Read 1897 times)

NightmarePatrol

• Self Important Starfish
Thirty days until the silly season
« on: October 27, 2014, 04:11:42 PM »
I've seen the signs. Red and green items are starting to pop up all over and the orange day hasn't even happened yet. I won't be participating on any Thanksgiving day madness or any of the lunacy that happens on Black Friday out of sheer refusal on principal and an dislike of crowds in general. I did try and do it once about twenty years ago. I lasted about hour in the retail carnage and left declaring it as something that spewed out the south end of a male bovine. So I tried it one, didn't like it. Pretty much like my take on being normal I guess.

So I've started to piece together stuff the kids might want and am attempting to reassemble the vague, and the occasional references/hints/clues my wife makes that are clear and concise communication in some language I don't understand. Nonethess, I'm going to try and get everything wrapped up by the end of the first week in December. That'll be a record too.

Amidala

Re: Thirty days until the silly season
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 04:19:34 PM »
I'll wait for Digital Monday or whatever its called. I LOVE shopping online! (And so do my joints!)

Janetplanet

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 05:22:16 PM »
My favorite book this time of year is "Unplugging the Christmas Machine."  Excellent book to help you focus on the true meaning of the season.  It was very helpful to me when my children were younger - it encouraged events rather than gifts.
handle every stressful situation like a dog.  pee on it and walk away.

NightmarePatrol

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 07:00:37 PM »
It's called Cyber Monday. That's when we do a lot of shopping too.

Janetplanet

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 07:34:48 PM »
We took the advice from the book and did the following:  For Christmas gave my two daughters a wrapped Anderson Tour book (they were early teens) and told them to pick a day trip they wanted.  They poured over that book for weeks, finally deciding on a day trip to Niagara Falls. The anticipation was great - the trip was wonderful and the memories lasted forever.  Thanks for reminding me of the great memory.
handle every stressful situation like a dog.  pee on it and walk away.

Amidala

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 08:37:50 PM »
Haha - Cyber Monday. Well, I was kind of close! Regardless, online shopping with free or cheap shipping is the wa to go. It costs me approx $12+ in gas to drive to Erie @ $3/gallon. Any shipping less than that is great!

Amidala

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2014, 09:14:28 PM »
In spite of the shopping challenges, I do like seeing Christmas lights and decorations.  Anakin does not have the family history of riding one's Speeder around, looking at Christmas lights, as do I. So, sometimes I go and ride around myself. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

A random picture
Sorry, you need to be logged in to view the gallery
Portal Management Extension PortaMx™ v0.957 | PortaMx © 2008-2009 by PortaMx corp.