[December 15, 2018, 07:56:23 PM]
More on climate change
by Amidala
[December 11, 2018, 12:31:16 PM]
....bang bang....
by gore range
[December 04, 2018, 08:37:38 AM]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: ....bang bang....  (Read 29466 times)

Lifetime

• Self Important Starfish
  • Honk if you've not seen a gun fired from a Harley
Re: ....bang bang....
« Reply #90 on: April 28, 2018, 01:31:14 PM »
Gore...

I cringe at the separation of SEMI auto from the other LEGAL firearms... My take is that SEMI AUTO fires ONE round for EACH pull of the trigger...BUT... so doesn't a REVOLVER. There are revolvers out there that hold 9 rounds... and I know one of the people I deal with who can fire a 6 shot revolver ACCURATELY ..reloaded with a speed loader and fire 6 more ACCURATELY... in 2.9 seconds... 12 rounds comin' atcha in less that 3 seconds. The guy's name is Jerry Miculek..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLk1v5bSFPw

and try this one...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FbUMqoyjDw

And there are others who are almost as fast....

Math can approximate 124 rounds per... MINUTE with a revolver and speed loaders... That is over 3-30 round AR 15 magazines in a minute.... ACCURATELY not "spray and pray".  My point is this is a ludicrous additional infringement and opens the door to...yet again remove or regulate (meaning fees) other firearms. And remember... there are other Semi Auto rifles and shotguns that no one seems to put crosshairs on YET. Talk to a few Migratory Bird hunters and even in many states...AR 15/SKS/AK47 are used in the sport of hunting as well.. Texas has more Hog Hunters that use the AR15 to hunt than I would say ...any state.

So yes FOOD for thought but ...it is rancid ...at best. :o

....lengthy, but a lot of balanced food for thought-

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/04/28/gun-nuts-guide-to-gun-control-federal-semi-automatic-firearm-license-218072

NightmarePatrol

« Reply #91 on: April 28, 2018, 06:30:27 PM »
You'd need an entire mag of 223 to kill a hog. A friend of mine show one 4 times with a 45 at 50 feet and the rounds didn't even go through the shoulder blade. The 12 gauge rifled slug did a lot better. An AR15 (with a 223) is a pretty useless round for anything other than varmint. It doesn't just have enough behind it. Unless you just want to shoot something and not eat it.

So on the dreaded "assault rifle" topic. There are tons of M1's, M14's and M16's floating around in circulation since WWII ended. They have the same rate of fire and are much more powerful. They just don't look as impressive or ominous.

Lifetime

« Reply #92 on: April 28, 2018, 07:08:23 PM »
Hate to tell you but the AR 15 is one of the primary hog guns and have seen more than one put down with ONE well placed 233/5.56x45. And... the AR15... shoots the same round as the FULL AUTO M16's or M4s. and the M14's shoot the 7.62x51 which is a direct kin of the 308... a good deer round. M1 Garands use another deer round... the 30-06. I reload all of those for my Black Rifles and deer rifles. I even resize the 223/5.56x45 into 300 Whispers for my last rifle build. It is basically a 30 cal. that can be used for deer as well when PA  legalizes Semis for deer (with a 5 round capacity). And on a hog...hit the head/neck or ribs/chest...not the thickest bone.

You'd need an entire mag of 223 to kill a hog. A friend of mine show one 4 times with a 45 at 50 feet and the rounds didn't even go through the shoulder blade. The 12 gauge rifled slug did a lot better. An AR15 (with a 223) is a pretty useless round for anything other than varmint. It doesn't just have enough behind it. Unless you just want to shoot something and not eat it.

So on the dreaded "assault rifle" topic. There are tons of M1's, M14's and M16's floating around in circulation since WWII ended. They have the same rate of fire and are much more powerful. They just don't look as impressive or ominous.

NightmarePatrol

« Reply #93 on: April 29, 2018, 08:20:02 AM »
I know what caliber they all are. I personally don't own a 223 anything, but I do have an .06 and the 223's bigger sibling the 243. Getting ahead shot down south is akin to seeing a unicorn. I never used anything other than bolt action in PA because well.. that was all that was legal at the time. I don't know when they legalized 223 for deer there, but it was a while after I moved. We can agree to disagree on the effectiveness of of the round for anything other than its intended use.

Anyhow, the point is that semi automatic rifles have been in the public's hands for a very long time. The rate of fire is all about the same as well. The hoopla over one particular model is what's driving me up a wall.

bighair80s

« Reply #94 on: April 29, 2018, 10:03:02 AM »
You know what “looks” ominous is my S&W 15-22. 

😂 lol 🤣

It’s a .22 😂
"this space for rent"

clp_lives

« Reply #95 on: April 29, 2018, 10:17:30 AM »
Barring guns at a NRA convention, now that is funny.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/nra-convention-bans-guns-protect-012331621.html

Lifetime

« Reply #96 on: April 29, 2018, 03:30:41 PM »
I don't know where you hunt but... in Texas they even use night vision as dusk and dark are favored by boar. You don't need a head shot but the neck is thick and the ribs/chest are very vulnerable with a side view. So...maybe those people down south made the unicorns extinct??  ;D

and what is the 223s intended use??? I have found it isn't the caliber as much as the round it sends down field. I have several Conceal Carries but the one I have used the most is a VERY SMALL NAA 5 shot revolver that is loaded with 42 gn hollow point 22 MAG. It is more than capable of the intentional use I have for it. A 223/5.56x45 used in the TERRIBLE NASTY M16/M4/AR15 is a basic 22 round that is 55 gn. The 222 Remington was the precursor of the 223 and it became introduced in 1950. The 308 in 1952 and the 30-06...1906...

The modern 223 is used in many rifles...bolt and semi and it is used as a varmint round...You can kill ANYTHING with the right placement of even a 22 short if you hit what you are aiming at just right. Killer Bullets!!!! My rear.... they can ALL kill... like any length of knife. Sometimes we just let the media make the Frankenstein Monsters for us and we begin to believe it... Oh... and in the 60s.... I saw my share of..UNICORNS.  :o

I know what caliber they all are. I personally don't own a 223 anything, but I do have an .06 and the 223's bigger sibling the 243. Getting ahead shot down south is akin to seeing a unicorn. I never used anything other than bolt action in PA because well.. that was all that was legal at the time. I don't know when they legalized 223 for deer there, but it was a while after I moved. We can agree to disagree on the effectiveness of of the round for anything other than its intended use.

Anyhow, the point is that semi automatic rifles have been in the public's hands for a very long time. The rate of fire is all about the same as well. The hoopla over one particular model is what's driving me up a wall.

clp_lives

« Reply #97 on: April 29, 2018, 06:19:19 PM »
Barring guns at a NRA convention, now that is funny.  Whatever happened to their saying carrying concealed weapons prevents crimes.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/nra-convention-bans-guns-protect-012331621.html

bighair80s

« Reply #98 on: April 29, 2018, 09:49:16 PM »
I could be wrong but I think the Secret Service restricts firearms and weapons at any venue they are in charge of... Doesn’t SS outrank the venue or its sponser?
My guess is that if the SS is involved there are likely firearms there.  And likely concealed.
"this space for rent"

gore range

« Reply #99 on: April 29, 2018, 10:19:55 PM »
I could be wrong but I think the Secret Service restricts firearms and weapons at any venue they are in charge of... Doesn’t SS outrank the venue or its sponser?
My guess is that if the SS is involved there are likely firearms there.  And likely concealed.

....you are spot-on 100% correct in your observation utilizing known documented facts.

Lifetime

« Reply #100 on: April 30, 2018, 08:39:26 AM »
Please correct me if I am wrong but I thought I had heard that the US MILITARY was not allowed to carry arms in certain areas of Bagram Air Base, Afghanistan where Pres. Obama was present on a visit in 2014. And this, in a War Zone... So let the speculation begin.

....you are spot-on 100% correct in your observation utilizing known documented facts.

Lifetime

« Reply #101 on: April 30, 2018, 08:44:40 AM »
Before you go "PHOOEY" to the lowly 22...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUM1r_444CY

And we haven't even talked about the 22 MAG...

😂 lol 🤣

It’s a .22 😂

clp_lives

« Reply #102 on: April 30, 2018, 12:10:52 PM »
Oh yes the irony, no guns at a NRA Convention. Almost like banning beer at a beer festival.    :rofl:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2018/04/30/nra-draws-fire-banning-guns-event-featuring-vice-president-mike-pence/563873002/

Please correct me if I am wrong but I thought I had heard that the US MILITARY was not allowed to carry arms in certain areas of Bagram Air Base, Afghanistan where Pres. Obama was present on a visit in 2014. And this, in a War Zone... So let the speculation begin.

gore range

« Reply #103 on: April 30, 2018, 02:44:37 PM »
Oh yes the irony, no guns at a NRA Convention. Almost like banning beer at a beer festival.    :rofl:

....always revealing when a delusional documented liar continues to make crap up contrary to  factual reality and troll a thread.....      [/]

NightmarePatrol

« Reply #104 on: April 30, 2018, 05:08:48 PM »
Before you go "PHOOEY" to the lowly 22...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUM1r_444CY

And we haven't even talked about the 22 MAG...

😂 lol 🤣

It’s a .22 😂

I have two of those! One rifle and one revolver. They are awesome and loads of fun. The ammo was pretty spendy a few years ago. I don't know what it's like now.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up

A random picture
Sorry, you need to be logged in to view the gallery
Portal Management Extension PortaMx™ v0.957 | PortaMx © 2008-2009 by PortaMx corp.