Advanced search  
Recent posts
The Trump Administration
by gore range
[Today at 01:10:36 PM]
* CLP REPORT *
by IC2ITUC
[Yesterday at 12:21:56 AM]
Tell us how you hated 8 years of OBAMA and less than 2 years of TRUMP...
by gore range
[October 24, 2018, 10:54:50 PM]
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 ... 66   Go Down

Author Topic: The Trump Administration  (Read 89962 times)

gore range and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Lifetime

• Self Important Starfish
  • Honk if you've not seen a gun fired from a Harley
Re: The Trump Administration
« Reply #765 on: September 12, 2018, 08:01:58 AM »
I thank you.... I did not think we needed a Speech and Spelling instructor in these forums. It seems that someone thinks they are the DO ALL END ALL. I never had a problem getting my ideas on the floor with Congress...both House and Senate ( State ans Fed) as well as the Government Agencies I worked for and still interact with. My reports have no problem being "understood" and Legislation I have worked on are in the LOC. Sometimes I wonder about people who live in glass houses. I know I am not perfect (Having checked my hands, feet and side for holes) and I doubt the person who disparaged me, has NONE of them as well..... Amidala... ;)

I think your ideas are coming through quite clearly. Regardless of your communication skills.

Amidala

« Reply #766 on: September 12, 2018, 09:10:47 AM »
Then be your best, here, as well.  ;D

clp_lives

« Reply #767 on: September 15, 2018, 09:26:06 AM »
Boom, there goes another one for team Mueller.  He has quite an impressive record in this investigation.  Draining the swamp one at a time.  Now don't stop till you get to the top.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2018/09/14/paul-manafort-plea-deal-mueller-investigation-accelerates-column/1305442002/

clp_lives

« Reply #768 on: September 16, 2018, 09:54:17 PM »
Wonder if Trump will include some nasty remarks about Hillary or Obama in the message.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/faf5fe0b-3fad-3174-81ed-00331f0f2096/fema-to-send-its-first.html

clp_lives

« Reply #769 on: September 16, 2018, 10:05:03 PM »
I thought Trump said everyone would get around $8k extra in their pay with the cuts.  Tell that to the farmers who's income dropped over 20% in one year......
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/brutal-map-shows-u-s-farmers-want-trump-end-trade-war-123443562.html

Amidala

bighair80s

« Reply #771 on: September 17, 2018, 10:53:46 AM »
It’s weird how all non Democratic presidents in recent history are all mentally ill and stupid.  Not just garden variety mentally ill and stupid but more like “stark raving mad” mentally ill  and “rock with eye sockets” dumb.   :D
....reminds me of the Weather Channel guy fighting off hurricane force winds while we all catch a glimpse of two guys casually strolling in the background.  Heh.
"this space for rent"

Amidala

« Reply #772 on: September 17, 2018, 11:05:02 AM »
Why would you say that? Did you even read the article?

Bush1 was well respected - still is. Bush 2 was a little nutty, besides he had a poor command of English and he listened too much to Cheyney, but I've never heard anyone accuse him of serious, mental health issues. He handled 9/11 as well as could be expected by anyone, regardless of party. Eisenhower was fine. Reagan did have the onset of Alzheimer's. Nixon, on the other hand, had some sort ego problem - he wanted to be above the law. 🤔

I think your generalisations are .... generalisations, and inaccurate at that.   The GOP has relished dissing Clinton & Obama just as much! 

An MD friend of mine, a classmate I've known for over 50 years, cautioned against Trump's mental health BEFORE the election. ( And she just read the article and publically agreed with the author. An experienced MD....) The people in the article are mental health professionals - they are experienced in their field. 

We watched the Netflix documentary about Trump with lots and lots of video footage throughout his life - scandals, affairs, marriages, divorces, financial crises --- his language and manner is the same throughout his life, deceptive, arrogant, self-centered, greedy. There is nothing new, or safe, about his state of mind.

A question .... If you are going to discard the findings of mental health professionals regarding their comments in the article, will you stop going to doctors altogether? Cardiologists? PCPs? Why trust any of them about anything?🤔 After all, they all come out of the same system.😉
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 11:44:03 AM by Amidala »

Amidala

« Reply #773 on: September 17, 2018, 11:54:23 AM »
I forgot Gerald Ford - he had a difficult presidency for a lot of reasons but did ok. His wife was an alcoholic, and founder of the Betty Ford Centers.

bighair80s

« Reply #774 on: September 17, 2018, 12:17:28 PM »
What are my generalizations? 

"this space for rent"

bighair80s

« Reply #775 on: September 17, 2018, 12:19:07 PM »
It also seems your position is right because you know smarter people than I do.  Is this your position?

"this space for rent"

bighair80s

« Reply #776 on: September 17, 2018, 12:38:06 PM »
There is one thing I find fascinating about Trump, his ability to expose or draw out hypocrisy in others without even trying or even realizing that’s what happened.  If he were the worst asshat in the world, and maybe he is,maybe you and I are, this uncanny outcome is still pretty interesting. 
You know,it is possible to personally disagree with a persons constitution but still be amazed at the light it sheds on the periphery and maybe even more profoundly, the exposure it reveals inwardly.
The unexamined life is not worth living. Socrates meant self examination. 

"this space for rent"

Amidala

« Reply #777 on: September 17, 2018, 12:52:38 PM »
It’s weird how all non Democratic presidents in recent history are all mentally ill and stupid.  Not just garden variety mentally ill and stupid but more like “stark raving mad” mentally ill  and “rock with eye sockets” dumb.   :D
....reminds me of the Weather Channel guy fighting off hurricane force winds while we all catch a glimpse of two guys casually strolling in the background.  Heh.

Your generalisation is that "Its weird how all non-Democratic Presidents in recent history are mentally ill and stupid."

That's a broad statement.

So, if that's what you believe to be "factually" true, feel free to find documentation from group(s) of mental health professionals - has to be mental health professionals, to be equivalent - publishing against any of the "non-Democrat Presidents" since Eisenhower, DURING THEIR TIME IN OFFICE. Can't be after the fact, to be equivalent.

Don't talk about navel gazing - defend your position.

Amidala

« Reply #778 on: September 17, 2018, 01:33:44 PM »
It also seems your position is right because you know smarter people than I do.  Is this your position?

[/quote

Let me answer this way:. I value education very highly. VERY HIGHLY. It is the avenue to a better life on many levels.- economic, healthcare, relationships, civic duty, volunteerism, grocery shopping,  ...the list is endless of the impact someone can have, or receive, because some has at least a little education, can think critically, and observe and analyse. Skills many don't even know they need.  Education, or lack thereof, influences our decision-making process on a daily basis. Analytical skills are very needed in our complex culture.

You will remember my health crisis of 2009. I am not ignorant to the fact that, had I not received care from VERY HIGHLY EDUCATED MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS, I would have died. Period. No Euphemism. I would not be here typing. 

I particularly respect and value the skills and talents of medical professionals, because of my life experience. There is nothing anyone can say to change my opinion. I do my very best to self-report my medical history and symptoms, accurately, when ill, so I can get the very best treatment, in return, from medicine.

However, don't confuse problems with health insurance coverage with the knowledge & skills of medical providers. Those are two separate issues, two separate but intertwined businesses.

My own education  has served me well in life - careers, friendships. Both of my retirement hobby jobs are available to me because of my education and acquired skills.  I enjoy learning, always have, always will.

bighair80s

« Reply #779 on: September 17, 2018, 01:35:39 PM »
“Your generalisation is that "Its weird how all non-Democratic Presidents in recent history are mentally ill and stupid."

That's a broad statement. “

Yes it is.  But I didn’t make it.  On this forum you yourself have provided expert opinions regarding this. I remember you even expounded the dry drunk theory about Bush.  Lol I was merely referencing your past posts.  I wasn’t even disagreeing with them. My original post was satirical in that the degree is  exaggerated.  Thus my reference to the weather channel guy.  You’ve proved my satire, you’ve launched an unnecessary argument with your own suppositions and I can’t even respond in any coherent way because you’ve assumed wrong about my positions. 

You’ve gone far beyond the scope of my post. You’ve assumed a lot from a few sentences then gone on to frame your arguments and require me to answer to your interpretation of it. You don’t really even know what I think about these things but respond as though you do.    It says more about your viewpoint than mine. 
"this space for rent"
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 ... 66   Go Up

A random picture
Sorry, you need to be logged in to view the gallery
Portal Management Extension PortaMx™ v0.957 | PortaMx © 2008-2009 by PortaMx corp.