Advanced search  
Recent posts
The Trump Administration
by IC2ITUC
[Today at 10:35:31 PM]
* CLP REPORT *
by gore range
[Yesterday at 08:23:50 PM]
Tell us how you hated 8 years of OBAMA and less than 2 years of TRUMP...
by gore range
[October 24, 2018, 10:54:50 PM]
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Figured it out  (Read 2938 times)

Mr. Ripley

• Won't Go Away
Figured it out
« on: September 10, 2008, 06:31:16 PM »
Well, today is the 10th of September. I joined this forum on the 15th of August after a discussion with NP about including my blog on this forum. I thought the least I could do since NP was interested in expanding was to bring the forum some Mercer County readers. I am still the newest member on the forum.

I put a blatantly obvious invitation on the Herald Forum, but being an infrequent poster I apparently have no pull there... ::)

The one that puzzled me was the blog post I put up telling folks about eeticket and inviting folks to visit. Still nothing from Mercer County. I have finally figured out why.

When I first started the blog I enrolled it on a statictic tracking website just to see who (if anyone) was visiting. I spent a good deal of time last night trying to figure out why it has not drawn a single member here.

Here is the answer to my question. EEticket has no Mercer County readers from my blog because I have no Mercer County readers. Just my Mom, someone from Mercer and one from Grove City. The blog has been read in 23 states and 7 countries (???? got me???) and although most hits are from Pennsylvania, very few are from Crawford, Venango and Mercer Counties. I just don't know why.

Oh well, I will work harder to beat the standing prediction of six months to get another Mercer County poster........ ;D

Mr R

NightmarePatrol

• Self Important Starfish
Re: Figured it out
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 07:44:07 PM »
I'm not sure if I should laugh with you or feel sorry that your readership is not in Mercer county. I actually enjoy your posts there as they are interesting little tidbits of history into the area. I also enjoy the writing style. I guess it agrees with me.

I have no pull over on heymartha. On the other hand I have no pull on the one in Meadville either. But I did get the best ones from the trib to come over here though! On the down side the drama here is minimal, which attracts and repels people at the same time.

Can you edit your meta tags on your site? if so perhaps changing them up a bit might help.

Mr. Ripley

• Won't Go Away
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 08:03:11 PM »
Oh no, please laugh with me!

The blog just evolved, it was never really meant to be local or regional. As a matter of fact, I did not expect it to be read much at all. I started writing it to occupy my mind after my Dad passed. At that point if 50 people read it in the first year I would have been shocked. It has been accepted much better than I had anticipated.

I was just hoping to be able to add some more good people to an already great group. I am disappointed. The lack of drama makes this a very enjoyable forum to belong to. You all should be proud.

I will lure someone yet....... ;D

Mr R

MsPeacock

• Won't Go Away
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 08:25:37 PM »
I especially love the lack of drama .... that's why I'm here and not over there!

Over there I feel like anything I say could get my head bitten off ... and I tend to bite back ... and that was not what I wanted from a forum.

Stress free environment for me please.
They may say that I'm a dreamer.......

Kimmi

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 08:41:07 PM »
Well if you think some of the people on Hey Barfa are close minded, you should see what the people are like in that other PA forum that was just advertised a week or so ago.  I like it there, but man are there some real interesting people!   ???

CindyLouWho

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2008, 08:50:09 PM »
I don't think I ever did check that out.
"Hold on tight to your dream"........Electric Light Orchestra

Mr. Ripley

• Won't Go Away
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 09:02:30 PM »
Well if you think some of the people on Hey Barfa are close minded, you should see what the people are like in that other PA forum that was just advertised a week or so ago.  I like it there, but man are there some real interesting people!   ???

I don't know, you have to like a forum where someone expounds on the sharp mind of Paris Hilton.

Mr R

lifefeedsonlife

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2008, 09:44:23 PM »
Mr. R - I used to blog a lot on msn spaces. For a while I had a lot of hits. My highest hits for a month or so was about 85 a day. I had readers from all over the place. I linked to other 'popular' blogs and a couple of the folks that won the 'Best of" were friends of mine before they won. They wanted to nominate me and I said no thanks. I preferred anonymity. My writing tends to be a little 'heavy' at times too - so some folks didn't stick around long. I made friends with folks from all over the world though. My favorites were a free-thinking young women from Brazil, a beautiful college professor from Turkey, and a young woman who was a student Saudi Arabia. We traded a lot of ideas and outlooks. It was cool and allowed me to see 'me' as an American filtered through the eyes of folks half a worl away. They liked me and said if I was representative of America - then they had some hope . . .

Kinda intense when you think about it. 

I post there once every few months now - but it's dead for the most part. I lost the connections save for the girl from Brazil. We do Facebook now - which is not nearly so involved as trading blogs and ideas. (Big time.) When I started working in earnest again in '06 and quit doin' the stay-at-home Dad thing I didn't have time to blog anymore. I'll have to read your posts more often than I do - um - which has been exactly once thus far. I do like a good blog though. The point of view of 'the common folk' makes for a much more interesting read to me.

I like posting here cuz it's nice and my eccentricities don't seem to bug folks. My sense of humor hasn't pissed anybody off yet either - which is always good. I like posting on the Tribune cuz I've been doing that for almost three years now and I know some of the folks fairly well. (Though the ones I like best are over here for the most part now!)  I like to verbally spar a bit. It helps me shape my thinking when I'm made to look at opposing views - even if the views are less than politley promulgated.
For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. - Carl Sagan
Pages: [1]   Go Up

A random picture
Sorry, you need to be logged in to view the gallery
Portal Management Extension PortaMx™ v0.957 | PortaMx © 2008-2009 by PortaMx corp.