Advanced search  
Recent posts
* CLP REPORT *
by gore range
[Yesterday at 08:23:50 PM]
The Trump Administration
by gore range
[Yesterday at 08:00:30 PM]
Tell us how you hated 8 years of OBAMA and less than 2 years of TRUMP...
by gore range
[October 24, 2018, 10:54:50 PM]
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 ... 65   Go Down

Author Topic: The Trump Administration  (Read 87669 times)

bighair80s

• Self Important Starfish
Re: The Trump Administration
« Reply #720 on: August 31, 2018, 11:43:20 AM »
My earlier post regarding Soren Kierkegaard was surprisingly accurate and even ironic. 

Sacrifice is actually the highest form of humility, and many times the people accused of the highest arrogance have actually express the highest form of humility. And what’s even weirder, it takes a heart of humility to even see that.

"this space for rent"

Amidala

« Reply #721 on: August 31, 2018, 11:43:46 AM »
Life is not fair. Only Libtards want fairness in life.😝

"In God We Trust, All Others Pay Cash."

----

You know, I think all jobs should pay a LIVING  wage - Military, McDonald's, CNAs ( the humble lifeblood of hospitals).. but...but...we are a BIG, FREE, nation with lots of opinions, lots of attitude, lots of inequity, lots of money, lots of patriarchy, lots of tribalism, lots of pride, ...it's hard, really, really hard, to strike that necessary balance.

Amidala

« Reply #722 on: August 31, 2018, 11:59:03 AM »
My earlier post regarding Soren Kierkegaard was surprisingly accurate and even ironic. 

Sacrifice is actually the highest form of humility, and many times the people accused of the highest arrogance have actually express the highest form of humility. And what’s even weirder, it takes a heart of humility to even see that.

Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends. John 13:15 Jesus, way before Kirkegaard.

Of course, within the context of Military and war, the
discussion then centers around Just War Theory, Augustinian theology and such. I'll leave that up to Gore and Lifetime....🤔

Amidala

« Reply #723 on: August 31, 2018, 02:17:07 PM »
I have just returned to the castle from my weekly hunting and gathering expedition. I had two things happen while out, that made me think of today's conversation...

First, while crossing Smock Bridge, I saw a large hawk dangling a snake from its talons. I thought, Good choice of time and place for the hawk. Bad choice of time and place for the snake.

Secondly, while contemplating a section of shelves in the grocery, a tall, gray-haired, well-dressed, mustachioed man, passing by, said to me, smiling, "Decisions, decisions." 

:) 

clp_lives

« Reply #724 on: August 31, 2018, 08:47:53 PM »
Chalk one more up for Team Mueller.  Cleaning the swamp, one Trump associate at a time.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/31/politics/w-samuel-patten-plea-russia-ukraine/index.html
MAGA - My Attorney Got Arrested

Lifetime

• Honk if you've not seen a gun fired from a Harley
« Reply #725 on: September 02, 2018, 10:04:03 AM »
I know this is the day he will be buried at Annapolis as he should be.... I have added this to my original post though and found it was posted in You Tube recently. It may give some something to think about and MOST of those in this video...I have known for over 30 years, to include the Politicians and civilians that were identified in it. I do not agree with all that is implied but I do agree with what is a matter of record...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnlQpKdNjWU

I have found in life that as wonderful as a rose appears to be.... they can bring blood. Be wary of what is underneath....

I respect Sen. McCain's service to his country but I know that he and John Kerry "killed' chances for any Missing in Actions in South East Asia to ever come home... This is a copy of the final report and within those 1233 pages is the revelation that WE POSSIBLY DIDI LEAVE LIVE AMERICANS BEHIND. Take the time to open and read it...1233 pages is nothing compared to be ABANDONED by your country. DPAA (Defense POW-MIA Accounting Agency) reports on LSRs (LIVE Sighting Reports) and over the years since the hearings..1991-93... the numbers have dwindled ..now down to 1 but over 50 sightings are STILL under investigation. I know this because I sit in on the DPAA meetings.

http://lcweb2.loc.gov/frd/pow/senate_house/pdf/report_S.pdf

Below is examples of his behavior at the Hearing and I knew Dolores Alfond as a friend (now passed). Her brother, Victor Apodaca ( http://www.pownetwork.org/bios/a/a020.htm)... was Dolores's closest focus along with ANY Americans still held.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CazKanlYDg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FavCYv0E5OU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qszVcxCK7mU

So... hope you took time to understand why, though I commend John McCain for his service in the Military...I have no respect for him on his stance on our missing... BTW go to:..
 http://www.dpaa.mil//

and click on "OUR MISSING" and see how many WE left behind since WWII.Rest in Peace Captain John McCain.... Now you know the truth.

Amidala

« Reply #726 on: September 03, 2018, 12:18:14 PM »
I'm glad, Lifetime, you are an advocate for POW/MIA. That we have the freedom to advocate for causes, even if means challenging the government, is really a privilege. This is why I say that we have to make informed decisions about our lives - "Decisions, decisions." And that advocacy is a direct result of yours and other's military service, throughout history, starting with the Revolutionary War.

I do agree that even Roses Have Thorns. But we are an imperfect species, albeit the top of any and all 'chains' on the planet. While imperfect, and McCain has always admitted to this, he was able to see "The Big Picture" of our nation because of his unique life experience. Those experiences made him a strong, and I think, selfless person. As one of his eulogists said, 'He abhorred the abuse of power.' He was not afraid to speak against it, and his funeral was designed to speak against the current administration, &  his own party. Esquire magazine has a BRILLIANT article about John McCain's War Council - look it up.

Nevertheless, good on you for taking a stand for the lost and missing. 👍👍
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 12:28:19 PM by Amidala »

Amidala

Amidala

« Reply #728 on: September 03, 2018, 01:33:35 PM »
And for anyone whose raison d'etre in life is to call out hypocrisy, I offer Jennifer Rubin's Washington Post Op-Ed calling out the hypocrisy of Pence, McConnell  & Ryan at McCain's service.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/opinions/wp/2018/08/31/three-men-unfit-to-eulogize-mccain/?utm_term=.bace32f05e77
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 03:39:10 PM by Amidala »

clp_lives

« Reply #729 on: September 03, 2018, 05:33:31 PM »
Have to love the hypocrisy of Trump and this administration with this latest attempt at obstruction of justice  If only the Democrats tried to pull stuff like this, but his supporters like some on this forum, are perfectly fine for Trump to do it.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/03/politics/donald-trump-jeff-sessions-justice-department/index.html

Lifetime

« Reply #730 on: September 03, 2018, 06:11:15 PM »
Interesting how you will quote 'He abhorred the abuse of power.'... I have to wonder what these family members thought at that time... Or...what happened that the Lawyer didn't take anymore calls from FAMILY members... Hmmmmmm "abuse of power,,,"

Fact...I have known or met damned near every Family member Eleanor Apodaca mentioned and at present...The Carol Hrdlicka family is pressing to find information on their lost family member... Col. David L. Hrdlicka.
So you will have to forgive me for my low chuckle when you mentioned 'He abhorred the abuse of power.'

Oh and as far as decisions that I MADE... I was Drafted by my country and that includes YOU. I was told to report to Ft. Jackson and 6 months later I was sucking the beautiful Perfume of hot death and decay as soon as I was off the plane in Bien Hoa. So... my decision??? Wasn't even on the Dance Card of this teenage boy.... but I did what YOU told me to do. Thank you... it made me a better, more informed, more caring old fart of a Veteran. Life goes on... but at least know what truth looks like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1AWeZrdxfQ&feature=youtu.be

I'm glad, Lifetime, you are an advocate for POW/MIA. That we have the freedom to advocate for causes, even if means challenging the government, is really a privilege. This is why I say that we have to make informed decisions about our lives - "Decisions, decisions." And that advocacy is a direct result of yours and other's military service, throughout history, starting with the Revolutionary War.

I do agree that even Roses Have Thorns. But we are an imperfect species, albeit the top of any and all 'chains' on the planet. While imperfect, and McCain has always admitted to this, he was able to see "The Big Picture" of our nation because of his unique life experience. Those experiences made him a strong, and I think, selfless person. As one of his eulogists said, 'He abhorred the abuse of power.' He was not afraid to speak against it, and his funeral was designed to speak against the current administration, &  his own party. Esquire magazine has a BRILLIANT article about John McCain's War Council - look it up.

Nevertheless, good on you for taking a stand for the lost and missing. 👍👍

Amidala

« Reply #731 on: September 03, 2018, 06:36:43 PM »
There is nothing inherently good about war, nothing. It is not noble or good. That's why I mentioned Just War Theory and Augustine's theology earlier. For those who served willingly, or unwillingly, I'm sorry that it happened to you. To everyone.  I'm sorry so many died.

I was a pre-teen without voting rights during VietNam. The "black&white TV war" as I call it, did teach me to stay far away from such horror.     

Lifetime

« Reply #732 on: September 03, 2018, 07:47:04 PM »
So...when your country calls.... you turn tail. Hmmmmmm. Letting you know... I also could not vote while I was in Nam.
Sometimes it isn't " just about you". Many died covering others asses. Selfless.

[quot,  author=Amidala link=topic=3462.msg61043#msg61043 date=1536014203]
There is nothing inherently good about war, nothing. It is not noble or good. That's why I mentioned Just War Theory and Augustine's theology earlier. For those who served willingly, or unwillingly, I'm sorry that it happened to you. To everyone.  I'm sorry so many died.

I was a pre-teen without voting rights during VietNam. The "black&white TV war" as I call it, did teach me to stay far away from such horror.   

Amidala

« Reply #733 on: September 03, 2018, 08:25:07 PM »
I did not turn 18 until after Nixon's Accord in '73, and I am female so military was not an option, but  YES, the horrors of the TV war made a lasting impression on my young psyche.

Decades later, when I learned of Just War Theory & theology and researched it, I realized that, while abhorrent, there are times when war is just, can be waged justly ( also important), the US does not always follow those standards
and that as a Christian and a voter, these things are important to me. Unfortunately, many people, many Christians, many politicians do not know or care about JWT - they are more interested in power and might and other similar worldly expressions of nationalism. Just War Theory doctrine is a very, very interesting concept (to me) & theology. I won't discuss it further here - another thread should be opened for that - but if anyone is not familiar with it, you can get a quick look here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Just_war_theory
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 08:50:41 PM by Amidala »

Lifetime

« Reply #734 on: September 03, 2018, 10:52:44 PM »
Soooooooo that being said.... we need to get YOUR approval on what is just or not? Oh...and if.... if I were "Emperor"..the Draft would be back....to include females. Right now females make up about 12% of our military... and there are ...I believe.... 7 women named on the Wall In D.C.
Read all the books you want. My thought is that ALL the freedoms you enjoy has been assured in our borders, by those willing to sacrifice.
Our Revolutionary War was fought by only a small group of Soon To Be Americans. It seems the majority did not "feel" they should upset the "Empire". Guess they didn't think the war was a just one.Yet ALL ceased bowing to the Queen and we are what we are. Seems you were born about 235 years too late?
Self Loyalty can possibly leave you holding your own can of worms. I know one thing... I DO NOT want you to cover mine or any of MY family's backs. My State Trooper Son and soon enough to be Trooper Grand Daughter will be sure not to ask you assistance, should the need arise. If they did... I am sure you would give them one of the books you read first.
And... I was drafted by Local 102 Selective Service Board and for the past 4 years I have been a Board member of the same one. I am pro Draft.... for all of age and ability. I am NOT a sexist... ;) 
I did not turn 18 until after Nixon's Accord in '73, and I am female so military was not an option, but  YES, the horrors of the TV war made a lasting impression on my young psyche.

Decades later, when I learned of Just War Theory & theology and researched it, I realized that, while abhorrent, there are times when war is just, can be waged justly ( also important), the US does not always follow those standards
and that as a Christian and a voter, these things are important to me. Unfortunately, many people, many Christians, many politicians do not know or care about JWT - they are more interested in power and might and other similar worldly expressions of nationalism. Just War Theory doctrine is a very, very interesting concept (to me) & theology. I won't discuss it further here - another thread should be opened for that - but if anyone is not familiar with it, you can get a quick look here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Just_war_theory
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 ... 65   Go Up

A random picture
Sorry, you need to be logged in to view the gallery
Portal Management Extension PortaMx™ v0.957 | PortaMx © 2008-2009 by PortaMx corp.