Advanced search  
Recent posts
* CLP REPORT *
by gore range
[Yesterday at 08:23:50 PM]
The Trump Administration
by gore range
[Yesterday at 08:00:30 PM]
Tell us how you hated 8 years of OBAMA and less than 2 years of TRUMP...
by gore range
[October 24, 2018, 10:54:50 PM]
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Syria, a small but not entirely unexpected surprise  (Read 2676 times)

NightmarePatrol

• Self Important Starfish
Syria, a small but not entirely unexpected surprise
« on: October 27, 2008, 03:37:20 PM »
Yep, we launched a small black ops operation in Syria. I'm sure there was some sort of reasoning behind it, but we as a country are not making friends fast.

Here's one of the articles.

CindyLouWho

Re: Syria, a small but not entirely unexpected surprise
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 04:13:17 PM »
Sure hope it's worth it.  Seems they sure are pissed we acted without sharing any knowledge of it.  I wonder why.   
"Hold on tight to your dream"........Electric Light Orchestra

NightmarePatrol

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 04:40:55 PM »
Well, it's not like we exchange greeting cards with Syria. That doesn't necessarily mean it's okay to do what we did either. With any luck this will all be forgotten quickly, though I doubt it.

CindyLouWho

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 04:52:27 PM »
I think it would have been smart to let someone know what was going on.  Acting in that manner most likely frightened the shit out of Syrian officials.....what may have been going through their minds, ya know?   Hind sight is 20/20.....which is useless.
"Hold on tight to your dream"........Electric Light Orchestra

lifefeedsonlife

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 05:31:45 PM »
Assad is crazier than his Dad was. (Kinda like Lil' Kim is crazier than his Dear Papa.) Fact of the matter is - the 'rats' were comin' in through Syria. I doubt the Syrian government didn't know about it - and I imagine they were is some ways aiding in the process. From my understanding, the most unstable regions in Iraq are those closest to Syria - cuz that's where all the 'easy traffic' is. Is this any different than us incurring Pakistani territory to accomplish a military objective. Any different than Cambodia?

It was a calculated risk on the part of the military. The Pakistanis' are ostensibly "allies" and we're now supposedly training them to hunt Al Qaeda operatives in the northwestern regions. I don't think Syria will be as likely to go along with such 'training.'

The anti-Bush's will scram foul. the pro-Bush's will scream huzzah and the world continues to go to hell in a handbasket as we ponder electing some moron from a party that's gotten us into the messes we're in. (Moron and party are to be read as singular plurals - cuz either of 'em is what I said they are.)

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. - Carl Sagan

NightmarePatrol

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2008, 06:18:00 PM »
You called it Life.

Actually, it seems like the more radical nations of the middle east are winding up with heads of state that even further out there every round. No doubt there was a pay off for them to do this, otherwise it would never have happened.  Lots of people and things crossed the border when this whole mess started. I'm sure there is a transient population between borders that has agendas other than to visit loved ones.

Lybia has been strangely (almost suspiciously) quiet for years now. I think someone wants to remain under the radar.

Mr. Ripley

• Won't Go Away
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2008, 08:05:33 PM »
The U.S. simply would not tolerate Mexico or Canada invading our airspace for this type of operation, and I consider neither a sworn enemy of America.

As of late we seem to have no problem at all crossing the border of a sovereign, often hostile country to carry out operations that do nothing but aggravate tensions between us and the country struck. This will not continue to be ignored as the globe seems to be aligning against us, economically and politically. We must respect these borders.

Now I was once a conservative hawk, and still think deep inside of me that some of what we did not find in Iraq was cleared through Damascus, but then was the time to confront Syrian involvement, not now. It seems that we are picking the big fight to me.

Done ranting, JMHO.

Mr R

lifefeedsonlife

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2008, 08:58:19 PM »
It seems that we are picking the big fight to me.

One of the reasons I find the neo-con philosphy disturbing. Sometimes I wonder if they feel it is their duty (as Ahmedinejad sees it as his) to bring about events leading to the return of Jesus Christ. The mixing of politics and religion doesn't always bode well for the popualtion governed . . . .
For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. - Carl Sagan
Pages: [1]   Go Up

A random picture
Sorry, you need to be logged in to view the gallery
Portal Management Extension PortaMx™ v0.957 | PortaMx © 2008-2009 by PortaMx corp.