[Yesterday at 05:58:19 PM]
More on climate change
by Amidala
[December 11, 2018, 12:31:16 PM]
....bang bang....
by gore range
[December 04, 2018, 08:37:38 AM]
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 ... 73   Go Down

Author Topic: The Trump Administration  (Read 155022 times)

bighair80s

• Self Important Starfish
Re: The Trump Administration
« Reply #975 on: November 18, 2018, 11:04:44 PM »
“I wrote it down and will use it in my volunteer senior citizen ladies internet class discussion this week.”
😂 :D
"this space for rent"

gore range

« Reply #976 on: November 19, 2018, 12:26:29 PM »

.... ;) ....

gore range

« Reply #977 on: November 19, 2018, 12:36:53 PM »
....we’ll stick this factual reality right here for the consideration of those ‘deplorable’, ‘sexist’, ‘racist’, ‘misogynist’, ‘homophobic’ , ‘xenophobic’, raised-as-fools children of mothers-who-husbands-tell-them-how-to vote....

....with the mainstream news slant on the 2018 midterm election, one might erroneously think the Democrats are now in control of:

-approving nominated members of the Cabinet,

-approving nominated heads of most federal executive agencies,

-approving nominated ambassadors,

-approving nominated Justices of the Supreme Court and all other federal judges,

-ratifying treaties, and –

-controlling the impeachment of the President of the United States for high crimes and misdemeanors.

Of course-

.... those responsibilities are not only in the full control of the ‘racist’, ‘sexist’, ‘bigoted’, ‘misogynistic,’ 'gang-rape supporting’, ‘women are liars’, ‘anti-diversity’, ‘anti-democratic’  Senate, where-

....the Senate saw an increase in the number of GOP majority votes.

....it just can’t possibly get any sillier  :D ........until the second half of the day's mainstream news cycle  ;) ....

clp_lives

« Reply #978 on: November 19, 2018, 09:04:20 PM »
I wonder what all those Clinton haters will say now with Ivanka using her private email for government business.  Gore?  Lock her up?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/11/19/ivanka-trump-used-personal-email-account-government-work-report/2062280002/
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 11:11:24 PM by clp_lives »

clp_lives

« Reply #979 on: November 19, 2018, 09:14:35 PM »
+ 37 now.  Democrats picked up 8 of 12 tossups and 3 that were saying likely Republican, nice showing.
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/fullpage/midterm-election-map-2018-live-results-58723598?whichMap=HouseMap

clp_lives

« Reply #980 on: November 19, 2018, 11:07:16 PM »

clp_lives

« Reply #981 on: November 20, 2018, 01:47:00 PM »
When trumpard is done raking the California forests can he help rake up some of my leaves in the backyard?

clp_lives

« Reply #982 on: November 20, 2018, 07:41:47 PM »
I wonder about those that are invested big in the stocks with retirement and investment funds who rode the stock market to new highs with Trump will feel about Trump if it continues to tumble like it has.  All the 2018 gains are gone already and who knows where it will end.  Some I bet overlooked Trump's ways when they looked at their statements each month, but now take a look at the last two months.....  The wave eventually ends and in many cases it is a hard fall.  For me I have a few years to retirement so I rather buy low now and hope when the time comes we get a nice run.  And let's not forget.... lock Ivanka up!

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/20/investing/stock-market-economy/index.html
https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/20/politics/ivanka-trump-email/index.html

clp_lives

« Reply #983 on: November 20, 2018, 07:44:07 PM »
+38 now, in some of the earlier predictions the Democrats performed better than projected.
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/fullpage/midterm-election-map-2018-live-results-58723598?whichMap=HouseMap

clp_lives

« Reply #984 on: November 20, 2018, 07:51:58 PM »
24 Democrat senators up for election vs. only 9 Republicans in very tough districts for many democrats where Trump won by over 20% and you call gaining 2 seats a big win, LOL.   Hit 60 and then you can override.

....we’ll stick this factual reality right here for the consideration of those ‘deplorable’, ‘sexist’, ‘racist’, ‘misogynist’, ‘homophobic’ , ‘xenophobic’, raised-as-fools children of mothers-who-husbands-tell-them-how-to vote....

....with the mainstream news slant on the 2018 midterm election, one might erroneously think the Democrats are now in control of:

-approving nominated members of the Cabinet,

-approving nominated heads of most federal executive agencies,

-approving nominated ambassadors,

-approving nominated Justices of the Supreme Court and all other federal judges,

-ratifying treaties, and –

-controlling the impeachment of the President of the United States for high crimes and misdemeanors.

Of course-

.... those responsibilities are not only in the full control of the ‘racist’, ‘sexist’, ‘bigoted’, ‘misogynistic,’ 'gang-rape supporting’, ‘women are liars’, ‘anti-diversity’, ‘anti-democratic’  Senate, where-

....the Senate saw an increase in the number of GOP majority votes.

....it just can’t possibly get any sillier  :D ........until the second half of the day's mainstream news cycle  ;) ....

gore range

« Reply #985 on: November 20, 2018, 08:47:10 PM »

....what ever fabricated delusions clp_lives feels the need to make up....

Lifetime

• Honk if you've not seen a gun fired from a Harley
« Reply #986 on: November 21, 2018, 07:37:17 AM »
Chide all you want but it is shown that the "cleaning" of the forest floor (not necessarily by RAKING") is a good thing. Removing dead or old growth is a good way to make things safer as well. Yes he said raking but the concept is a proven one. He didn't put it right ...sort of like "if you like your Doctor..." and "savings of $2500"...

https://www.sciencedaily.com/terms/controlled_burn.htm
https://www.beamstree.com/five-good-reasons-remove-underbrush/
Again... one of the reasons that some of these CA fires get so bad is because homeowners in wooded areas CANNOT be allowed to safely CLEAR back the growth around their homes because of laws in place that disallow. If I lived in a house and there was a stand of timber near my home..I would be thinking that if there WAS a fire/wind storm or heavy snow and ice, my home could be destroyed. A 50 ft tree 25 feet from my home could pose a danger. Do the geometry.
Yes...he didn't articulate as well as I would have like but the concept is SOLID SCIENCE. And rake yer own damned leaves. I don't own a maple tree on my property but my hedges seem to fill up with the leaves from neighbors maples... Should I ask them to come get THEIR leaves or just smile, shut my mouth and RAKE???
Need more ammo to just solidify your hatred of Trump...Hmmmm he has HAIR implants and he takes Statins... oh and he does seem to have SMALL hands...Whiskey Tango Foxtrot???

When trumpard is done raking the California forests can he help rake up some of my leaves in the backyard?

Amidala

« Reply #987 on: November 21, 2018, 09:34:54 AM »
The Finnish Biome is Taiga, a cold climate, forested mostly by evergreens, and Finland is the same latitude as Alaska, Central Siberia, and bisected by the Arctic Circle.

Southern California is a Chapparel and/or Mediterranean Biome characterised by extremely hot, dry summers and wet winters. Both the ocean and the mountains  influence the biome. Wildfires are common, and the plant life is adapted to wildfires in many aspects, using post-wildfire conditions as triggers to germinate seeds. (In some cases, destructive wildfires also destroy the seeds.)

Neither are Deciduous Forests as we see here in PA, with heavy leaf litter from deciduous trees, and generally wetter conditions than Southern California.

Southern California is also not the same kind of biome as the Northern California redwood forests, etc, where wildfires are easier to contain.

Perhaps the real issue is that humans have chosen to live in a biome that is inherently "spark - sensitive" & unstable, and is, as we have evidenced, becoming more unstable with each passing year.

clp_lives

« Reply #988 on: November 21, 2018, 11:13:12 PM »
Now that is a lot more votes for the Blue team.  Outwardly Trumard and his followers can act otherwise but this does not look good for the Red team no matter how you look at it.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/11/21/democrats-won-house-midterms-largest-margin-since-watergate/2084052002/

gore range

« Reply #989 on: November 25, 2018, 10:28:57 AM »
Enlightening “news reporting” by NBC and relayed by USATODAY-

“…
The analysis found Democrats led Republicans in House races by a whopping 8.6 million votes in this year's midterms. NBC News reports that number is the largest margin that Democrats have defeated Republicans in a midterm House election since 1974.

That midterm race, shortly after Nixon resigned, allowed Democrats to win the popular vote by 8.7 million votes, NBC reported.
…”

“…
whopping…” :D

….of course, close minded readers are certainly free to blindly accept NBC’s one-sided, politically biased, strawman  “whopping”,versus contrasting and comparing facts readily available to open minded readers.

A distant alternate perspective from the uninvolved across the pond-

The simple facts of the updated figures contrasting and comparing the of the ‘new ‘ 2018 standard of “…
whopping…” political defeats-

the factual
“…whopping…” reality on the western front-

Per the US Census Bureau, in 1974 the US population was aprx 213.9 million.

Per the US Census Bureau, in 2018 the US population is aprx 326.7 million.

Per the US Census Bureau’s n figures, while the US population increased 52% between 1974 and 2018-

-.the “…
whopping…” number of Democratic voters voting in the two midterm elections-

….
declined by 1.5%.

“…
whopping…”  :D

While Ford had a notably higher favorability rating, 44% more Congressional seats were lost at Ford’s first post-“WATERGATE” midterm election than lost in the 2018 midterms.

- while Bill Clinton had an approval rating 4% even lower  than ‘the Trumpard’, 77% more Congressional seats lost at Clinton’s pre-impeachment first midterm election than lost in the 2018 midterms.

- while Barack Obama Clinton had an approval rating 4% higher than ‘the Trumpard’, 100% more, or doubled, the Congressional seats lost at Obama’s first “WATERGATE” midterm election than lost in the 2018 midterms.

As of the day before Thanksgiving, more than two weeks after the election, according to the Washington Post, the Democrats are at 233 House seats, a pick up of 38, to Republicans' 199 seats, with three undecided and one previously declared that could flip. In the Senate, the Republicans have 52 and the Democrats have 47 seats, with one still undecided.

The sour-grapes sore-winners have wasted no time starting on the likely to be gridlocked House side :D -

« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 11:46:47 AM by gore range »
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 ... 73   Go Up

A random picture
Sorry, you need to be logged in to view the gallery
Portal Management Extension PortaMx™ v0.957 | PortaMx © 2008-2009 by PortaMx corp.