[December 15, 2018, 07:56:23 PM]
More on climate change
by Amidala
[December 11, 2018, 12:31:16 PM]
....bang bang....
by gore range
[December 04, 2018, 08:37:38 AM]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: ....bang bang....  (Read 29460 times)

Lifetime

• Self Important Starfish
  • Honk if you've not seen a gun fired from a Harley
Re: ....bang bang....
« Reply #105 on: May 01, 2018, 08:07:44 AM »
The Magnums aren't cheap but... as a gift, I acquired a North American Arms "WASP" that has 2 cylinders...one for 22 short/long/long rifle and one for Magnums. Practice with the one cylinder and carry with the magnum in. It does quite well with in the 7 yard distance Law Enforcement describes as the "danger zone" of person to person contact. This all comes from a small revolver with a 1 5/8 inch barrel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9WTwSvDP8s

Before you go "PHOOEY" to the lowly 22...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUM1r_444CY

And we haven't even talked about the 22 MAG...

You know what “looks” ominous is my S&W 15-22. 

😂 lol 🤣

It’s a .22 😂

I have two of those! One rifle and one revolver. They are awesome and loads of fun. The ammo was pretty spendy a few years ago. I don't know what it's like now.

gore range

« Reply #106 on: May 01, 2018, 08:20:52 PM »
....of course, there is no “fake news”  put out by the do-not-exist mass leftist propaganda ministries who likewise are not hyping their fabricated political agenda to the liberal low information, short attention span, instant gratification, self-entitled  social media addicts.....just ask them

« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 12:56:35 AM by gore range »

gore range

« Reply #107 on: May 01, 2018, 08:22:47 PM »
...of course, don't wait  around for a correction from the numerous lying "not-fake-news" story tellers

NightmarePatrol

« Reply #108 on: May 02, 2018, 06:40:43 AM »
The grip would be mandatory for me. My revolver has interchangable cylinders for 22 and 22 mag. but honestly the mag is plain and simple more fun. Lots of people poo-poo the 22 mag and IMO they shouldn't. They far more capable then people give them credit for.

The Magnums aren't cheap but... as a gift, I acquired a North American Arms "WASP" that has 2 cylinders...one for 22 short/long/long rifle and one for Magnums. Practice with the one cylinder and carry with the magnum in. It does quite well with in the 7 yard distance Law Enforcement describes as the "danger zone" of person to person contact. This all comes from a small revolver with a 1 5/8 inch barrel.

😂 lol 🤣

It’s a .22 😂

I have two of those! One rifle and one revolver. They are awesome and loads of fun. The ammo was pretty spendy a few years ago. I don't know what it's like now.

Lifetime

• Honk if you've not seen a gun fired from a Harley
« Reply #109 on: May 02, 2018, 08:13:51 AM »
Though the added grip makes the weapon a bit bigger... it offers 3 things... safety over the trigger( almost like a hard holster), better control, especially in meat hooks the size of my hand, and... it even offers a clip to attach to belt lines or pockets like some knives have. I do carry it in a pocket but the down side to that is that you have to periodically open the side plate as lint can get into it and even...if a lot, cause a malfunction. It is nice to be able to conceal carry without any noticeable lumps or bumps when carrying a mid to full size pistol/holster. Even my PPKS with Paddle holster can be lumpy on my body.So sometimes clothing we wear, situations, as well as weather... dictates what "jewelry" we wear. What is neat about the Wasp is..it can even be carried in an empty cigarette box (sans the large aftermarket grip) if need be. (And I don't smoke...lol). Surprise can come from both directions....

The grip would be mandatory for me. My revolver has interchangable cylinders for 22 and 22 mag. but honestly the mag is plain and simple more fun. Lots of people poo-poo the 22 mag and IMO they shouldn't. They far more capable then people give them credit for.

😂 lol 🤣

It’s a .22 😂

gore range

« Reply #110 on: May 02, 2018, 08:37:01 PM »
....  .22 longs are seemingly back in mass abundance; shelves full at the local major big-box discount chain today. The deal not seen in a good while- a box of 1000 50g Winchester FMJs for $50.49, compared to the next price- a box of 555 Remington .22s longs for $25.59.

gore range

« Reply #111 on: May 02, 2018, 08:39:31 PM »
...the camera hogg documents the product/result of his liberal-controlled public education to a world forum-

gore range

« Reply #112 on: May 06, 2018, 06:56:25 AM »
....so it goes....

.... ;) ....

IC2ITUC

• Won't Go Away
« Reply #113 on: May 06, 2018, 09:32:03 PM »
If you believe Rep Himes and the DemocRATS that they don't want our guns Out of OUR Control, then you will also believe that I saw the REAL ELVIS and MUHAMMAD ALI on the PA., Turnpike this weekend.  ELVIS was Riding Shotgun and ALI was passing me in his Pink Cadillac with the license plate which read --- CHAMP. By the way, he was Speeding WAY ABOVE the posted limit !
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 10:25:00 PM by IC2ITUC »
"There are few bargains in parachutes or healthcare"!  "The Mind is like a parachute, it functions best when open"!

gore range

« Reply #114 on: May 08, 2018, 09:46:20 AM »
....a rather compelling contrast and comparison-

....liberals intentionally NOT reporting crimes (schools receive $$$ under an Obama-era program when the schools report lowered crime occurrences in their districts), and –

....when liberal-municipality police authorities are already assigned on site to “protect and defend”-

....and still no accountability, and -

....to no surprise-

...it is the fault of the inert and mindless firearms....and, as well....

....the fault of the  “killing our children”, murderous NRA-

....when seconds counted –

....and close friends and neighbors who  he knew......

....were dying-

....and -

....the police are minutes and miles away-

https://youtu.be/Y3LzC4yU_p8

« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 10:12:47 AM by gore range »

Amidala

gore range

« Reply #116 on: May 10, 2018, 09:30:06 AM »
http://www.philly.com/philly/opinion/commentary/gun-violence-philadelphia-cdc-omnibus-bill-funding-opinion-20180509.html

We did everything we could.” The refrain echoes in our minds weeks, months, even years after we perform the horrifying task of telling a mother that her child has died.
    As physicians in pediatric emergency medicine and critical care medicine, we have trained for years to master the intricate dance of a trauma resuscitation, so that when faced with the potential loss of a young life, we are prepared to intervene. We also humbly accept that there will be times when even our best efforts fail and we must deliver news that will change a family’s life forever. At such times, we sit next to parents and tell them that we did everything possible to save their child’s life.
    But what can we say to a mother whose child has been killed by a bullet?
    In the wake of the tragedies we see, physician-scientists work passionately to do everything in our power to ensure that each and every child in our community has the chance to live a full and productive life.  We investigate car-restraint devices, bicycle helmets, and smoke detectors. We teach about button batteries and prescription drug misuse.  We study the most effective means to protect children from vaccine-preventable diseases and seasonal illness outbreaks. We know that our research-based interventions save lives, and we rejoice in data demonstrating decreases in pediatric mortality.
    We cannot, however, say the same about efforts to stem the tide of young lives ended by guns.
    When faced with epidemics, scientists launch research efforts to combat the threat. Not so for the gun-violence epidemic, for which research efforts have been stymied by a lack of both funding and political will. Imagine if the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention were unable to study the causes of influenza. Currently, we are unable to measure basic gun-injury risk factors, such the rate of gun ownership in the United States.  Until we are able to answer these simple questions, we cannot look a mother in the eye and tell her that we did everything possible to prevent her child’s gun-related death.
     We were heartened that the latest omnibus spending bill clarifies that the CDC will be allowed to conduct research into gun-related injury. However, the 1996 Dickey Amendment — inspiring Congress to slash federal funds for gun-related injury — remains.  At this time, no additional funding has been allocated to the CDC for gun-injury research. We therefore urge our colleagues in medicine both to take up the mantle of gun-injury research, and to continue to ask local and federal legislative bodies to expand funding directed toward the study of gun-injury prevention.
    We know that rigorous scientific studies often take years to complete; therefore, it is also critical that we develop common-sense policies that can save lives immediately. These include:
-Clear directives allowing physicians to discuss firearms safety as routine injury-prevention guidance.
-Laws requiring that firearms in homes with children be stored and secured properly, using locks and other storage devices that are proven to work.
-Improvement in both the availability and quality of mental health services for children and young adults.
-Universal background checks for all firearm transactions, including private and gun-show sales.
-Bans on military-style, semi-automatic magazine-fed rifles and carbines, as well as devices that allow semi-automatic weapons to be fully-automatized.
-Increased enforcement of existing laws, including those designed to eliminate “straw purchasing.”

While each of us, like most other Americans, holds personal beliefs on the interpretation of the Second Amendment, we believe that we must get past the politics of gun control. We do not advocate confiscation of legally acquired firearms. Rather, we are moved as advocates for the welfare of children to put personal politics aside and to address the problem of gun-related injury as the national epidemic that it is.
Perhaps one day we will have fulfilled our promise to that crying mother, and be able to say that we have done everything possible to prevent these tragedies from ever happening again.
    “We did everything we could.” The refrain echoes in our minds weeks, months, even years after we perform the horrifying task of telling a mother that her child has died.
    As physicians in pediatric emergency medicine and critical care medicine, we have trained for years to master the intricate dance of a trauma resuscitation, so that when faced with the potential loss of a young life, we are prepared to intervene. We also humbly accept that there will be times when even our best efforts fail and we must deliver news that will change a family’s life forever. At such times, we sit next to parents and tell them that we did everything possible to save their child’s life.
    But what can we say to a mother whose child has been killed by a bullet?
    Between 2015 and 2017, more than 400 of Philadelphia’s children were shot.  They came from all walks of life, and were often shot by accident — with guns that were just as likely to be owned legally as not. We were unable to save them all, and many who survived now face lifelong disability. While many of these shootings go unrecorded in the news media, their numbers tell the story of an epidemic.
    When faced with epidemics, scientists launch research efforts to combat the threat. Not so for the gun-violence epidemic, for which research efforts have been stymied by a lack of both funding and political will. Imagine if the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention were unable to study the causes of influenza. Currently, we are unable to measure basic gun-injury risk factors, such the rate of gun ownership in the United States.  Until we are able to answer these simple questions, we cannot look a mother in the eye and tell her that we did everything possible to prevent her child’s gun-related death.

...what a complete crock of utter liberal crap emotional propaganda.

Per the article ”... Between 2015 and 2017, more than 400 of Philadelphia children were shot.
They came from all walks of life, and were often shot by accident — with guns that were just as likely to be owned legally as not. We were unable to save them all, and many who survived now face lifelong disability. While many of these shootings go unrecorded in the news media, their numbers tell the story of an epidemic.
...”

....I went thru the 2,500 records cited.

400 children?

Aprx aprx 70 of the 25,000 records listed involved victims under the age of 18- the legal age of majority and the threshold of adulthood.

Aprx were 15 or younger, and aprx 10 were younger than 13

Aprx a quarter of those under 18, were 17 y/o.

Five youth a year 15 years old or younger were killed by guns....in a city with the population 1.56 million –

....a statistically invisible number (.000003 percent)

An “epidemic”, indeed.

A statistically visible number-

....aprx 90% of those 15-and-under killed by a gun-children-

....identified as black for race.

Aprx 85% of all 2,500 listed victims are identified as black for race.

...and the “epidemic” is the gun’s fault.

Indeed, -

“...the numbers tell the story of the epidemic....”
[/]

gore range

« Reply #117 on: May 12, 2018, 03:47:37 PM »
 .... no pun intended....they've clammed up=

gore range

« Reply #118 on: May 14, 2018, 04:45:22 PM »
...we can’t have qualified teachers carrying concealed weapons in schools because ‘good guys’  with hand guns can not stop a bad guy who has an “assault” rifle....

....good gals and guys-

....with hand guns-

....stop a bad (liberal loon) guy, who-

....opened fire on unarmed innocents-

....with one of those  big.......black........scary looking......lethally deadly......
.“assaultrifles

https://www.buzzfeed.com/katenocera/baseball-shooting?utm_term=.dhBbLyVlE#.ggAbA0VZ3
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 12:37:53 AM by gore range »

gore range

« Reply #119 on: May 17, 2018, 08:08:32 AM »
…the controlling lib harp there is no slippery slope of gun control…

….the controlling libs harp that they just want sensible gun laws….

….Rod Watson is a long-time New York  left-of-left lib columnist in Buffalo, writing here on his concerns regarding the ‘non-existent slippery slope of we only want sensible gun laws’-

[/]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up

A random picture
Sorry, you need to be logged in to view the gallery
Portal Management Extension PortaMx™ v0.957 | PortaMx © 2008-2009 by PortaMx corp.