Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Recent posts
The Trump Administration
by gore range
[Today at 07:08:48 PM]
Tell us how you hated 8 years of OBAMA and less than 2 years of TRUMP...
by gore range
[Today at 03:56:30 PM]
* CLP REPORT *
by gore range
[Yesterday at 11:34:25 PM]
....bang bang....
by gore range
[September 26, 2018, 04:55:42 PM]
Sad day
by NightmarePatrol
[September 17, 2018, 06:50:14 PM]
No Topic. Anything Goes.
by NightmarePatrol
[September 12, 2018, 02:39:09 PM]
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 ... 58   Go Down

Author Topic: The Trump Administration  (Read 67947 times)

Amidala

• Self Important Starfish
Re: The Trump Administration
« Reply #675 on: August 26, 2018, 02:40:59 PM »
No...it's just that Shakespeare could see into the future, when he wrote MacBeth....😂

Lifetime

• Honk if you've not seen a gun fired from a Harley
« Reply #676 on: August 26, 2018, 03:10:20 PM »

"fathered a child"...In what world do you live in, to think that if I were the loin monkey of a BILLIONAIRE that I wouldn't grab at that RING???? Let's see the damned PROOF!!!

Another couple days in Trump World:
Looks like he fathered a child from a previous housekeeper:
https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/24/politics/trump-tower-doorman-contract-ami/index.html
Some at Fox have some sanity, although they are few and far between:
https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2018/08/25/fox-smith-cavuto-baier-turn-trump-nr-vpx.cnn
Trump lost a battle with unions, too much winning:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/08/25/donald-trump-labor-unions-court-strikes-down-three-executive-orders/1098451002/
A few more of Trumps "friends" including Trump organization CFO Weisselberg and long time friend David Pecker CEO of the National Inquirer publisher are turning against him:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trumps-bad-week-growing-list-allies-turn-against-041558078--politics.html
Weisselberg alone has a wealth of information working with Trump's businesses and dealings for years prior.

Can it get any better for Trump?  What will this upcoming week bring?   :rofl:
The reality show continues.

Amidala

« Reply #677 on: August 26, 2018, 04:01:46 PM »
Paternity suits are easy to prove or disprove, with the advent of DNA technology.  It will be a matter of either Trump cooperating, or being forced to co-operate,  by the courts. None of this is surprising, nor will be Trump's responses.

Amidala

« Reply #678 on: August 26, 2018, 04:07:00 PM »
It is worth noting that the passing of John McCain, one of the most, patriotic, humble,  servant - leader politicians of our lifetime, leaves an unfillable gap in both his party and US politics. A good man of Scottish descent, and a family history of patriotic service. McCain understood how politics should work, in the US, to benefit all. He will be greatly missed by this senior feminist libtard.

Amidala

« Reply #679 on: August 26, 2018, 05:24:10 PM »
Article that speaks wonderfully to the bi-partisan respect McCain earned through his life of service. I particularly like Schumer's comment about speaking truth to power.

https://triblive.com/usworld/world/14013215-74/john-mccain-funeral-speakers-expected-to-include-bush-and-obama

Amidala

« Reply #680 on: August 26, 2018, 07:38:15 PM »

Lifetime

« Reply #681 on: August 26, 2018, 07:55:18 PM »
I respect Sen. McCain's service to his country but I know that he and John Kerry "killed' chances for any Missing in Actions in South East Asia to ever come home... This is a copy of the final report and within those 1233 pages is the revelation that WE POSSIBLY DIDI LEAVE LIVE AMERICANS BEHIND. Take the time to open and read it...1233 pages is nothing compared to be ABANDONED by your country. DPAA (Defense POW-MIA Accounting Agency) reports on LSRs (LIVE Sighting Reports) and over the years since the hearings..1991-93... the numbers have dwindled ..now down to 1 but over 50 sightings are STILL under investigation. I know this because I sit in on the DPAA meetings.

http://lcweb2.loc.gov/frd/pow/senate_house/pdf/report_S.pdf

Below is examples of his behavior at the Hearing and I knew Dolores Alfond as a friend (now passed). Her brother, Victor Apodaca ( http://www.pownetwork.org/bios/a/a020.htm)... was Dolores's closest focus along with ANY Americans still held.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CazKanlYDg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FavCYv0E5OU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qszVcxCK7mU

So... hope you took time to understand why, though I commend John McCain for his service in the Military...I have no respect for him on his stance on our missing... BTW go to:..
 http://www.dpaa.mil//

and click on "OUR MISSING" and see how many WE left behind since WWII.Rest in Peace Captain John McCain.... Now you know the truth.

Amidala

« Reply #682 on: August 26, 2018, 08:02:34 PM »
I certainly did not agree with McCain on every political point - people rarely do - but he understood what it meant to be an honorable, truth-speaking human being.

Thank you for those links. There is nothing more sobering than abandonment, whether familial, friendship, service, and so on.

Lifetime

« Reply #683 on: August 27, 2018, 06:50:12 AM »
Just to add to this... I have been honored to fly to Philadelphia and sit in on one of the "FAMILY MEETINGS" that the DPAA schedules throughout the year. This one is from 7 to 9 Sept. It is usually only for Government representatives and MIA Family Members. These are families who are STILL trying to find info and closure on family members missing in our wars. I will see the tears and hear the broken voices... yet again.... because closure may have been delayed over political stalemates...many from that Senate Committee in the early 90s.
also... over the many years I have been in this issue, I have talked to many personnel that were involved in those hearings. Then Sen. Bill Hendon...who was fired from the committee because he "asked too many questions." Sen. Bob Smith of NH...who was suppose to be the Chairman of the Committee.. Funny story... right... I talked with people who worked for McCain IN his office and when he found that Smith was to be the Chairman...he threw a screaming fit...even to throwing things around his office. He finally got his way and he and Kerry got the lead on it.

I am not denigrating the man's military service but... not all seems what it looks like on the surface. Give him his spotlight and then let him rest in peace. History is a fickled beast to be sorted out in coming years.

I certainly did not agree with McCain on every political point - people rarely do - but he understood what it meant to be an honorable, truth-speaking human being.

Thank you for those links. There is nothing more sobering than abandonment, whether familial, friendship, service, and so on.

gore range

« Reply #684 on: August 27, 2018, 08:30:15 AM »
...History is a fickled beast to be sorted out in coming years.

....history is not what is fickle....

....history records the “honorable, truth-speaking human being” got his political ass kicked by the Chicago community organizer who accomplished nothing prior to running for president other that a commendable number of “PRESENT” votes in the  US Senate and which history records is documented factually repeatedly lying to your face....

clp_lives

« Reply #685 on: August 27, 2018, 09:00:58 AM »
A war hero he was, and the President should have had some respect for that despite his bone spur lame excuse.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/08/27/donald-trump-john-mccain-statement/1108295002/

...History is a fickled beast to be sorted out in coming years.

....history is not what is fickle....

....history records the “honorable, truth-speaking human being” got his political ass kicked by the Chicago community organizer who accomplished nothing prior to running for president other that a commendable number of “PRESENT” votes in the  US Senate and which history records is documented factually repeatedly lying to your face....

bighair80s

« Reply #686 on: August 27, 2018, 09:21:26 AM »
Wait.. What?....Why are pacifists lauding a war hero?

I distinctly remember disdain for war hero’s just a few short years ago. 

"this space for rent"

gore range

« Reply #687 on: August 27, 2018, 10:13:57 AM »
....but then you are not an unhinged, deranged,   sour-puss, sour-grapes, sore loser perpetually endeavoring to compensate for the beloved big-tent, open-minded, now-thrown-under-the-bus-by-the-DNC candidate getting her rigged-primary-election ass kicked two years ago by  the “deployable, Walmart-smelling, gun toting, bible clinging, sexists, racist, homophobe, flag-waving, national anthem loving, misogynist, police-supporting, anti-immigrant, anti illegal-immigrant-sanctuary-city, build-the-wall,  fascists  bigots.”

gore range

« Reply #688 on: August 27, 2018, 10:46:15 AM »
...with the DNC now reaffirming crooked Hillary rigged the Democratic primary elections, and now having thrown her under the DNC bus, it is starting to look like the 2020 Democratic ticket is beginning to take shape.

The Dems are on record stating that they will be pushing how unfair Trump’s tax cuts are to their target voters.

On a pertinent side note, the latest June-July Reueter’s-Ipsos poll reports of those surveyed,

-44% of democrats now support Medicare/single payer medical coverage for all
-79% of Democrats now support free college for all
-44% support abolishing ICE

The Wall Street Journal detailed and laid out the numbers earlier month that even with taxing all the “rich” at a 100% tax rate would not cover the cost for just a single-payer health-care system.

The Journal noted that doubling the income taxes of ALL tax payers would not pay for  a single-payer health care system for all.
A George Mason University Mercedes Center study reports a single payer health system it would cause $32.6 trillion increase in federal spending over a 10-year period.

That works out THREE TRILLION A YEAR, or-

....$24,600 in new income taxes each year for EVERY TAX PAYING WORKER IN THE US.

Currently, there are aprox 24 million college students in the US. CNBC reports the average annual tuition (not room and board) for in-state students at a public college is $20,090.

That works out to $482 billion a year, or $3,700 in new taxes every year for EVERY tax-paying worker in the US.
[/]

clp_lives

« Reply #689 on: August 27, 2018, 12:14:34 PM »
In other news the FY 2018 budget deficit is expected to be much larger than previously anticipated currently $804 billion at a time the economy has near full employment.
https://www.cbo.gov/topics/budget
And it is projected to get much worse:
In CBO’s baseline projections, which incorporate the assumption that current laws governing taxes and spending generally remain unchanged, the federal budget deficit grows substantially over the next few years. Later on, between 2023 and 2028, it stabilizes in relation to the size of the economy, though at a high level by historical standards. As a result, federal debt is projected to be on a steadily rising trajectory throughout the coming decade. Debt held by the public, which has doubled in the past 10 years as a percentage of gross domestic product (GDP), approaches 100 percent of GDP by 2028 in CBO’s projections. That amount is far greater than the debt in any year since just after World War II. Moreover, if lawmakers changed current law to maintain certain current policies—preventing a significant increase in individual income taxes in 2026 and drops in funding for defense and nondefense discretionary programs in 2020, for example—the result would be even larger increases in debt.
Projected deficits over the 2018–2027 period have increased markedly since June 2017, when CBO issued its previous projections. The increase stems primarily from tax and spending legislation enacted since then—especially Public Law 115-97 (originally called the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act and called the 2017 tax act in this report), the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2018 (P.L. 115-123), and the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2018 (P.L. 115-141). The legislation has significantly reduced revenues and increased outlays anticipated under current law.
  In CBO’s economic projections, which underlie its budget projections, output grows at a faster pace this year than in 2017, as the recent changes in fiscal policy add to existing momentum in spending on goods and services. Growth in actual GDP outpaces growth in potential (that is, maximum sustainable) GDP both this year and next, pushing the unemployment rate down. After 2019, economic growth is projected to slow, eventually matching CBO’s estimate of the economy’s maximum sustainable rate of growth.[
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 12:26:43 PM by clp_lives »
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 ... 58   Go Up

A random picture
Sorry, you need to be logged in to view the gallery
Portal Management Extension PortaMx™ v0.957 | PortaMx © 2008-2009 by PortaMx corp.