by gore range
[September 18, 2018, 01:14:50 AM]
Sad day
by NightmarePatrol
[September 17, 2018, 06:50:14 PM]
No Topic. Anything Goes.
by NightmarePatrol
[September 12, 2018, 02:39:09 PM]
Tell us how you hated 8 years of OBAMA and less than 2 years of TRUMP...
by gore range
[August 29, 2018, 09:28:05 PM]
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58   Go Down

Author Topic: The Trump Administration  (Read 58157 times)

clp_lives

• Self Important Starfish
Re: The Trump Administration
« Reply #810 on: September 03, 2018, 05:33:31 PM »
Have to love the hypocrisy of Trump and this administration with this latest attempt at obstruction of justice  If only the Democrats tried to pull stuff like this, but his supporters like some on this forum, are perfectly fine for Trump to do it.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/03/politics/donald-trump-jeff-sessions-justice-department/index.html

Lifetime

• Honk if you've not seen a gun fired from a Harley
« Reply #811 on: September 03, 2018, 06:11:15 PM »
Interesting how you will quote 'He abhorred the abuse of power.'... I have to wonder what these family members thought at that time... Or...what happened that the Lawyer didn't take anymore calls from FAMILY members... Hmmmmmm "abuse of power,,,"

Fact...I have known or met damned near every Family member Eleanor Apodaca mentioned and at present...The Carol Hrdlicka family is pressing to find information on their lost family member... Col. David L. Hrdlicka.
So you will have to forgive me for my low chuckle when you mentioned 'He abhorred the abuse of power.'

Oh and as far as decisions that I MADE... I was Drafted by my country and that includes YOU. I was told to report to Ft. Jackson and 6 months later I was sucking the beautiful Perfume of hot death and decay as soon as I was off the plane in Bien Hoa. So... my decision??? Wasn't even on the Dance Card of this teenage boy.... but I did what YOU told me to do. Thank you... it made me a better, more informed, more caring old fart of a Veteran. Life goes on... but at least know what truth looks like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1AWeZrdxfQ&feature=youtu.be

I'm glad, Lifetime, you are an advocate for POW/MIA. That we have the freedom to advocate for causes, even if means challenging the government, is really a privilege. This is why I say that we have to make informed decisions about our lives - "Decisions, decisions." And that advocacy is a direct result of yours and other's military service, throughout history, starting with the Revolutionary War.

I do agree that even Roses Have Thorns. But we are an imperfect species, albeit the top of any and all 'chains' on the planet. While imperfect, and McCain has always admitted to this, he was able to see "The Big Picture" of our nation because of his unique life experience. Those experiences made him a strong, and I think, selfless person. As one of his eulogists said, 'He abhorred the abuse of power.' He was not afraid to speak against it, and his funeral was designed to speak against the current administration, &  his own party. Esquire magazine has a BRILLIANT article about John McCain's War Council - look it up.

Nevertheless, good on you for taking a stand for the lost and missing. 👍👍

Amidala

« Reply #812 on: September 03, 2018, 06:36:43 PM »
There is nothing inherently good about war, nothing. It is not noble or good. That's why I mentioned Just War Theory and Augustine's theology earlier. For those who served willingly, or unwillingly, I'm sorry that it happened to you. To everyone.  I'm sorry so many died.

I was a pre-teen without voting rights during VietNam. The "black&white TV war" as I call it, did teach me to stay far away from such horror.     

Lifetime

« Reply #813 on: September 03, 2018, 07:47:04 PM »
So...when your country calls.... you turn tail. Hmmmmmm. Letting you know... I also could not vote while I was in Nam.
Sometimes it isn't " just about you". Many died covering others asses. Selfless.

[quot,  author=Amidala link=topic=3462.msg61043#msg61043 date=1536014203]
There is nothing inherently good about war, nothing. It is not noble or good. That's why I mentioned Just War Theory and Augustine's theology earlier. For those who served willingly, or unwillingly, I'm sorry that it happened to you. To everyone.  I'm sorry so many died.

I was a pre-teen without voting rights during VietNam. The "black&white TV war" as I call it, did teach me to stay far away from such horror.   

Amidala

« Reply #814 on: September 03, 2018, 08:25:07 PM »
I did not turn 18 until after Nixon's Accord in '73, and I am female so military was not an option, but  YES, the horrors of the TV war made a lasting impression on my young psyche.

Decades later, when I learned of Just War Theory & theology and researched it, I realized that, while abhorrent, there are times when war is just, can be waged justly ( also important), the US does not always follow those standards
and that as a Christian and a voter, these things are important to me. Unfortunately, many people, many Christians, many politicians do not know or care about JWT - they are more interested in power and might and other similar worldly expressions of nationalism. Just War Theory doctrine is a very, very interesting concept (to me) & theology. I won't discuss it further here - another thread should be opened for that - but if anyone is not familiar with it, you can get a quick look here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Just_war_theory
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 08:50:41 PM by Amidala »

Lifetime

« Reply #815 on: September 03, 2018, 10:52:44 PM »
Soooooooo that being said.... we need to get YOUR approval on what is just or not? Oh...and if.... if I were "Emperor"..the Draft would be back....to include females. Right now females make up about 12% of our military... and there are ...I believe.... 7 women named on the Wall In D.C.
Read all the books you want. My thought is that ALL the freedoms you enjoy has been assured in our borders, by those willing to sacrifice.
Our Revolutionary War was fought by only a small group of Soon To Be Americans. It seems the majority did not "feel" they should upset the "Empire". Guess they didn't think the war was a just one.Yet ALL ceased bowing to the Queen and we are what we are. Seems you were born about 235 years too late?
Self Loyalty can possibly leave you holding your own can of worms. I know one thing... I DO NOT want you to cover mine or any of MY family's backs. My State Trooper Son and soon enough to be Trooper Grand Daughter will be sure not to ask you assistance, should the need arise. If they did... I am sure you would give them one of the books you read first.
And... I was drafted by Local 102 Selective Service Board and for the past 4 years I have been a Board member of the same one. I am pro Draft.... for all of age and ability. I am NOT a sexist... ;) 
I did not turn 18 until after Nixon's Accord in '73, and I am female so military was not an option, but  YES, the horrors of the TV war made a lasting impression on my young psyche.

Decades later, when I learned of Just War Theory & theology and researched it, I realized that, while abhorrent, there are times when war is just, can be waged justly ( also important), the US does not always follow those standards
and that as a Christian and a voter, these things are important to me. Unfortunately, many people, many Christians, many politicians do not know or care about JWT - they are more interested in power and might and other similar worldly expressions of nationalism. Just War Theory doctrine is a very, very interesting concept (to me) & theology. I won't discuss it further here - another thread should be opened for that - but if anyone is not familiar with it, you can get a quick look here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Just_war_theory

Amidala

« Reply #816 on: September 03, 2018, 10:57:12 PM »
No, no, you do not need my permission for anything. I was merely  expressing my opinion, and why I have my opinion, briefly.

And guess what? My father was a PA State Trooper...rode a horse and drove a Gray Ghost... 😊 He would not let me apply to the Academy.  And I very happily pay my PA State taxes to support the PSP!  I think the PSP is the best state police organisation in the nation. They are highly trained and professional.  I cry when they mourn a lost trooper. If I have occassion to chat with a trooper, I thank them and tell them about my dad. I temereme being driven to school, after lunch at home in an un-air-conditioned cruiser. I remember the summer they wore wool uniforms all summer, because the Governor never issued an order to switch to summer uniforms. Love the PSP. I wish your family all the best!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 11:35:58 PM by Amidala »

Amidala

« Reply #817 on: September 04, 2018, 12:23:52 AM »
I also want to add that one of the reasons I am pro-union is because of the PSP. When I was growing up, before the union, we were poor, and many businesses offered free or reduced services to Troopers - passes to an amusement park & the drive-in were my favorites. I don't remember exactly when the union came, but the big benefit to me was my father's health insurance -  made it very easy for me to care for him in his later years. I am so thankful for ,the PSP union for those things.

clp_lives

« Reply #818 on: September 04, 2018, 02:51:26 PM »
Even the legal expert on Fox News agrees with me.   :rofl:
https://www.thedailybeast.com/fox-and-friends-scrambles-to-defend-trump-from-their-own-legal-expert?yptr=yahoo
Have to love the hypocrisy of Trump and this administration with this latest attempt at obstruction of justice  If only the Democrats tried to pull stuff like this, but his supporters like some on this forum, are perfectly fine for Trump to do it.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/03/politics/donald-trump-jeff-sessions-justice-department/index.html

clp_lives

« Reply #819 on: September 05, 2018, 12:01:38 PM »
“He’s gone off the rails. We’re in Crazytown,” chief of staff John Kelly said, according to the book. “I don’t even know why any of us are here. This is the worst job I’ve ever had.”

clp_lives

« Reply #820 on: September 05, 2018, 12:49:51 PM »
An orange jumpsuit might match his complexion.   :rofl:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fear-trump-white-house-seven-094200609.html
Lawyer was convinced the president would commit perjury if he spoke to Russia probe leader Robert Mueller
Mr Trump’s former personal lawyer John Dowd is said to have told the president that he would probably end up in prison if he testified to special counsel Robert Mueller’s probe into Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election.
To illustrate his point he reportedly staged a practice interrogation with the president, who responded to questions with “stumbles, contradictions and lies” before losing his cool.
“Don’t testify,” Mr Dowd allegedly told him. “It’s either that or an orange jumpsuit.”But Mr Trump is said to have been convinced he could handle Mr Mueller’s questions, declaring: “I’ll be a real good witness.”
“You are not a good witness,” Mr Dowd replied. “Mr President, I’m afraid I just can’t help you.”
He resigned the next morning.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 04:02:53 PM by clp_lives »

Amidala

« Reply #821 on: September 05, 2018, 02:52:35 PM »
Woodward is an outstanding journalist, and I wouldn't be surprised if he wins his own Pulitzer when this drama is all said and done. The Watergate effort is considered to be the finest example of investigative journalism, and Woodward may surpass himself. It will be interesting to follow. 🤔🏆

Amidala

« Reply #822 on: September 05, 2018, 04:39:12 PM »

clp_lives

« Reply #823 on: September 05, 2018, 08:34:40 PM »
Love the chaos with this bad joke of an administration.

The Resistance Within The Trump Administration:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/05/opinion/trump-white-house-anonymous-resistance.html

Amidala

« Reply #824 on: September 05, 2018, 08:41:58 PM »
Love the chaos with this bad joke of an administration.

The Resistance Within The Trump Administration:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/05/opinion/trump-white-house-anonymous-resistance.html

Strategically, it's a fascinating move. Im guessing no one saw that coming!  IIloved the nod that "adults are in the room." Trump' response, while predictable, was classic accuse and deflect. 

MacBeth.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 08:54:25 AM by Amidala »
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58   Go Up

A random picture
Sorry, you need to be logged in to view the gallery
Portal Management Extension PortaMx™ v0.957 | PortaMx © 2008-2009 by PortaMx corp.