[February 15, 2019, 04:59:04 PM]
More on climate change
by gore range
[February 14, 2019, 11:12:16 PM]
No Topic. Anything Goes.
by NightmarePatrol
[February 10, 2019, 09:18:40 AM]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Holiday start  (Read 1983 times)

Lifetime

• Self Important Starfish
  • Honk if you've not seen a gun fired from a Harley
Re: Holiday start
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2018, 08:56:02 AM »
Cusp of the Season.. end and beginning

As I look out the window today… early morning darkness… It gives me a canvas to remember my past and those who shared it with me. I remember the times when we actually had snow for the Christmas Day ahead… so now the snow hasn’t come but I have the memories of those white times.

I remember …with young mind and eyes… the anticipation of Christmas… to hope that Santa will visit me and fill me with the wonders of what lies inside the colorful packages.

To remember the smells prior and during that day…not just the aroma of a pine tree in the living room but the magic elixirs my mother had in those small containers as she added the flavors to a feast that we would soon partake.

To remember the look on my parents faces as I gleefully opened the gifts… most what I wished for and the clothes that I reluctantly needed… maybe was a bit one-sided.

To remember the smiles on my parent’s faces when they opened the gifts I was able to buy from allowances and money from mowing and shoveling. Dad...always appreciative of the socks and a pipe tamper and Mom… some obscure bubble bath or yes…even “Evening in Paris” perfume. Funny that after all the decades they have been gone.. I still have my Father’s humidor and tamper and even a pair of Mustard Seed Ear rings I had bought my mother along with a cedar Jewelry Box I made in wood shop.

To remember how warm that Holiday was…not from the temperature but from the inner glow of the love we had and my need of having both parents and later a Sister to share the time. Even memories of sitting in a low lit living room with the ambient light only from a multi colored light festival on the tree and the fuzzy glow of the TV with Christmas shows on it.

To remember the times I could not be home for the Holiday but never further than a simple letter/card or a phone call. I know where 2 small artificial trees are buried that my parents made sure I got in Vietnam. Even though we had to bury or burn extra stuff when we moved… those memories of those small trees in a dim bunker will always be with me.

Christmas is about family… either those in the past or present. A time will come that each of us will be in either and we hope that the Memories meld to make a family whole.

Now to the final thought...as we pass through the time of gifts, we mature to the time of the reasons… for most the heavy side, is family, but to some...it is the completion of the family and spiritual side… no matter what our Religious philosophies are.  Whatever fills your minds and hearts always let it be the good parts. Remember well those who are not with you this year, appreciate those who are close and keep a spot open for those who walk into your life to come.

Merry Christmas and always an incredible New Year….

NightmarePatrol

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2018, 11:33:38 PM »
Merry Christmas to all

Amidala

« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2018, 01:52:28 PM »
They came, they ate, they talked, they left.

Twenty-two & one-half hours, one church service, two meals, and one gift opening session.

Now, *I* can relax...😂🥂

Janetplanet

« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2018, 03:56:06 PM »
I'm right there with you Amidala - they came we ate and they are now gone.  I am cleaning up and enjoying the peace and quiet.  January and February can be long and cold, but all is well.  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all.
handle every stressful situation like a dog.  pee on it and walk away.

Lifetime

• Honk if you've not seen a gun fired from a Harley
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2018, 10:19:40 AM »
  Time rolls on....
So as the old man is about to don his long white robe and scythe, preparing for his last hoorah, another, that is bright and brand new is about to put on his party hat and first diaper. Our old year is grinding to a halt with one coming in with bright lights and loud noises.
We look back on the good and bad of the past 365. Sometimes one outweighs the other but in all…we are surely older but hopefully wiser for it. In the future 365 we hope for the good for us and our loved ones. We also try to make the bad be as harmless as possible. This is the way of every passing New Year… not a resolution…just what it is.
We want to prognosticate and lay out the plans…LOL the Resolutions… and for most… they are soon set by the wayside as life creeps in…but for some… the effort is applied and the Year is definitely better…perhaps attention to someone close or one more thing off the Bucket List. However it plays out… we are stuck on the ride until each milestone of the 365/366.
All we can do is our best and use the knowledge of prior years to enhance the new one. As we revel, at least for one night…( some never make it to the falling ball LOL) we see 2 things… the New Year comes no matter what and … some will ask themselves WHY did we stay up so late or imbibe too much…pass the Alka Seltzer… All in all…we did this and will repeat the ritual again.
In the end…all we can hope for is a better year than the one before and at least start it out like we mean it. It is an unknown trip through time and it is the one thing we can’t stop or speed up. May we all have that BETTER year as we welcome the little guy(girl for those so inclined) and hope in that new year…we are not one who has to wear diapers. Let the Old Man have his rest…he worked hard to give us the last 365 and hope it had more good than bad.
So, brush off the dust and rust of the last year and welcome the “New and Improved (we hope) “Year coming our way… It is knocking at the door.  Enjoy your time in 2018 and anticipate with a smile...as 2019 enters your life. Be well and SAFE. 

bighair80s

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2019, 09:45:42 AM »
Happy New Year everyone!
"this space for rent"

lifefeedsonlife

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2019, 03:11:16 PM »
Image result for janus 2 faced godMay Janus smile upon the beginning of the New Year!
 :D
For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. - Carl Sagan
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

A random picture
Sorry, you need to be logged in to view the gallery
Portal Management Extension PortaMx™ v0.957 | PortaMx © 2008-2009 by PortaMx corp.