Advanced search  
Recent posts
* CLP REPORT *
by gore range
[Yesterday at 08:23:50 PM]
The Trump Administration
by gore range
[Yesterday at 08:00:30 PM]
Tell us how you hated 8 years of OBAMA and less than 2 years of TRUMP...
by gore range
[October 24, 2018, 10:54:50 PM]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Be carefull what you wish for...  (Read 5375 times)

Mr. Ripley

• Won't Go Away
Be carefull what you wish for...
« on: September 27, 2008, 09:13:23 PM »
One of the primary things that I have grown to love on this forum is the lack of flaming at each other. Everyone here is treated kindly and respectfully by everyone else, kind of a microcosm of what society would be in an ideal world.

I have spent some time over the last few days weighing in on the slugfest at the Herald forum. Many of the good folks who made that forum enjoyable are gone, replaced with a cross section of ill tempered, sometimes foul individuals. The "Pay Poor $1,000 to have Tubes Tied" thread is a perfect example. It is getting downright nasty. It is difficult to post anything over there without something negative being said.

Used to be a nice place.

So beware of what you wish for NP, we may not want them over here anyhow...... ::)

Mr R

Kimmi

• Self Important Starfish
Re: Be carefull what you wish for...
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 09:24:26 PM »
Or some of the winners from the PA forum!  Did you see my signature over there?  That forum needs an enema!

E-L Man

• Yep, it's me.
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 09:30:26 PM »
Or some of the winners from the PA forum!  Did you see my signature over there?  That forum needs an enema!

Kimmi & Rip,,,I don't want to hijack this but quickly tell me how to post a new topic. I've forgotten where it is.
I'm not the best lookin guy in the world but I'll do ya till he gets here.

Kimmi

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008, 09:52:28 PM »
Go to which ever section you want to post it in and click on New Topic at the top! haha Seriously look for the bar across the top. 

E-L Man

• Yep, it's me.
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2008, 09:57:52 PM »
Thats what I've been looking for and I don't see the bar at the top or anything that says post a new topic.

Kimmi

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2008, 09:59:52 PM »
Are you trying to look at it in this thread or when you go into a new area?  Click on the Crawford County area and then look. 

E-L Man

• Yep, it's me.
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2008, 10:15:17 PM »
Are you trying to look at it in this thread or when you go into a new area?  Click on the Crawford County area and then look. 

Yeh I was but you were right in going into the CC area. It worked Thanks Kitten :-*

Kimmi

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2008, 10:16:34 PM »
No problem sugar!  ;)

Mr. Ripley

• Won't Go Away
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2008, 10:31:42 PM »

Really, I had not noticed.

Usually I notice a at least one arrogant know it all poster on forums like that.

I try my very best to ignore it when it does happen.......... :slapface:

Mr R

lifefeedsonlife

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2008, 12:36:07 AM »
I think people are getting very tense - but I also think they may not really know why they are. There's a lot of frustration in the air and I sense a lot of fend for yourself thought and stereotyping going on. Honestly - I'm not kidding when I sometimes say I wanna be a species expatriate.

*sigh*

A bit misanthropic I know.

Sadly - when all this moving and shaking is done (ie the Doom and Gloom stuff) - I think the folks that don't understand the true underpinnings of our existence are going to be winnowed out of the surviving gene pool anyway.
For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. - Carl Sagan

Kimmi

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2008, 10:54:05 AM »
That is not necessarily a bad thing if you ask me.

bighair80s

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2008, 11:23:31 AM »

im particularly taken back at the polarization of the disunity we now see. it is not so much based on reason and  logic,  heartfelt soulsearching or even factfinding, but a very narrow and shallow set of guidelines.  foe instance, political parties for sure have different core principals about how to approach solving problems or even doing things at all, but this principal has gotten absolutely ridiculous. it has gotten to the point tat if a person has a R, D or even  I after their name they have to have an exact opposite view than their opponent or else.  its like its a game for them. its foolish.

as far as frustration?  people have anxious hearts maybe?  think about the culture...  we have a thread about a "throw away society" on here,  we are all appalled about people dropping off kids and abandoning them and their responsibility.  we dont take too many commitments seriously anymore do we?. "till death do us part",  our commitments to our children, our financial commitments, our responsibility toward our parents, our families, our friends, our neighbors.  i see a trend now, we are looking out for ourselves... its kind of ass backwards from what i was always taught, sure i understand the concept of providing for yourself, within the bounds of responsible love and concern, but we lost something..

i think the missing component here is love. its the reason for the vitriol you see between folks and the mentality of saving onself. its just my observation...

"this space for rent"

lifefeedsonlife

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2008, 11:45:48 AM »
Self-absorbed hearts are rather cold . . . .
For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. - Carl Sagan

bighair80s

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2008, 01:49:28 PM »
* i want to make sure i made it clear i was not talking about anyone here. i was talking about the tone that many nasty discussions  have taken on many forums as mr r had mentioned. not just discussions but our entire national tone right now.   as well, when i talked about our culture lacking sufficient love and integrity.  i was not suggesting anyone here was guilty. that is a matter each of us faces with ourselves.  i too feel we have done a good job of maintaining civility when discussing matters.

i will say, i have been guilty many many times of selfish thinking and action, to say i have not, would just be foolish. many here have been gracious and decent to continue being good friends in spite of it.  we all have a part in making a good thing work, perhaps we could send a list of pointers to our "leaders".....
"this space for rent"

CindyLouWho

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2008, 03:54:46 PM »
I think we can all say we are able to look back to our youth, when we were yet in our child rearing, and say we remember when things were different.  When neighbors looked after us when we were out playing, when families got together and took care of each other, when their were black parties and neighborhood street dances.......all that jazz.  So it has been 30 years since I was a kid,  35 for you,  40 and more for others......when did things go "wrong"?   And why?  Because in the big picture, 30, 40 or 50 years is really not all that long.
"Hold on tight to your dream"........Electric Light Orchestra
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

A random picture
Sorry, you need to be logged in to view the gallery
Portal Management Extension PortaMx™ v0.957 | PortaMx © 2008-2009 by PortaMx corp.